LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

They could've escaped during the madness of Ahsoka escaping. I doubt any of the Clones or Anakin would've even thought twice about them at the moment. And if not, Palpatine could have them released whenever he felt it was necessary.

Letta already told us her motif. She said that the Jedi responsible doesn't like the fact that the Jedi have become soldiers instead of peace keepers, and I think that makes a lot of sense. I can definitely see someone as sweet and caring as Bariss to be very unhappy about the Jedi getting involved in the war. After all, she witnessed death and almost died herself on numerous occasions. Plus her and Luminara always seemed like very peaceful, by-the-book type of Jedi to me, so I can imagine that she'd want the Jedi Order to return to what it once was.

And yes, this will likely change Bariss' EU death. The promo for the finale made it sound like Ahsoka was facing a death sentence, so Bariss might even get executed, but I doubt the show would do something that dark. She'll probably just get locked away never to be seen again, just like all CW criminals.

That reminds me, I wonder how Poggle and Wat Tambor, who were seen in the cell block, are going to escape.

The seasons do get darker and more gruesome kills as the series goes on. Look at what happened to Pre Vizla and Satine at the hands of Maul. I do see what you're saying with Letta and what she believed could have been influenced by what Barriss told her. The only thing that could have sealed Barriss as behind the whole plot is if they introduced Luminara and said that Barriss's behavior was off. Right now my thinking is that its Barriss, but I also can't believe it as she is a great character in CW.

Depending on the Prison they could have got out like Boba, Bosk, Cad Bane, and Mr Evil.

They could've escaped during the madness of Ahsoka escaping. I doubt any of the Clones or Anakin would've even thought twice about them at the moment. And if not, Palpatine could have them released whenever he felt it was necessary.

But how would they have gotten out of their cells? They were still locked in the last time we saw them, and I think they would have mentioned it in the episode if they escaped. But yeah, I guess you're right that Palpatine can probably release them somehow anytime he wants to.

The seasons do get darker and more gruesome kills as the series goes on. Look at what happened to Pre Vizla and Satine at the hands of Maul. I do see what you're saying with Letta and what she believed could have been influenced by what Barriss told her. The only thing that could have sealed Barriss as behind the whole plot is if they introduced Luminara and said that Barriss's behavior was off. Right now my thinking is that its Barriss, but I also can't believe it as she is a great character in CW.

True, but so far those killed characters were either bad guys or fairly unimportant side characters, and even their deaths were played down a bit. Barris on the other hand is a character we have come to like and view as a close friend of the main characters. I think it would be a little too dark to suddenly show her getting executed by her friends, even if she did commit a crime. Plus it just doesn't seem very Jedi-like to have a death sentence.

And I disagree, having one of the other characters be suspicious of Bariss would completely ruin the mystery. The fact that these episodes keep us guessing until the end is what makes them so good in my opinion.

Plus it just doesn't seem very Jedi-like to have a death sentence.

Anakin re executing Dooku in Episode III: "It's not the jedi way"

Anakin re executing Dooku in Episode III: "It's not the jedi way"

Exactly. On the other hand, Tarkin might insist that this is a Republic matter and that it is up to him what is to become of her, and he might not be as merciful as the Jedi. But I'm pretty sure they were just exaggerating in the promo when they said "Ahsoka's life is hanging in the balance."

But how would they have gotten out of their cells? They were still locked in the last time we saw them, and I think they would have mentioned it in the episode if they escaped. But yeah, I guess you're right that Palpatine can probably release them somehow anytime he wants to.

I'm not really sure, when I wrote that, I thought for some reason there was a power outage at the prison, and that woulda opened all the cells. I'm not sure why :blush:

Judging by the clip alone, I'm not too impressed with the performance. Granted, it will probably take some time for Curry to 'settle into' the role, but Abercrombie made such a perfect Palpatine that it would be hard for any actor to fill his shoes.

Looks like they found Ian Abercrombie's replacement:

http://www.huffingto..._b_2776241.html

I don't think he sounds anything like Ian McDiarmid or Ian Abercrombie. Some of the CW voice actors are really good, James Arnold Taylor is brilliant at channeling both Ewan and Alec, and Corey Burton is great as Count Dooku. In some cases the voice acting is superior to the real actor, Matt Lanter is far better than Hayden.

This performance really throws me off, I did wonder if Nick Jameson would get the role again.

Edited by Mr Man

Luckily it's only one episode (that we know of) so they have the whole break between seasons to decide if they'll keep him, or try out another guy. The voice of Palpatine are very big shoes to fill.

^ They record episodes months in advance, so you can bet that Curry's been on board for a while now. There was just no reason to announce it until now.

I've got a pretty good impression, and I'm curious to watch Palpatine (and hear Curry) in different situations.

Yes, Ahsoka's gone. That Means Season 6 starts off Revenge of the Sith for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. That means were one step closer to seeing Matt Lanter turn into Darth Vader.

Yes, Ahsoka's gone. That Means Season 6 starts off Revenge of the Sith for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. That means were one step closer to seeing Matt Lanter turn into Darth Vader.

Which kinda happened in the Mortis episodes.

Wow that was a good episode. I love the appearance of the court. I'm still not sold on Tim Curry's performance.

