Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

OOC: Is it really okay with Sandy to divide Olinn's items like this? :look: I can understand dividing the stuff from this quest, but even things like his bedroll?

QM Note: Hmm... I didn't think of that. I don't know. I'll go see about it with Sandy.

Durkon walks up. "

"I'd like to be a party-leader, too, you know....... So where are we going an-oh, thank you for the dagger and potion.

Edited by RPGer

Hoke turned his head to regard the newcomer as he sliced Vintul through an attack sequence.

"Get up on the rock and prepare yourself for what's to come. I hear direwolves are especially attracted to fresh meat," he said with a wink.

Hoke turned his head to regard the newcomer as he sliced Vintul through an attack sequence.

"Get up on the rock and prepare yourself for what's to come. I hear direwolves are especially attracted to fresh meat," he said with a wink.

"And the gems? I could also use them," as he climbs onto the rock.

Edited by RPGer

"You'll be hard pressed to get a hand out from me. You've already received a well made dagger and a potion without contributing anything. You seem to be capable to earn your way, and I suggest you do just that."

"You'll be hard pressed to get a hand out from me. You've already received a well made dagger and a potion without contributing anything. You seem to be capable to earn your way, and I suggest you do just that."

"Alright, I thought they might be useful for me, too. "

Thanks for the stuff mate, so I guess you're the leader then? I admire your ambition," Sylph said, mentally noting Tom's rise in rank.

"I'd like to be a party-leader, too, you know....... So where are we going an-oh, thank you for the dagger and potion.

"I'm sorry Durkon, but I think it would be best for everyone is someone a little more experienced led."

"And the gems? I could also use them," as he climbs onto the rock.

"Like Hoke said, you have a perfectly good Fang Dagger. Gems will come in time." :wink:

Hoke chopped downward at the end of the attack sequence he was practicing. He stood in his low stance for a moment, then popped up and flipped open his vizor.

"I guess those ragged mutts were scared away by our new mage," Hoke said with a laugh.

So I guess the party waits for the Direwolves to arrive... So yeah, the Direwolves arrive.

Direwolvebattlept2.png

Mechanics: The rest of the enemies will arrive after the third round, regardless, the party will have to fight all of the enemies.

Enemies:

Werewolve (Dark brown) *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Type: Beast, Humanoid

Level: 6

Health: 65/65

Special I: Howl – Summons another werewolve to join the battle. If there are five werewolves in battle, moonlight madness is used instead.

Special II: Moonlight Madness - The werewolve goes into a flurry of motion and attacks all opponents, regardless of row (SP is effective) and deals 3 damage to all heroes.

Drops: Bone

Werewolve (Brown) *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Special I: Howl – Summons another werewolve to join the battle. If there are five werewolves in battle, moonlight madness is used instead.

Special II: Moonlight Madness - The werewolve goes into a flurry of motion and attacks all opponents, regardless of row (SP is effective) and deals 3 damage to all heroes.

Werewolve (Dark grey) *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Werewolve (Biege) *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Werewolve (Black) *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Direwolve Leader *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Type: Beast

Level: 12 / 9 to Tomas

Health: 200/200

Special I: Blood Fang – Transfers 10 health from the target to self and 5 health from all heroes in same row.

Special II: Rampage – Attacks the cart or giant rock (whichever has more heroes on it, if equal, decided on dice roll) and causes 15 damage to the cart/giant rock and 5 damage to all heroes on it, regardless of row or Shield power.

Drops: Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Saber teeth

The party:

img_1138.jpg_thumb.jpgDurkon (Played by RPGer)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 7 (1+6) (No extra power)

Health: 5/5 (1+4)

Shield Power: -

Ether: 5/5 (1+4)

Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 14.5 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 13 Cleric

Power: 20 (13+7) (No extra power)

Health: 21/21 (13+8)

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Gold: 110

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 3 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 7 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 15.5 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Gold: 176

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 16.5 Mystic Knight

Power: 26 (16+10) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 16/16 (16+0)

Gold: 259

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 10), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Bone, Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Cart

Health: 45/45

Shield Power: 2 to heroes on it

Ability: Makes all damage heroes receive on cart halved except the exception of specials that specify regardless of row and/or Shield power.

Giant rock

Health: 75/75

Ability: Makes all damage heroes receive on cart halved except the exception of specials that specify regardless of row and/or Shield power.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and where you want to fight from, If not in cart or on rock, choose the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. You may also try to use previous traps against the enemies.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Ok guys, this is just going to be CRAZY.

I will hop onto the Cart from some extra safety, who wants to join me?

Also, should we take out the big first? Or all the small guys?

OOC: Shouldn't my weapon have +5 because I added venom to it, or how does that work?

I slash at Direwolf Leader from the Cart.

Edited by RPGer

OOC: Shouldn't my weapon have +5 because I added venom to it, or how does that work?

QM Note: No, the Venom just makes the enemy lose 1 health for the rest of the battle.

Also, I forgot to mention that attacking an enemy from the cart for instance will draw the enemy there. So ranged attacks may want to go back and forth, pulling the enemy between the cart and rock and having close ranged players attack when the wolves are close.

I slash at Direwolf Leader from the Cart.

Wait, you use a close ranged attack?

QM Note: No, the Venom just makes the enemy lose 1 health for the rest of the battle.

Also, I forgot to mention that attacking an enemy from the cart for instance will draw the enemy there. So ranged attacks may want to go back and forth, pulling the enemy between the cart and rock and having close ranged players attack when the wolves are close.

Wait, you use a close ranged attack?

Can't I attack from the back row?

