Sign in to follow this  
K.Kreations

Gatehouse of Kydenon

Some long expected guests are ariving at the capital city of Kydenon. Kydern prince of Kydenon has come to the front gates to meet them. A long debate is about to begin concerning the Magical Gem in Avalonia. But things might take a turn for the worse...

6787859504_887d2d9a74_z.jpg

Gatehouse by K.Kreations,

6933975005_fd6d7e25ac_z.jpg

View 2 by K.Kreations,

We hope our guests, Niku, Skalldyr, and William Hakenshire enjoy there stay in Kydenon. :classic:

6787862354_dccbcd70e3_z.jpg

The Guests by K.Kreations, on Flickr

Along with this I have some other MOC's that I have had done for a while but haven't gotten around to posting.

Forgotten Falls, wich I think could fit in the Enchanted Isles. Although I did't really build it for a purpose.

6907361561_fd4673a045_z.jpg

Forgotten Falls by K.Kreations, on Flickr

And a small scene, In Enemy Territory.

6804111492_1eaa4e1016_z.jpg

In Enemy Territory by K.Kreations,

Hope you enjoy them and thanks for looking! I have a massive MOC ready to post soon. So stay tuned! -Kyle

Edited by K.Kreations

Great work! I especially like your walls on the gatehouse :thumbup: , Forgotten Falls really has a nice sense of peacefulness too.

Looking forward to your "massive MOC" :classic:

Great work, K.K.!

As always, your stonework shines in the gatehouse wall and the rocks of the Forgotten Falls.

What's this "massive MOC" that soccerkid6 mentioned? I guess I missed you mention it, but I'd look forward to it too!

nice builds. I want to do a gatehouse as well but my list of current projects and limits to my build time have slowed my building rate down alot.

I the details are nice in the wall to the gate house and nice rock work on the forgotten falls scene. I think a minifig more foliage and another tree on the left side would have really made it pop.

can't wait to see the big MOC you are working on

Thanks for the inclusion. :classic:

To be honest was the last thing I noticed, because was paying more attention to the elaborated wall design, with some elements that combine so well together and add deep good textures to the entrance.

Forgotten Falls is a nice place as to be a rally point for challenge 3.

Great Mocs. :thumbup:

Great builds K!

The ornamentations on the gatehouse are well done. Also the rockwork at the falls and the use of the tire in the last scene, great work.

Nice MOCs! The stonework on the gate and wall look very elaborate. I don't really like those brown 2x4's you added to the gatehouse, though. They kinda look out of place. I guess you were going for a timber look, but the way they form an 'X' make them seem out of place to me. They just seem to float around there.

Your others MOCs are very good, too. I especially like the wooden wall the Bull Knights are guarding. It looks suitably ramshackle. Having a signal fire on top of a wooden tower might not be the best of ideas, however :tongue: .

Great little details on the wall! Fun to see some of the sigfigs as well! Some shrubs outside the wall perhaps?

The forgotten falls have a very mayan/aztecan touch to it and it looks great!

Love the tire use on the last moc! The whole scene is very nice!

Some better lightning in the photos would improve the mocs a lot.

Good work with the gatehouse! I swear I recognize that battle standard from somewhere...

You did a good job of keeping the walls from looking like one giant blob, so great work there. Lots of nice detailing.

I think the gatehouse does need some doors though!

I really like the forgotten falls. It has that Mayan/Aztec type ruins feel to it. It is just awesome.

I like the enemy territory MOC because the wooden wall feels very organic.

My one overall suggestion is that these three are good enough to be in their own threads. I would post each separately next time.

ZC has made some good points. I love the stonework on the gatehouse! I might be stealing some of your idea's from that in the future :grin: All the scenes are awesome! Make more. :thumbup:

I really like the forgotten falls. The way the entrance is built in a corner is bery good. The two other mocs are also very good! The wall of the gate house is nicely detailed.

Thanks so much everyone! I am very glad you like them. Well, as for the bad lighting, I have been trying to learn very hard and I have some newer MOC's with much better photo quality.

@ZCeberus. Thanks so much. It means a lot from an amazing builder like you. I am glad that they are up to par. And I am sorry I didn't give you credit for the battle standard. I felt like it fitted in this case so I used it, I hope that is okay with you. And I just realized that the gatehouse doesn't have gates. Silly me. :grin:

I also would have posted them in 3 seperate topics but these have been done for almost 3 weeks now. I just haven't had the time to get to post them. I won't be doing this agian.

@Captain B. Thanks! I would love to have people use some designs. And don't worry, theres more on the way. :wink:

@DeGothia. You have some great advice. Some shrubbery would have looked nice.

Thanks all for the wonderful comments! I am just starting to get into the groove of MOCing and I am excited to be getting better. I am having struggles with parts and such but a few Bricklink orders might take care of that. Thanks again!

And I am sorry I didn't give you credit for the battle standard.

No need to worry- I was not seeking a mention- I just wanted you to know I noticed it!

I liked them all, the gatehouse is very nice, full of nice details, and the 'ruined shrine' is specially beautiful!

Some really nice builds here. I really like the variety of techniques on the main wall on the first build. I think the 2nd build is my favorite though. You've done a great job with the whole coastline, the temple, and the white and blue water technique. The 3rd build is great too though, I would love to see a bigger version of this. It has a nice random imperfect look to it that can be so hard to achieve with Legos. Great job on these!