Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Found the polybag Batman jetski this week at TRU in Louisville. Bought two and opened one, it had the newer TDKR inspired cowl. I like it a lot more than the older cowl. The jetski is cool but the set isn't worth $4.99 to me.

Got my set today also at TRU. Considering mini-figs are $3.99 I consider the set to be somewhat of a bargain. Plus it was the least expensive way for me to get the "black" mini-fig since I already have the "blue" one from the Catwoman set.

Just as I approached the price scanner to ensure it was $4.99 there was a father and son scanning the Batjet set. Father says, "It's fifty dollars". Kid looks disappointed. So I said, "look this set is only five bucks". They were both happy campers as I showed them where to find them.

Edited by htbomb

I just had an idea.

Could they do a Killer Croc using Hulk's body, color his shorts orange, make his torso and face all scaly, and get rid of the hair? It would be a good representation of him.

Got my set today also at TRU. Considering mini-figs are $3.99 I consider the set to be somewhat of a bargain. Plus it was the least expensive way for me to get the "black" mini-fig since I already have the "blue" one from the Catwoman set.

I also like it as it's a better way to get capes that always seem to be perpetually overpriced on Bricklink. I had a few of the older Batman figs and they needed some new capes as theirs were tattered to shreds or missing, so I picked up a few of the polybags and kept the capes and sold the extra figs and pieces on eBay and basically got my money back.

Saw the movie yesterday and for once the IMDB.com score is justified :)

On the other hand- I fear that I'll have to go to another country if I want to buy any of the Marvel sets.

I'd be really surprised if they'll ever get released out here. :(

Wait 'till the second week of May, I think they should be appearing around that time...

Just as I approached the price scanner to ensure it was $4.99 there was a father and son scanning the Batjet set. Father says, "It's fifty dollars". Kid looks disappointed. So I said, "look this set is only five bucks". They were both happy campers as I showed them where to find them.

$50? Damn,I saw it at Kmart for $34.99 once.

Target, Kmart, and wm will all have it for $34.99. Tru's markup is just that insane!!

Sorry to ask something that's probably well known, but have any winter superhero sets been announced? Didn't see any on the index.

I bought the starter pack yesterday batman jetski and noticed the new batman cowl with a meaner face! I haven't been on for a while so don't know if it's old news

I called my local Walmart roday to ask if they had the Hulk set, and the lady said 'Only Batman and Superman.' Right when I was about to hang up, she said: 'And Spiderman.' *huh* I am not quite sure if she was mistaken or......

I called my local Walmart roday to ask if they had the Hulk set, and the lady said 'Only Batman and Superman.' Right when I was about to hang up, she said: 'And Spiderman.' *huh* I am not quite sure if she was mistaken or......

Either call again or go to that Walmart! Imagine the possibilities... :grin:

I really don't understand what TRU is doing with Batman prices. The Catwoman set was $19.99! I paid $12.99 at the LEGO store and it's $11.99 at Target.

I finaly got my Marvel sets yesterday, the Wolveine chopper set and the cosmic cube escape set! :sweet:

Both sets are very cool. They did have the batman polybag AND collectiable minifig seris 8 . Sadly I

didn't have enough cash for the small stuff. :hmpf_bad:

Found an odd pic of the Hulk polybag:

Hulk_polybag.jpg

-Sci

I think he looks better in this picture then the other ones we have. However, I like the big Hulk we got the best! Plus this small one desperately needs side printing on his legs. It looks kinda weird with out it? :wacko:

Sorry to interrupt the current discussion again but I have some news for the Dutch and Belgian AFOLs:

It's official: The Catwoman, Superman and Batwing set are confirmed for the 'Bart Smit' stores. They hit shelves in May:

http://folders.bartsmit.com/Bart_Smit_Lego_Brochure_2012/magazine.html#/spreadview/30/

Aha! Good news!

Sadly, I've heard that the main Belgian toy store chains have chosen not to carry the Marvel sets from LEGO, which pretty much means that the sets won't be available in Belgium.

I don't know about the Netherlands though.

:(

Anyhoo, gotta love that HULK minifig!

Edited by the fixer

Does anyone have any new info about the LEGO Avengers promo poster that will be given away at select theaters?

I know I'm here again for the Belgians and the Dutch but I've got some great news: ALL SETS are available on the OFFICIAL LEGO SITE

Time to dig in my wallet. *oh2*

Can't wait to have the sets, even if we had to wait 6 months in comparison with other countries. :laugh:

BE: http://shop.lego.com/en-BE/Super-Heroes-ByTheme

NL: http://shop.lego.com/en-NL/Super-Heroes-ByTheme?_requestid=1227524

Edited by Cammo

Well, at least the wait is definitely worth it :devil:

Stil have to wait some more though, my bank account's about empty :cry_sad:

Regards,

Mitch

The Ultrabuilds are now available in the US and Canada. :thumbup: With all the summer set pics popping up, I was hoping we'd finally get to see the Spidey set, but I guess not. :sadnew:

By the way, I think the new Batman cowl popping up might be a sign that the Batman in the Visual Dictionary might be a TDK version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYvCgCUq4A&feature=g-u-u

a tv ad. I think lego should have used that face for Loki at 0:03.

Just use Superman's head. It's pretty much the same face.

By the way, I think the new Batman cowl popping up might be a sign that the Batman in the Visual Dictionary might be a TDK version.

I think that's the first theory for that part I've heard that actually seems sensible!

Maybe. As much as I want "Tropical" Joker, I think this makes more sense, especially if there aren't really going to be any TDKR sets. I don't think I'd like the cape being stuffed into a small area though. :hmpf_bad: