LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

The Gathering definitely wasn't too exciting, but it was still sort of interesting to me. It's now obvious that this is aimed at younger kids, but I think I'll still be able to enjoy this arc. I read a description somewhere that Hondo and his pirates are back in the next episode, so that'll be good. :thumbup:

this week's episode was a huge snoozefest. i was about to fall asleep because i already know about lightsaber lore thanks to the star wars the old republic games.

Good for you, but that doesn't mean everyone does, particularly children, who this episode was clearly targetted at. Instead of falling asleep, you could better spend your time learning how to post properly with capital letters and expand your vocabulary beyond 'snoozefest'. :classic:

I read a description somewhere that Hondo and his pirates are back in the next episode, so that'll be good. :thumbup:

It seems they'll feature in just about every arc this season. It's definitely becoming 'The Pirate Wars' instead of The Clone Wars at the moment, which is far from good. :sceptic: Like I said before, I wish it was Hondo who was killed in the premiere instead of Adi Gallia so that we'd stop seeing these Weequay pirates all the time.

As for The Gathering, I thought it seemed fine as a stand-alone episode, before I learnt it was part of another arc, which is verging on overkill I think. It was an innocent episode clearly aimed at children, unlike some of the darker, more violent episodes. Some points conflicted with my assumptions about lightsaber lore, such as when Barriss Offee constructed hers at a much older age when she was a Padawan with a Master, not a youngling as part of a group, but I suppose changes in canon has become commonplace now. :sceptic:

To me 'the Gathering' seemed more like a field trip with an excitable young class of school kids that the audience could relate to. They all had flaws uncharacteristic of Jedi, but perhaps they don't learn to control them so quickly, and it's only experiences like this that help that. At least they all learned their lessons at the end, so the episode was quite predictable from that point of view.

Pirates vs. Younglings doesn't appeal to me much, so I'm not looking forward to the next episode as much as I was when I thought this would be a one-off filler.

PS. How long had Yoda been waiting inside for them?! :tongue: And I recognised Jeff Fischer straight away from American Dad. :grin:

Edited by ADHO15

I just had a thought. Back when the CVI trailer came out, there was one scene where there were Jedi burials taking place, the funeral of fallen Jedi. What if those dead Jedi are actually all the younglings? I know it might sound doubtful that it would be, but several higher-up people (including Matt Lanter & Ashley Eckstein), have both said the rest of the arc will be dark, so I have a feeling Grievous might kill the younglings...

I just had a thought. Back when the CVI trailer came out, there was one scene where there were Jedi burials taking place, the funeral of fallen Jedi. What if those dead Jedi are actually all the younglings? I know it might sound doubtful that it would be, but several higher-up people (including Matt Lanter & Ashley Eckstein), have both said the rest of the arc will be dark, so I have a feeling Grievous might kill the younglings...

Grievous? Never going to happen. If he does appear in the arc he'll probably get beaten by them.

Grievous? Never going to happen. If he does appear in the arc he'll probably get beaten by them.

I'd agree, but this description for the final episode of the arc, "A Necessary Bond", makes me think otherwise:

"General Grievous launches an attack on Hondo's settlement on Florrum; Ahsoka and the younglings aid Hondo in the fight."

And by this attack, they're referring (and going to show us), the attack on Hondo's base by Grievous that Hondo mentioned to Obi-Wan in "Revival". As we can see in that episode, Hondo's base was destroyed because of the attack. I wouldn't say it's unlikely Grievous will kill those younglings, after all maybe Massacre was just the start of good things for Grievous.

I'd agree, but this description for the final episode of the arc, "A Necessary Bond", makes me think otherwise:

"General Grievous launches an attack on Hondo's settlement on Florrum; Ahsoka and the younglings aid Hondo in the fight."

And by this attack, they're referring (and going to show us), the attack on Hondo's base by Grievous that Hondo mentioned to Obi-Wan in "Revival". As we can see in that episode, Hondo's base was destroyed because of the attack. I wouldn't say it's unlikely Grievous will kill those younglings, after all maybe Massacre was just the start of good things for Grievous.

I thought there was something about killing kids in media?

Anyways, if that does happen I'll be happy. At least temporarily.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I'd say it is unlikely. First, as Sir_Basi_Ashton pointed out, this arc (due to a comment of Dave Filoni) aims at families. I do not believe that this arc will end with Grievous slaughtering younglings. Second, it would deprive a major scene in RotS, Anakin Skywalker killing younglings, of its uniqueness. That doesn't mean that they will all survive, though.

Edited by Brickadeer

I'd say it is unlikely. First, as Sir_Basi_Ashton pointed out, this arc (due to a comment of Dave Filoni) aims at families. I do not believe that this arc will end with Grievous slaughtering younglings. Second, it would deprive a major scene in RotS, Anakin Skywalker killing younglings, of its uniqueness. That doesn't mean that they will all survive, though.

At least we know Grievous succeeds, as the base is destroyed in Revival.

Dave Filoni on Disney and the future of Star Wars:

http://starwarsblog....ill-be-forever/

In the last sentence, he gives a hint about Ahsoka's fate:

"For those of you who are fans of The Clone Wars, do not worry. We have many stories left to tell, and every one of them came directly from George himself. Right down to the last one, where that thing with Ahsoka happens…" We still don't know what "that thing" is, but at least, we know when it will happen.

Edited by Brickadeer

I just saw this chapter of The Clone Wars (Tipping Points) and realized how similar it was to the Soviet war in Afghanistan where Mi-24 "Hind" choppers where deployed against Mujahideen resistance, and in response, the US sent its "advisors" to train and provide equipment since they didnt want to interfere directly into the conflict.

The relation between both go like this:

- droid gunships = hind choppers

- shield piercing rocket launchers = US "stinger" misiles

- jedy advisors = CIA agents

- enemy withdrawal = enemy withdrawal

I just wanted to point out this funny, interesting, and a little disturbing fact, and hope to know if there are any other interesting facts that could have escaped to our eye in the saga.

I think I posted that already, but maybe my post got lost during the change of servers: I think that you're basically right. Due to Filoni, the irony of the arc is that Anakin has helped to create or fuel the nucleas of the rebellion that he had to fight after the rise of the empire as Darth Vader.

Indeed, Just what is actually happening, didn't the afghan "rebels" fought back the US years later?

And sorry if there is a topic about that already.

Edited by Nom Carver

Just what is actually happening, didn't the afghan "rebels" fought back the US years later?

And sorry if there is a topic about that already.

Well, if I remember correctly, Osama bin Laden had ties to the mujahideen resistance during the war.

I just saw this chapter of The Clone Wars (Tipping Points) and realized how similar it was to the Soviet war in Afghanistan where Mi-24 "Hind" choppers where deployed against Mujahideen resistance, and in response, the US sent its "advisors" to train and provide equipment since they didnt want to interfere directly into the conflict.

The relation between both go like this:

- droid gunships = hind choppers

- shield piercing rocket launchers = US "stinger" misiles

- jedy advisors = CIA agents

- enemy withdrawal = enemy withdrawal

I just wanted to point out this funny, interesting, and a little disturbing fact, and hope to know if there are any other interesting facts that could have escaped to our eye in the saga.

I've merged your thread with the existing Season 5 discussion topic. It's fine to discuss as long as it doesn't get off track and start a political debate.

The Rebel Bloggers' review of The Gathering is up.

Episode 7 Preview - A Test For Strength:

Seriously? A droid is teaching them how to assemble a lightsaber? :wall: Not to mention that he seems like a ripoff of Olivander from Harry Potter. This story is getting worse and worse. I don't think even Hondo can save it.

At least we know Grievous succeeds, as the base is destroyed in Revival.

I wouldn't call that a success. Who cares if the base is destroyed? We already know that Grievous can break stuff. In fact, he's really good at it. What we do want to see is him killing some Jedi, something he is supposed to be known for but is never shown doing. And I agree that in such a kid-oriented story it's unlikely that they'll kill off one of the main characters.

We still don't know what "that thing" is, but at least, we know when it will happen.

Not really. "The end" could be anything since we don't know when the series will end. It could be the end of season 6, but I doubt it.

Not really. "The end" could be anything since we don't know when the series will end. It could be the end of season 6, but I doubt it.

My understanding of Filoni's phrase is that Ahsoka's fate or story is the last story to be told. But I see that his phrase is not so conclusive and open for interpretation.

Just watched the latest episode and I've gotta say, Hondo does make anything better to watch doesn't he? :laugh: He may even replace Grievous as my favorite character. Speaking of Grievous, I lol'd when that kid said he's going to kill Grievous. (He's probably going to beat him later tough :hmpf_bad: )

Just watched the latest episode and I've gotta say, Hondo does make anything better to watch doesn't he? :laugh: He may even replace Grievous as my favorite character. Speaking of Grievous, I lol'd when that kid said he's going to kill Grievous. (He's probably going to beat him later tough :hmpf_bad: )

I enjoyed the episode a lot; maby it's one of my favorite episodes from the whole series so far.