Hoke slams down his vizor and pulls the amethyst gem from his belt pouch.

Werewolf A with amethyst from front row.

2 things: #1 it would be easier to assign letters to the werewolves and #2 shouldn't my ether equal 16?

2 things: #1 it would be easier to assign letters to the werewolves and #2 shouldn't my ether equal 16?

I suppose both are right, I'll assign numbers to the werewolves if any more come into battle. I'll go fix the ether.

"I will cast lightning on the Direwolf Leader. I would like to do so from the Rock."

Battle Order:

Hoke

Erdathcath

Durkon

Sylph

Tomas

"Oh jeez. This is going to be a massacre. *huh* And I'm kinda confused by where we all are. Ah well. I'll melee attack Werewolf B from the rock I guess. Oh, remember, WE HAVE TO TARGET EVERY ENEMY OR ELSE THEY GET EXTRA ATTACKS! So far, we've got one person with a poisoned arrow who is not attacking, and two people who are attacking the same guy! there are 5 of us and 6 of them. If we all attacked different monsters, only one would have a free shot. As it is, 3 of them do! :facepalm:" A better strategy, which we should try next, is to all attack different foes, with Erdy targeting a new one each turn to get the poison spread."

(Ooc: are you familiar with DnD and other pen and paper rpgs and the methods used to show where characters are? Could you possibly make a grid showing our locations in reference to the monsters? I think it might help clarify things. :wink: )

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"Oh jeez. This is going to be a massacre. *huh* And I'm kinda confused by where we all are. Ah well. I'll melee attack Werewolf B from the rock I guess. Oh, remember, WE HAVE TO TARGET EVERY ENEMY OR ELSE THEY GET EXTRA ATTACKS! So far, we've got one person with a poisoned arrow who is not attacking, and two people who are attacking the same guy! there are 5 of us and 6 of them. If we all attacked different monsters, only one would have a free shot. As it is, 3 of them do! :facepalm:" A better strategy, which we should try next, is to all attack different foes, with Erdy targeting a new one each turn to get the poison spread."

(Ooc: are you familiar with DnD and other pen and paper rpgs and the methods used to show where characters are? Could you possibly make a grid showing our locations in reference to the monsters? I think it might help clarify things. :wink: )

QM Note: not sure about the locations grid in DnD, but I'll do my best to show what's going on. Ok, I'll get the battle up soon.

Edited by Bricksandparts

I'd rather it just be less complex. This is supposed to be a simple game. If you want to give us barriers with HP, then that's cool (the enemy has to destroy the barrier to damage party), but placement and movement rules just get in the way. I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but this game is best enjoyed for its simplicity.

I'd rather it just be less complex. This is supposed to be a simple game. If you want to give us barriers with HP, then that's cool (the enemy has to destroy the barrier to damage party), but placement and movement rules just get in the way. I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but this game is best enjoyed for its simplicity.

QM Note: Was this directed more at me or Dannylonglegs? Also I'm sorry for taking so long, I was a bit busy at work and was a little too tired to get the round up.

Results of Round 1 of the Wolf-pack Battle:

-F-Hoke vs. -B-Werewolf A - Enchantment (+1 WP)

-C-Erdathcath vs. -B-Werewolf C - Damage (6/2/2=1.5 1.5-2=-.5 0 damage taken)

-C-Durkon vs. -B-Direwolf Leader - Miss

-R-Sylph vs. -B-Werewolf B - Critical hit (7x2=14 14+13=27 27/2=13.5 13 damage dealt)

-R-Tomas vs. -B-Direwolf Leader - Meditate (22/22 ether +1 ether, +0 ether gain)

The battle begins as Hoke recklessly runs away from the party, drawing the wolves no one to him. Erdathcath, annoyed by Hoke, is attacked by her opponent, Werewolf C (0 damage) and pulling Werewolf C to close range of the cart. Durkon, still clumsy at fighting, tries shooting a firework at the leader, but fails as it explodes before it is even set. Sylph Lands the first hit on the enemies, dealing damage to Werewolf B (13 damage) and drawing Werewolf B to the Giant rock. Tomas yet again meditates, but learns nothing, oh he did learn something, that meditating when you have full ether doesn't do anything. And with that, the battle rages onward!

Enemies:

Werewolve A *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Werewolve B *front row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Health: 52/65

Werewolve C *back row from giant rock* *front row from cart*

Werewolve D *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Werewolve E *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Direwolve Leader *back row from giant rock* *back row from cart*

Type: Beast

Level: 12 / 9 to Tomas

Health: 200/200

Special I: Blood Fang – Transfers 10 health from the target to self and 5 health from all heroes in same row.

Special II: Rampage – Attacks the cart or giant rock (whichever has more heroes on it, if equal, decided on dice roll) and causes 15 damage to the cart/giant rock and 5 damage to all heroes on it, regardless of row or Shield power.

Drops: Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Saber teeth

The party:

img_1138.jpg_thumb.jpgDurkon (Played by RPGer)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 7 (1+6) (No extra power)

Health: 5/5 (1+4)

Ether: 5/5 (1+4)

Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 14.5 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 13 Cleric

Power: 20 (13+7) (No extra power)

Health: 21/21 (13+8)

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Gold: 110

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 3 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 7 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 15.5 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Gold: 176

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 16.5 Mystic Knight

Power: 27 (16+11) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 6/16 (16+0)

Gold: 259

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 11), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Bone, Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Cart

Health: 45/45

Shield Power: 2 to heroes on it

Giant rock

Health: 75/75

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and where you want to fight from, If not in cart or on rock, choose the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. You may also try to use previous traps against the enemies.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Bricksandparts