Sign in to follow this  
KimT

10225 UCS R2D2 Press Release

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

10225 R2-D2™

Ages 16+. 2,127 pieces.

US $179.99 CA $229.99 UK 149.99 £ DE 179.99 € DK 1499 DKK

Presenting the Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™ – the best-loved droid in the Star Wars galaxy!

Presenting the iconic R2-D2 as you’ve never seen him before! Everyone’s favorite droid from the Star Wars galaxy is now part of the Ultimate Collector Series and features fantastic detailing, such as retractable third leg, front panels that open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and a circular saw, rotating head and 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms. With the included fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure, this diminutive model is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars™ collection!

• Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™!

• Features retractable third leg!

• Front panels open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and circular saw!

• Features realistic rotating head!

• R2-D2 features 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms!

• Includes fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure!

• Measures over 12” (31 cm) high and 7” (18 cm) wide!

Video Presentation

Flickr Set

Feel free to discuss the new UCS R2D2 in this topic.

I'm soo getting one :wub:

I must say that while Im not crazy about it, the price per part is excellent. When this goes on sale it will be very difficult to not get one.

This could well be the first UCS I purchase. I like the third leg feature and the little buzz saw! It's hard to find display space for new models in my room, but I guess I have to make room on my working desk for my favourite R2 unit. :laugh:

I'm soo getting one :wub:

Absolutely. And I'm pondering whether or not to make other astromech models based on this UCS.

Once again, the hole in my wallet widens :D

Overall, this model looks great. :wub: At $180, though, I think I'll be passing. Very tempted, but passing. MegaBlokin' new Train interests. :laugh:

Price per part is great, though a lot of those parts are white, so that might be the reason. (and it also decreases the usefulness of the parts for someone like myself who will inevitably eventually part the set out if I get it)

This is a UCS, so I'd buy it no matter what :tongue:

However, I also think think that this looks like a very solid model. It is well thought out and have many interesting features - and seems to be without glaring compromises.

I'm getting this on day one - I'll of course try to mod it as always :wink:

Edited by mortesv

It's a great release! Perhaps, short of a UCS Darth Vader bust, you could not have a sculpture which screams more Star Wars while dragging the little kid out of you as effectively as an Artoo like this one. I say 'bravo' to the guys at Lego. Please enjoy the three legged standing ovation... :thumbup:

I don't think I will be able to resist. I think he could use a strategically placed Led's just to make him pop you know lol

This really is a set for all ages, and I can't wait to get one!

Hopefully during the May 4th time :classic:

This is a UCS, so I'd buy it no matter what :tongue:

I'm getting this on day one - I'll of course try to mod it as always :wink:

Don't forget to show us :sweet:. It'll be nice if you can get a smoother head solution.

I really like the design of this and the price is not bad at all. However, my only concern is that it is mainly made of white bricks and they have a tendency to yellow as time goes by. The set will also need to be housed in a glass display in order to protect from dust, etc which would show quite a lot on white. I'm not 100% decided on this one so will have to wait and see.

This set looks fantastic, I can't wait to get it. I wonder if it is scaled to the UCS Yoda, if so they would look great together.

I love it. I wish they added a little more like a light saber that pops out of the head. I think I will be adding rockets in the legs. Even if they wont fit inside.

Anyone have an idea of when this is to be released? I hope it is out for May 4th.

This set looks great, and the price-per-piece ratio makes it even sweeter. I still probably won't buy it until it's discounted, but it'll definitely find its way into my collection.

I'm totally going to get this, if only for that incredibly awesome minifig! :wub_drool:

In all seriousness, this is a very neat model. I did not expect them to put so many play features in it at all! The price does seem a bit high compared to other UCS sets, but I guess it's still fair. I'll probably still wait for a sale though.

enough of the 'The price seems high' it ain't it's dirt cheap, 10212 had roughly the same no. of parts and that was £250 this is £100 cheaper! it's a bargain at full rrp!

Absolutely. And I'm pondering whether or not to make other astromech models based on this UCS.

Once again, the hole in my wallet widens :D

Psh, I already sold my wallet just to get more Legos.

Actually, now that I think about it, a small army of R2s based on this would be nice. :D

Edited by Zibdas

I've just found it on the Lego website: link here

Release date is the 1st May..we might just get a chrome R2 as a promo! (certainly a better idea than a chrome ewok!! :wink: )

I had the pleasure to build it today. I have to say it is a pretty awesome Set... even though it is really unstable. But it looks nice! :classic:

r2d2_ucs.jpg

I had the pleasure to build it today. I have to say it is a pretty awesome Set... even though it is really unstable. But it looks nice! :classic:

Still can't wait to get it. Is it unstable even with the third leg out?

Still can't wait to get it. Is it unstable even with the third leg out?

No, but it seems a bit fragile, if you want to move it.

I'm not a fan of the whole blocky look to be honest. I am sure that could have been done better

That really puts me off this set. I would however LOVE to have R2D2 in my lounge, but Ill pass on this version.