Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

"I wish there was a way to draw all of the free hits to me. I don't believe I have suffered much so far. I can lure the werewolves and throw a bomb from the back row or I can attack from the front row and try for a Spellspin."

Hoke looks at Durkon's unconcious form

"So much from these greenies. They are dropping like flies. Guess the Hall couldn't spare a seasoned adventurer"

Suddenly, Durkon's foot catches Hoke in the groin, as if a trained reflex.

OOC: :tongue:

QM Note: I'll give you guys an extra day to decide what to do, after 4 tomorrow, I'll choose your targets and such if you haven't decided.

OOC: Thanks, B&P. To be honest, I have no idea how we're going to get out of this. :sceptic: Better start working up some strategies...

I agree, this is a very sticky situation. Even if we survived (by some miracle) this round, we won't last much longer. Running away also isn't a option.

I saw we bomb them, or lead them to our traps.

"Bombs away then?"

"That would probably be best, I guess." :sceptic: "Okay, everyone who has a bomb (lightning, water, etc.) should throw it. I'll try for a Magical Vortex, and I'll lead the wolves to the traps."

I will repeat my attack from last round. I will also try to lure the pack to the traps.

If you are trying to lure the pack to the traps, you must fight off of the rock, in other words, if you are trying to lure the pack to the trap please state what row you will be fighting in. If you are throwing a bomb, this does not apply to you. Never mind.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Results of Round 4 of the Wolf-pack Battle:

-R-Hoke - Lightning bomb (5 lightning elemental damage - 5 damage to all enemies)

-B-Erdathcath - Ice Bomb (5 ice elemental damage - 10 damage to all enemies)

-B-Sylph - Ice Bomb (5 ice elemental damage - 10 damage to all enemies) + Fire bomb trap - Damage to all enemies (10 fire elemental damage - 20+10=30 30x2=60 damage to all enemies) + distracted for next turn + caught on fire

-B-Tomas vs. -B-Direwolf Leader - Miss(distracted) Shield - Magical Vortex (Lightning) (15+9=24 24 lightning elemental damage to all opponents and +24 Health to all allies)

Hoke hops onto the rock and flings his lightning bomb at the pack (5 damage to all enemies), dragging them over to the rock. Erdathcath throws an ice bomb (10 damage to all enemies), as Sylph yells at the wolves from behind. The wolves turn and strangely look at sylph, then charge. Sylph turns tails and jumps, just as her ice and the fire bomb explode 60 damage to all enemies+Distracted for next turn+caught on fire) Through the dust, the party realizes that there are only three enemies left! Tomas sees his chance and uses a Magical Vortex and pulls life from the remaining 3 enemies (24 lightning elemental damage to all opponents and +24 Health to all allies) With the enemies distracted, no free hits are scored on the party!

Enemies:

Direwolve Leader *Front row from giant rock* *Caught on fire*

Type: Beast

Level: 12 / 9 to Tomas

Health: 70/200

Special I: Blood Fang – Transfers 10 health from the target to self and 5 health from all heroes in same row.

Special II: Rampage – Attacks the cart or giant rock (whichever has more heroes on it, if equal, decided on dice roll) and causes 15 damage to the cart/giant rock and 5 damage to all heroes on it, regardless of row or Shield power.

Drops: Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Saber teeth

Elite Direwolve A*Caught on fire - 1*

Level: 10 / 8 to Tomas

Health: 26/125

Special I: Blood Fang – Transfers 8 health from the target to self.

Special II: Rampage – Attacks the cart or giant rock (whichever has more heroes on it, if equal, decided on dice roll) and causes 10 damage to the cart/giant rock and 5 damage to all heroes on it, regardless of row or Shield power.

Drops: Skeleton Decoy, 2 Saber teeth

Elite Direwolve B*Caught on fire - 1*

Level: 10 / 8 to Tomas

Health: 26/125

Special I: Blood Fang – Transfers 8 health from the target to self.

Special II: Rampage – Attacks the cart or giant rock (whichever has more heroes on it, if equal, decided on dice roll) and causes 10 damage to the cart/giant rock and 5 damage to all heroes on it, regardless of row or Shield power.

Drops: Skeleton Decoy, 2 Saber teeth

The party:

img_1138.jpg_thumb.jpgDurkon (Played by RPGer)

Level 1 Mage *Knocked Out*

Power: 7 (1+6) (No extra power)

Health: 0/5 (1+4)

Shield Power: -

Ether: 5/5 (1+4)

Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 14.5 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 13 Cleric

Power: 20 (13+7) (No extra power)

Health: 21/21 (13+8)

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Gold: 110

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 7 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 15.5 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Gold: 176

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 16.5 Mystic Knight

Power: 27 (16+11) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 6/16 (16+0)

Gold: 259

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 11), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Bone, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Cart

Health: 45/45

Shield Power: 2 to heroes on it

Ability: Makes all damage heroes receive on cart halved except the exception of specials that specify regardless of row and/or Shield power.

Giant rock

Health: 75/75

Ability: Makes all damage heroes receive on cart halved except the exception of specials that specify regardless of row and/or Shield power.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and where you want to fight from, If not in cart or on rock, choose the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. You may also try to use previous traps against the enemies.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Bricksandparts

We did it! I really have no idea how, but we managed to destroy almost all of the wolves and get healed back to normal! default_satisfied.gif

I shall use a Phoenix Essence on Durkon to revive him.

We did it! I really have no idea how, but we managed to destroy almost all of the wolves and get healed back to normal! default_satisfied.gif

I shall use a Phoenix Essence on Durkon to revive him.

OCC: Don't do that! Do it!

QM Note: Where did the phoenix essence come from? If you don't have it, he won't gain any XP.

Results of Round 5 of the Wolf-pack Battle:

-F-Hoke vs. Elite Direwolve B - Shield - Spellspin (Amethyst) - (11+16=27 6 attacks, 2x27=54 damage to each opponent)

-B-Erdathcath vs. Durkon - phoenix essence (+all health + revived)

-B-Sylph vs. Direwolf Leader - Hit (13+7=20 20 damage)

-B-Durkon vs. Direwolf Leader -

-B-Tomas vs. Direwolf Leader -

Enemies:

Hoke rushes forward and delivers 2 crucial blows to the 3 remaining enemies, killing all but the leader. Erdathcath revives Durkon with a phoenix essence when all at once sylph is tired of the battle and smashes his/her rod into the Direwolve's skull, instantly killing it. The battle is won! Durkon gains a level of experience and the rest of the part gains half of a level.

The party:

Level 2 Mage

Health: 0/5 (1+4)

Inventory: Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Level 15 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Level 13.5 Cleric

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 7 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Level 16 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Level 17 Mystic Knight

Power: 27 (16+11) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Ether: 6/16 (16+0)

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 11), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Bone, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Party leader, please distribute the loot:

heroica-bone.jpgX7 Bone - Used to distract an enemy for one turn.

heroica-venom.jpgX2 Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

heroica-deadlyvenom.jpg1X Deadly Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause the badly poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A badly poisoned enemy loses 10 health each turn.

heroica-skeletondecoy.jpgX3 Skeleton Decoy – Can be used to absorb enemy Free Hits for up to 20 points of damage before it breaks.

Saberteeth.jpgX6 Saber Teeth – can be sold at a magic shop for 50 gold.

SamNPCpicture.png

"Oh goodie! I was afraid my cart may have seen it's last day at the battle. I believe that this should minimize my trouble with those wolves."

What will the party do now?

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Hoorah! I'm glad we were able to get out of that one!" :sweet:

"I will give one bone to myself, Erdathcath, and Sylph, and two bones to Hoke and Durkon. I will give a venom each to Sylph (by the way, what advanced class are you planning on becoming? This venom could either be very useful or totally useless depending on if you'll still be using close-ranged weapons) and Durkon. I will give the deadly venom to Erdathcath. I will give a skeleton decoy each to Hoke, Durkon, and Erdathcath. Finally, I will give a saber tooth to everyone except for Durkon, to whom I will give two saber teeth."

Tomas clears his throat and brushes himself off before going back to the merchant. "Well, hopefully that fixes your problem. Now, I take it you'll hold up on your end of the deal?"

OOC: You didn't give anyone levels, health, power, or ether. :wink:

OOC: Ok, I thought for sure I had bought a Phoenix Essence before heading out on the quest. Though, I guess not. Though since he is revived after the battle, I guess it doesn't matter. default_blush.gif

QM Note: Stats fixed, Also, there are 6 Saber teeth, 4 of which you need for the quest. I gave the two to Tomas and Durkon.

The party:

Level 1 Mage

Health: 1/5 (1+4)

Inventory: 3x Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Venom, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth

Level 15 Ranger

Power: 25 (15+10) (No extra power)

Health: 23/23 (15+7+1)

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth

Level 13.5 Cleric

Ether: 17/17 (13+4)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, 2 Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth

Level 16 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 25 (16+9) (No extra power)

Health: 31/31 (16+15)

Ether: 23/23 (16+7)

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, 2 Bones, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips), 2 Saber teeth

Level 17 Mystic Knight

Power: 28 (17+11) (No extra power)

Health: 34/34 (17+17+1)

Ether: 7/17 (17+0)

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 11), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 3 Bones, skeleton decoy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth

SamNPCpicture.png

"Of course I'll hold up my end of the deal. Are we ready to load up and get back to my shop?"