Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

My local Argos only has 2 of Loki's cosmic cube escape left! May have to go out tomorrow, I've had no luck finding these sets thus far. :angry:

Comic, not set.

That does look official and indeed very TDK-ish! :thumbup: The fact that it sits so low proves that it cannot be a simple update for the current figs since it doesn't look good on them, and it would make sense for TDK Batman to have lower eye holes since his real eyes need to be showing. I am convinced that we will get a completely redesigned Bats if we get TDKR sets (which seems even more likely now). :sweet:

I can confirm this. I just opened my Batwing and Batmobile sets, which I purchased last week and I got one 'old' version and one new of the cowl. If they weren't side by side you wouldn't think they were different, but together you can definitely see the difference.

Clanure

The local Wal-mart in Kingman Arizona, has all of the avengers sets. I picked up the Chase and Captain America's cycle. I wish Thor came in a little set. -_-. I might pick up the helicopter sometime this week. Money and wife permitting.

Mine had them! :wub::excited:

*snip*

Like mine. My Target said they'd sell it to me tomorrow, closed Sunday, that was before I got mine at TRU.

That is funny because I just got back from toysrus with the same ones, the cosmic cube escape is a beauty ain't it. :cry_happy: I actually like it better than power armor lex.

And for those wanting to see a side by side visual comparison of iron-man's and batman's helmets.

Helmet Comparison

So in all actuality they are pretty much the same size, I also really like iron-mans because it has that neat little flip up function.

I can confirm this. I just opened my Batwing and Batmobile sets, which I purchased last week and I got one 'old' version and one new of the cowl. If they weren't side by side you wouldn't think they were different, but together you can definitely see the difference.

Clanure

I didn't get two cowls, but I'm not in the USA. Has anyone outside of the USA found two cowls for Bat's ? :look:

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet. My apologies if you have, I just browsed the last few pictures and didn't see it, so I decided to post it. IMO the new Doc Ock is terrible, a huge step down from the original.

6905800636_b2e2bfe1b8.jpg

IMO the new Doc Ock is terrible, a huge step down from the original.

Tell that to the artists for the cartoon.

Cuz that is all the fig is: Based on the cartoon version.

-Omi

Tell that to the artists for the cartoon.

Cuz that is all the fig is: Based on the cartoon version.

-Omi

I'm not a huge fan of black/light bley together. All I'm saying is that I would rather see a remake of the original Lego Doc Ock again rather than this new one, I'm not trying to put down the artists that designed Doc Ock to look this way.

I'm not a huge fan of black/light bley together. All I'm saying is that I would rather see a remake of the original Lego Doc Ock again rather than this new one, I'm not trying to put down the artists that designed Doc Ock to look this way.

I'm sure we'll see a classic version of him soon enough. This theme will last for a very long time. We just have to be patient.

I saw a few Marvel sets in the back of my TRU tonight. They are marked to be put on shelves April 8th; this Sunday, Easter Sunday! How ridiculous is that?

I saw a few Marvel sets in the back of my TRU tonight. They are marked to be put on shelves April 8th; this Sunday, Easter Sunday! How ridiculous is that?

Preach it, my friend. Utterly ridiculous. :hmpf:

My local Wal Mart manager (what up, Ed!) was kind enough to dig around in the boxes that just came off the truck and found the Quinjet set for me. He said that they only received three of that set and that most of the area Wal Marts had about the same number in stock. So you might want to keep your eyes out for it, they will go fast!

I know there is a review up for the Quinjet but I want to add a few comments. The box art is fantastic and they really went all out making it feel as if it is based on a comic, especially on the back of the box where they show the functions. The instructions and stickers were backed by cardboard, which is great after years of getting smashed stickers in various sets (republic gunship, Hogwarts castle, and so on). And they put several of the minifigures in different bags. This not only makes it harder for people to steal them out of the sets on the shelf, but it also is something to look forward to as you progress in the build.

I can't wait to finish it tonight! A Marvel movie marathon, a bag of Starburst jellybeans, and a new Lego set. What could be a better evening that that? (disclaimer: my wife begs to differ)

Sorry to interrupt your discussion but does somebody have a clue why Belgium & The Netherlands are ignored?

I haven't seen any DC nor Marvel set in store. There aren't any banners or commercials that state that they will turn up in the first couple of months...

I just hope that we don't get ignored with the LotR-sets... :hmpf_bad:

Sorry to interrupt your discussion but does somebody have a clue why Belgium & The Netherlands are ignored?

I haven't seen any DC nor Marvel set in store. There aren't any banners or commercials that state that they will turn up in the first couple of months...

I just hope that we don't get ignored with the LotR-sets... :hmpf_bad:

Canada hasn't been doing that great for Marvel sets, either. :sad:

Canada hasn't been doing that great for Marvel sets, either. :sad:

Hey! I received my VIP email a few days ago, containing news about the Marvel sets. :excited:

Don't lose hope yet :tongue:

6907563204_b2cc59e274.jpg

Hey! I received my VIP email a few days ago, containing news about the Marvel sets. :excited:

Don't lose hope yet :tongue:

Well, they say Coming This April, so at least it'll be soon.

I stopped by my Toys R us this morning and the sets were on a cart in the back with the April 8 stickers on them. When I told the manager that they have been selling for days on their website, and they were listed as available for in store pick up, he let me buy the sets I wanted. I picked up the 3 smallest sets for now, I will save the other 2 sets for the Legoshop Hulk figure promotion.

I stopped by my Toys R us this morning and the sets were on a cart in the back with the April 8 stickers on them. When I told the manager that they have been selling for days on their website, and they were listed as available for in store pick up, he let me buy the sets I wanted. I picked up the 3 smallest sets for now, I will save the other 2 sets for the Legoshop Hulk figure promotion.

Hmm I wonder why they had the stickers on then? Did he say how long they had been selling for over there in the USA as here in England we have had them for a week

Just got 2 Marvel sets in the U.K in Argos. They were literally the only ones left in stock, as in only one of each was still in stock. Needless to say I felt very lucky and am extremely happy to get Iron-Man! :laugh:

So, it looks like not everywhere is keeping them till Easter Sunday. Which brings some hope! :sweet:

Now holding two of the sets in my hands, I must say I'm very impressed with these minifigs! The prints and plastic are top notch quality and aver fig is very detailed. TLG gets a :thumbup: from me so far for this wave. :classic:

I talked to the someone at the Arden Lego store and they said they receive the shipment on Monday. Just a couple days now.

Went to two Lego Stores. Nothing. Target, nothing. But two TRUs had the Avengers sets. Picked up Cap and Ironman.