Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

"If we are to wait on our adversaries to show up, I say we battle from the high ground upon the large rock."

The party does have the posts from an old fence that they made be able to utilize...

Olinn decides to use the posts to tie the tripwire to.

Olinn ties the rope around two posts, leaving about 3 feet (bricks) of rope in between.

The posts are 1x1 bricks big and 10 plates high.

QM Note: I'll get a picture of what the area looks like to give you more will to try to do this.

Edited by Bricksandparts

For 'the matrix'?

His jocular term for not being able to visualize what he was told by god that he sees.

(OoC: Sorry, I was just referring to "QM Note: I'll get a picture of what the area looks like to give you more will to try to do this." No pressure. :blush: )

Sylph wanders over to the fence and tests the strength of the boards, wondering how sturdy are these boards. "If these boards are breakable enough, we can make a pit-fall trap and cover it with gravel/hay/whatever is covering the path.

Sylph wanders over to the fence and tests the strength of the boards, wondering how sturdy are these boards. "If these boards are breakable enough, we can make a pit-fall trap and cover it with gravel/hay/whatever is covering the path.

Sylph tests out the strength of the boards. After leaning on the boards with more and more force, the board breaks and sylph falls down. The boards are relatively sturdy, but breakable. You remember that digging holes was something of a problem and that you were able to only dig about 3 plates deep.

"I'd like to use my shovel to dig a hole. And if that doesn't work, I'd like to ask Hoke to use his diplomacy on the hole. Because all holes listen to reason, right?" :look:

"I'd like to use my shovel to dig a hole. And if that doesn't work, I'd like to ask Hoke to use his diplomacy on the hole. Because all holes listen to reason, right?" :look:

Tomas digs, and digs, and digs, and digs... He is able to dig 5 plates deep when his shovel hits rock. After a silly face, Hoke walks over to the hole and uses diplomacy. It doesn't work... :laugh:

Tomas digs, and digs, and digs, and digs... He is able to dig 5 plates deep when his shovel hits rock. After a silly face, Hoke walks over to the hole and uses diplomacy. It doesn't work... :laugh:

"Well, I kind of doubt that 5 plates (or is it 8 now? :look:) is a drop big enough to kill one of the 'pests'." :sceptic: "Is it possible there's a giant-shovel-thingy or something we missed because we didn't explore much? That happens when you don't explore things." :look:

Silly folks, they think that talking to rocks in the ground will help... default_hmpf.gif

Guys, those werewolves will be here VERY soon, we need to hurry, I think the only thing left, is to surprise the ambushers, and make SURE there is no place for them to hide.

Silly folks, they think that talking to rocks in the ground will help... default_hmpf.gif

Guys, those werewolves will be here VERY soon, we need to hurry, I think the only thing left, is to surprise the ambushers, and make SURE there is no place for them to hide.

Speaking of time, the party hears some yipping, barking, and howling of animals not a far ways away. The hole is only 5 plates deep.

"I think you'd better hurry, them wolves sound real close."

Tomas looks around for a 'giant-shovel-thingy or something' and doesn't find anything of any importance. If the party wants to build any contraption, they will need to do it now.

Speaking of time, the party hears some yipping, barking, and howling of animals not a far ways away. The hole is only 5 plates deep.

"I think you'd better hurry, them wolves sound real close."

Tomas looks around for a 'giant-shovel-thingy or something' and doesn't find anything of any importance. If the party wants to build any contraption, they will need to do it now.

I use my pickax on the rock. I use it heavily with all my strength and as quickly and quietly as possible. I ask one of my team-mates to form sharp stakes/caltrops which I place point up in the hole. Then I cover it with boards which I cover with dirt and what not. I clear the excess dirt and rock to avoid suspicion. I stockpile some of the larger rocks in case we need them for improvised weapons.

Hoke stands watching, hands on hips, shaking his head.

"We can just fight the things."

Nah, that is too easy. default_laugh_new.gif

Actually, I personally would like to just fight them head to head with my new handcannon.... default_devg1.gif

I use my pickax on the rock. I use it heavily with all my strength and as quickly and quietly as possible. I ask one of my team-mates to form sharp stakes/caltrops which I place point up in the hole. Then I cover it with boards which I cover with dirt and what not. I clear the excess dirt and rock to avoid suspicion. I stockpile some of the larger rocks in case we need them for improvised weapons.

After trying their best to work quickly and quietly, Sylph's pick-axe make a loud sound and a crash of rock. The rock has a chunk break off, and Sylph hears some of the wolves coming near. He takes some of the boards and places them over the trap after the party makes some stakes. The ground does look a little fishy, being about 1 plate off the ground, but it is getting dark and perhaps their enemies notice, hopefully the party would... Would the party like to make some sort of rigging to set off the trap? Perhaps a bomb?

Hoke tosses in a fire bomb.

"Here. I've heard these beasts fear fire."

I will remove from inventory if it successfully goes off.

As Hoke tosses in the fire bomb, the yips and howls get louder until two direwolve pups enter the scene. Tomas remebers his scuffle in his first quest with direwolves, but this time there were only two, protecting him from any effects caused by the direwolves!

Prepare for battle!

Direwolvebattlept1.png

Enemies:

Elite Direwolve pup A

Type: Beast

Level: 8 / 6 to Tomas

Health: 73/73

Special I: Howl – Summons another Direwolf to join the battle. If there are three Direwolves in battle, Blood Fang is used instead.

Special II: Blood Fang – Transfers 6 health from the target to self. Used instead of Howl if there are three Direwolves in battle.

Drops: Venom, Bone, Fang dagger (WP: 6, suitable for mages and rogues)

Elite Direwolve pup B

Type: Beast

Level: 8 / 6 to Tomas

Health: 73/73

Special I: Howl – Summons another Direwolf to join the battle. If there are three Direwolves in battle, Blood Fang is used instead.

Special II: Blood Fang – Transfers 6 health from the target to self. Used instead of Howl if there are three Direwolves in battle.

Drops: Venom, Bone, Fang dagger (WP: 6, suitable for mages and rogues)

The party:

olinn.pngOlinn Whisperwind (Played by Mibbiwocket) *Party Leader*

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 24 (1+3) (No extra power)

Health: 6/6 (1+5+0)

Shield Power: -

Ether: -

Gold: 30

Inventory: Elven Shortbow (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 14 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 10 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 12.5 Cleric

Power: 19 (12+7) (No extra power)

Health: 20/20 (12+8)

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Gold: 110

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 3 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 15 Sage

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Shield Power: 3

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Gold: 176

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP: 9), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP: 5),3 Remedies, 2 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP: 5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 16 Mystic Knight

Power: 26 (16+10) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 17/17 (16+0)

Gold: 259

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 10), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2x Phoenix Essence, 5x Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. You may also try to use previous traps against the enemies.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Hoke smiles as the giant canines lope their way.

"Ranged fighters, I suggest you hop up on the rock formation as we rougher types stand in front."

Hoke slides Vintul from its sheath and stands in front of the rock formation.

"Here puppy puppy," Hoke whistles.

Hoke attacks A from the front row.

For all MISS rolls, I would like to enchant Vintul. For all SHIELD rolls, please use whatever element does the most damage, if possible. Thanks! (Hope I get a lot of MISS rolls!) :laugh:

All damage taken on the large rock will be halved, but the direwolves may attack at close range, making ranged attacks melee attacks.

The party does have a wagon...

"Only two direwolves? Hah! Back in my day, direwolves came in packs of three (at least, I think they did :look:)!"

"I will cast lightning at Direwolf Pup B from the back row!"