That was probably the best season finale yet. I never would have expected Bariss to be so proficient with two lightsabers, especially not enough to hold her own so well against Anakin, but I guess since she was a criminal mastermind, it makes sense.

I'm glad they came up with a way for Ahsoka to leave, without her dying.

I had actually forgotten about Padme up to that point, and even more that her and Anakin are married, TCW hasn't touched on that for a couple of season now that I can recall.

Overall this was probably my favorite arc from the series, it felt more like Star Wars than the majority of them. Hopefully it doesn't mark the end for the series though, I'm anxious to see what happens to Barris, see how Luminara takes her Padawan's betrayal, and see how Anakin copes with Ahsoka leaving. Oh and what happens to Rex, and Fox, to make Appo and Thire commanders.

That was probably the best season finale yet.

That was already a season finale? I thought every season has 22 episodes, why would they break the rule??

That was already a season finale? I thought every season has 22 episodes, why would they break the rule??

The Rule of Two was already broken long ago...

That was, quite simply, the most emotionally gripping and well-written episode of the series thus far. This single episode alone accomplished so much of what I've wanted to see in the series: hints of darkness within Anakin, the Jedi Order crumbling from within, and a glimpse into the fate of Ahsoka. 10/10, for sure!

I'm hopeful that one of the Disney networks will pick up the series for Season 6; even if they don't, I'm sure that we'll see the show continue via another medium (e.g., home video releases, iTunes downloads, etc.). People are being quick to assume that this is the last we'll see of Ahsoka, too. I think that's a mistake.

I agree that this was the best ending for the series thus far. It seems almost too good of an ending if you ask me with rumors of a 6th season. Maybe this was a safety ending in case Disney doesn't want to continue the series? If this was truly the last episode of the series, at least we got some closure which is really hard to find in cartoons (example: Hey Arnold).

If Disney does make season 6, I think we will see Ahsoka but more over Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. I am predicting that the 6th season will include parts of Revenge of the Sith. For instance, the 6th season may begin before the Battle of Coruscant and fill in the gaps between the movie. Maybe with Darth Vader hunting down Jedi like Ahsoka towards the end of the season, who knows.

Lastly, I was surprised and not surprised it was Barriss as the mastermind. I knew it was her, but I didn't want it to be her at the same time. I was hoping the episode would delve into how Barriss would commit the crime. Like how she snuck into the prison to force choke Letta, etc.

Was no one else bothered the Barriss Offee was responsible for the temple bombing or that she tried to set up Ahsoka to take the blame? Sure we all knew it was going to be her and I know that she expressed some resenment towards the jedi's role in the war earlier in the series, but why would she suddenly become a mass murderer and try to kill her friend? It seemed a little off considering what we had seen of her character thus far.

Edited by Haldir56

Was no one else bothered the Barriss Offee was responsible for the temple bombing or that she tried to set up Ahsoka to take the blame? Sure we all knew it was going to be her and I know that she expressed some resenment towards the jedi's role in the war earlier in the series, but why would she suddenly become a mass murderer and try to kill her friend? It seemed a little off considering what we had seen of her character thus far.

It should have been a hour long finale then. I was kind of disappointed at her confession. I would assume that Barriss didn't think of her actions that way. She believed in her cause so much so that Ahsoka and the other casualties would just be a pawn in her plan. Remember, a terrorist attack is primarily not meant to inflict large casualties but to instill fear and attention. I don't think Barriss wanted anyone to die, but her cause would be more noticeable if there were casualties.

It should have been a hour long finale then. I was kind of disappointed at her confession. I would assume that Barriss didn't think of her actions that way. She believed in her cause so much so that Ahsoka and the other casualties would just be a pawn in her plan. Remember, a terrorist attack is primarily not meant to inflict large casualties but to instill fear and attention. I don't think Barriss wanted anyone to die, but her cause would be more noticeable if there were casualties.

It's not that I am disappionted that Barriss' change in character wasn't explained. I just felt that Barriss wasn't really the ideal character for the role considering the way she had previously been portrayed.

It's not that I am disappionted that Barriss' change in character wasn't explained. I just felt that Barriss wasn't really the ideal character for the role considering the way she had previously been portrayed.

I found this and supposedly its the Star Wars Insider magazine release a few weeks ago.

http://media.tumblr.com/d20c00084635c1fd4c1d222497bacd8a/tumblr_inline_miy8dnmxrh1qz4rgp.jpg

I guess they used Barriss's downfall in the series to convince Ahsoka to leave the order.

I thought that the whole second part of the season was really strong since it really wrapped up a lot the characters introduced in the clone wars. As for "The Wrong Jedi" episode, I thought it was pretty good, didn't like how they made Barriss Offee the true plotter( I think it would have benn better to intorduce a new character that was much darker or even use Eeth Koth,) but it was still good and the ending of the episode was visually and emotinally incredible. I hope to see Ahsoka again next season(which I also hope and think will be the last season of the CW,) but I think George Lucas may be setting Ahsoka up for an appearence in the new Star Wars movies since she would be about the same age as Han Solo. I don't know though hopefully we'll see developments in the future of the CW soon and eventually see sets from this season.