Sign in to follow this  
mlucas86

EAST INDIAMAN Prince of Wales

Beautiful ship! I agree though, that the coins are too cheap a solution to such a magnificent build.

I especially like how you did the sails, very professional with the sewn edges.

The ship contains quite a few fantasy elements but it's great nevertheless.

I also love the frontal view and the golden figurehead.

I hope you'll keep on building ships :pir-classic:

By the way, you also made it to the Eurobricks frontpage!

Ty I bring this project to the end thanks to you and capitan grennhair and yours wonderfull ship.

There were a great inspiration for me!

:pir-oh:

Wow! That is beautiful! Loving the amount of detailed ships people have been building for the past couple of weeks.

That my good sir is a master piece!!! I love it, kudos!

Very well done! Excellent detail, and she (he?) has a color scheme not often seen in MOCs. I also like how clean it is, the decks and hull do not appear to be overly busy or cluttered. Excellent job, sir, excellent indeed!

Gluing parts to a ship! Shame on you! :pir-laugh:

Beautiful ship! The color scheme really stands out excelently with that white hull. Nice work on the details and sails. I'm not going to moan about the glued coins as I myself am guilty of gluing whips on the stern of my first ship. However I can say that there is always another solution and gluing parts shoulding really be done. If you are planning on keeping this ship intact as a display model than I suppose the glued coins won't be a problem.

Really excellent work :thumbup:

Fantastic! I love how colourful it is, I like to see colour in ships! Congratulations on being front paged, that's the second ship this month! :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

Fantastic! I love how colourful it is, I like to see colour in ships! Congratulations on being front paged, that's the second ship this month! :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

Wow, no words in my mounth! What a color composition! Details... what a piece of art! :thumbup:

Wow, no words in my mounth! What a color composition! Details... what a piece of art! :thumbup:

Please don't quote all those pictures next time.

I've deleted them now. Rather click the "Add Reply" button (on the bottom of the page) next time instead of "reply".

Thanks in forward :pir-classic:

I build a plexiglass showcase to trasport the ship at the rome brick event for the next weekend

i really don t know how block the ship base on the wood (i m searching a removable solution)

I dont want to glue it or similar...

img_6255.jpg

super awesome ship, i love the color sceme and the studless design

I agree, I really like the studless look.

I build a plexiglass showcase to trasport the ship at the rome brick event for the next weekend

i really don t know how block the ship base on the wood (i m searching a removable solution)

(...)

Impressive showcase, it gives it a bigger impression, and it looks very professional.

on the connecting story, you could try to put some technic bricks (brick with hole) in the underside of the water and make a nail or screw or woodplug erect from the wooden base which lines up with the tecnhic brick, this should prevent the ship from sliding around in the showcase. Don't suggest you keep it upside down though, but it should be enough when you move the whole around or even hold it under an angle.

Bart

Impressive showcase, it gives it a bigger impression, and it looks very professional.

on the connecting story, you could try to put some technic bricks (brick with hole) in the underside of the water and make a nail or screw or woodplug erect from the wooden base which lines up with the tecnhic brick, this should prevent the ship from sliding around in the showcase. Don't suggest you keep it upside down though, but it should be enough when you move the whole around or even hold it under an angle.

Bart

good idea! the same way i used to attach ship to the brick base!

i ll try it!..however it will be better if i drive very carefull !

Can I ask how you cut the plexiglass? I am wanting to do something similar to keep the dust off. :pir_laugh2:

I am amazed to see such a mighty fine vessel built on the small prefabs. I don't think I every saw a better MOC build on these! :pir-oh:

Many have said it already, but I have to note that your sails stand out; i.e. they are simply outstanding! Rigging is good too. I also love your choice of colors; just as much as I enjoy my way of making headrails becoming more popular :pir-wink:

The showcase is great, I've build one too for my frigates, however I found it very heavy and prone to scratches. What are your experiences?

Great build! I'm looking forward to seeing your next MOC.

I am amazed to see such a mighty fine vessel built on the small prefabs. I don't think I every saw a better MOC build on these! :pir-oh:

Many have said it already, but I have to note that your sails stand out; i.e. they are simply outstanding! Rigging is good too. I also love your choice of colors; just as much as I enjoy my way of making headrails becoming more popular :pir-wink:

The showcase is great, I've build one too for my frigates, however I found it very heavy and prone to scratches. What are your experiences?

Great build! I'm looking forward to seeing your next MOC.

i m glad to read this word from a great builder like you

i sew all your moc and they give me a lot of ispiration to make something of good.

plexiglass is

the showcase material (not glass) and it s not so heavy if you have to trasport the ship.

i ask to different shops that make showcase for architect and they say me this type of plexiglass is really resistent

Can I ask how you cut the plexiglass? I am wanting to do something similar to keep the dust off. :pir_laugh2:

it s better if you go in specific shop that build showcase for architect or similar.

the can cut and glue the plexiglass and it s very professional

it s better if you go in specific shop that build showcase for architect or similar.

the can cut and glue the plexiglass and it s very professional

Thanks! I will have to look if there is one near where I live...

Edited by SuperSirLink