LEGO Train 12 Volts

MOC: Coal District

Hi everyone,

as promised here is my latest MOC called Coal District :classic:

coal-001.jpg

After having built several steam locomotives I felt the need to have a charging coal station.

Inspired by the draft of Reinhard "Ben" Beneke and other models on the web I built mine coal deposit.

coal-002.jpg

Enjoy the tour...

coal-003.jpg

coal-004.jpg

coal-005.jpg

coal-006.jpg

coal-007.jpg

coal-008.jpg

coal-009.jpg

coal-010.jpg

coal-011.jpg

coal-012.jpg

coal-013.jpg

coal-014.jpg

coal-015.jpg

coal-016.jpg

coal-017.jpg

coal-018.jpg

coal-019.jpg

coal-020.jpg

coal-021.jpg

coal-022.jpg

coal-023.jpg

coal-024.jpg

coal-025.jpg

coal-026.jpg

coal-027.jpg

coal-028.jpg

coal-029.jpg

coal-030.jpg

coal-031.jpg

coal-032.jpg

coal-033.jpg

coal-034.jpg

coal-035.jpg

coal-036.jpg

coal-037.jpg

coal-038.jpg

coal-039.jpg

coal-040.jpg

coal-041.jpg

coal-042.jpg

coal-043.jpg

coal-044.jpg

coal-045.jpg

coal-046.jpg

coal-047.jpg

coal-048.jpg

coal-049.jpg

Here you can find also two videos of my BR 84 and BR 94

Very nice work there LT12V you have captured the look of a typical German railway "Bekohlungsanlage" (Coaling Stage) really well, I also like your coal wagons they remind me a lot of ones made by Brickshelf user Grunneger http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3374350 but yours have nicer ends with the tile cladding emulating planking as well as a spot for the shovel. Out of curiosity is this going to be part of a larger scene with a locomotive depot or will it be a stand alone model.

Edited by Steinkopf

Out of curiosity is this going to be part of a larger scene with a locomotive depot or will it be a stand alone model.

You hit the bullseye, this station will be part of a train layout but I've to work a little bit more to complete my project :sweet:

It is not clear if you spend the much of your time taking photos or building your excellent mocs! :grin: Great work! :thumbup:

The coal supply station is one of the most appealing structure and the Vollmer large one is very inspiring.

A beautiful complement for your dampflocks.

How is it far your loco roundhouse? :wink:

Let's enjoy your shared photos!

I :wub: this creation 'LT12V', a structure of AWESOMENESS and beauty - :thumbup: on the detailing and mechanics too ! :grin:

Keep the AWESOMENESS coming 'LT12V' and Brick On ! :moar:

fantastic work,

but why the double crossover track almost instantly after a point, it seams unnessasary, you could use one or the other, is it for show or is it how they are in real life? just curious

Spectacular work LT12V,

Very impressive and attractive design, I especially like the crane!! Just amazing!

fantastic work,

but why the double crossover track almost instantly after a point, it seams unnessasary, you could use one or the other, is it for show or is it how they are in real life? just curious

Thanks, the double crossover is there just to take these pictures :wink:

Spectacular work LT12V,

Very impressive and attractive design, I especially like the crane!! Just amazing!

Thanks Stacker9000 the idea of ​​building these train accessories has started from you with your water tower! :thumbup:

Fantastic coaling station, LT12V.

Beautiful design and great working features.

The crane is brilliant.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks AussieJimbo!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

This is a really well made coaling station. I've been wanting to build one myself but have too many incomplete LEGO projects to start a new one just yet. I'll certainly be taking a very close look at yours when I get around to building one myself. I really like the use of the black diagonal mesh fences as walkways, and I'll probably use that technique myself now.

I really like the use of the black diagonal mesh fences as walkways, and I'll probably use that technique myself now.

That kind of technique comes from "Ben" ...you can find all his beautiful buildings here :classic:

This is wonderful! :thumbup: I love it! :wub: I can’t wait to see your entire layout when it is completed, but I imagine that will take some years and are they ever really completed? That’s the joy of it though.

Wonderful work 'LT12V'. As an ex-coal miner, living in a state with massive coal seams I can really appreciate this build. The scoop and loading statin are great, what year are they designed from? I fully plan to incorporate coal in designing my new layout, starting with the Gold Coal Mine. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Very nice MOC - you catch the ambiance very well!

I am a little concerned about the working conditions:

some workers are standing in the coal with the crane head coming dangerously close!

Hopefully the labour inspection will understand...

Wow, this is great.

The whole scene is perfect. I wonder why do not see more of these. It is such an essential part of the steam era.

And I especially like the way you did the crane. It really is a beauty.

I am a little concerned about the working conditions:

some workers are standing in the coal with the crane head coming dangerously close!

LOL! :laugh:

The real problem is that the crane operator also carries glasses! :devil::wink:

Thank for all your kind words Asper, Dapper-D2, Lego Guy Bri & Man with a hat! :classic: