wooootles

The Wasabi District

That looks great. The crosswalks look a bit tight( :tongue:), I got my fingers crossed for ya.

Naww, I lost :tongue: Too many awesome MOCs and epic individual layouts (And they're here on this site too!), that I'm a little surprised I got a nomination :blush:

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Edited by wooootles

I grabbed a couple pics for you, but I can't link to them until I have 5 posts apparently. :sceptic:

I grabbed a couple pics for you, but I can't link to them until I have 5 posts apparently. :sceptic:

You don't. You should be able to post them now. :wink:

Lol missing side mirror round piece on white car :look:

But thanks for the images and the support - and nice to meet everyone who came to my display!

Wow!! Those roads are amazing. I love the traffic lights.

Edited by tikicult

Wow! Awesome project! I love it! Keep up the good work -- and the photo share! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey guys, bamp.

It looks like the guys at Redbox HQ liked my little Redbox... (it was "silently" sitting in my Brickworld display hehe)

http://blog.redbox.com/2012/09/redbox-has-been-legod.html

ANd while I bumped with that, I might as well share some previews of my possible next MOCs:

7984145992_f4cfc83616.jpg

previews by wooootles, on Flickr

I have the last one in flesh... in brick, rather. It's going to be a bookstore. 5 bonus points to whoever can guess what the middle building will be.

It's great when one's own work is notice by other outside the Lego world, I know what it feels like....makes it all worth it. :sweet:

I look forward to your future work 'wooootles'.....Brick On ! :grin:

BAMP

Have any of you tried doing custom stickers using waterslide decals? I started to use them in my upcoming MOC. It kinda screws up on color-heavy decals (like the Barista, see small-ish scratches) but it doesn't look too bad overall.

Anyways, here they are... and I should get my MOC ready within a couple of weeks.

8516356793_2f9efcacdd.jpg

Edited by wooootles

Nice customs and no, I haven't tried using waterslide decals yet......but I actually can't wait to see your Starbucks 'wooootles'.....Brick On ! :grin:

Dear master Wootles, would be you so kind as to keep us updated on your marvellous work as you progress?

Best regards

Bregir

or

GIEF MOAR!! NAOW!!! XD

Haha, perhaps I should, considering it takes me a while to get any MOCs up anyway. The Barnes and Noble/Starbucks combo MOC should look like the unfinished LDD image(right) I posted a couple of posts up, if that helps...

Thanks for looking!

Edited by wooootles

Just WoW!!! Saw it before, but :wub: can't say anything else than: WoW

Thanks for sharing, it is very inspiring!

Sorry, I don't have any digital copy of this :look: (the one LDD pic a few posts up is about as far as it got)

Thank you all for you support, here in EB, or over on Flickr and CUUSOO.

Here's me playing around with my 3 largest MOCs.

After putting the Midtown Condo up (biggest one facing backwards) I accidentally dropped the first floor and smashed half of it. After some angst and focus, I was able to rebuild it. But uncomfortably, I had a couple of pieces left over and I can't remember where it was supposed to be, though it looked alright :look: Hopefully it wasn't of structural significance :laugh:

8543965298_8cfee10121.jpg

But here's my actual planned layout, updated for 2014. It's super ambitious, stretching up to 100 inches (10 x 7 of 32x32 baseplates) and possibly won't be realized until I move and get a bigger room for them :laugh:

8542948377_8203ecd747_b.jpg

1. Midtown Condominiums

2. Avenue Residences

3. Barnes & Noble /Starbucks

4. Cheesecake Factory (or a steakhouse; I haven't decided what it would be yet but I am already building it/deciding what color it should be). WIP.

5. Tech Store (Apple? Windows?) Proposed

6. LEGO Store. Proposed

7. Hardware / Furniture Store? (Something like a home improvement store? Shouls be around the size of the bookstore), Proposed

8. Flagship Hotel/Apartment (I think it's actually happening, I've already accumulated lots of window pieces and white bricks and dark bluish grey plates, and have done facade prototypes, yet I only have 25-30% of the pieces I'd need as an estimate. But it's happening.) WIP.

9. Park (It's happening too, though I haven't started it)

Edited by wooootles

Impressive 'wooootles', I look forward to your home improvement store.....if you need any advice on hardware stores just ask. :classic:

Brick On 'wooootles' ! :classic: