Sign in to follow this  
Philo

Fabuland People Poster

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

About two years ago I started to create LDraw parts for Fabuland heads. This quest has come to an end, and to celebrate this I have created posters with all Fabuland people together:

all_fabuland-t.jpg

family_portrait-t.jpg

High resolution images and LDraw files are available in my Brickshelf folder

For the record, the heads were scanned using my 3D laser scanner...

Special thanks to all people who helped me, lending me Fabuland figures, providing photos and assembling shortcuts!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

:wub: :wub: :wub: !

Very well done! As a Fabuholic myself I really appriciate the work you' ve done with this! This gives the Fabuland theme "life after death" and I'm sure many people will benifit from this!

The poster is nice and the stand display shows how versitile the areas of use/display is.

Again - thanks for your effort and for posting this :thumbup: !

Wow Philo, this is very impressive work. That you built a 3D scanner out of Lego to do this? Incredible.

I love that poster, I was looking for something like this to check off what I have (bricklink wanted list worked but not as fun to look at).

Great job on the scans, setup, scanner, everything :thumbup:

This is really, really awesome Philo. I congratulate you. You aid the LDraw community enormously. :thumbup:

That scanner is really cool. When you showed the finished scan at the end, it wasn't exactly half of the head. How did you make it so they empty spaces filled in?

Thanks everybody, I learned a lot of things in 3D sculpting during this process!

That scanner is really cool. When you showed the finished scan at the end, it wasn't exactly half of the head. How did you make it so they empty spaces filled in?

Actually this is a multi-pass process, the object is turned and you can scan another area. The partial scans are then more or less automatically assembled and fused by the software I used, David Laser scanner. After that I clean the result and enhance edges (LDraw parts are somewhat idealized with edges outlining angles) using MeshMixer.

Very cool! If you were to make these into real posters, I'd love to buy one! :laugh:

Edited by Polish Guy

The poster is awesome - thank you for doing this way back. I just noticed there might be a mistake, though - Paulette Poodle (last one on the 5th row) should have white arms, not red ones.

Edited by ThaukaFilms