KateB

Official Lego 3 Drawer Storage Unit

The 3 drawer cabinets at Target do have the dividers and plates on the front, these were not the ones with the three project cases, hence my surprise at finding them. The price was the same $39.99 that the LEGO store is selling these at. Someone had removed the nylon bands around one of the cabinets, and I was able to take a look at the trays. They seem awfully small, but for someone without many parts or with a very granular system, perhaps they would be fine. For me, the small sections in the tray along with the fact that the drawers don't have lids turns me off a bit. I can just see a kid/dog/cat knocking this over and parts going everywhere.

However, they do look really cool, and are tempting... but rationally I just don't think they're great for my needs.

As for price, on occasion Target will run something like, "all storage on sale." If they do, that might be a chance to save a few dollars on these.

Edited by meyerc13

Or just print put a picture with examples of the pieces on, and stick those on each drawer. I think I just used Peeron or similar and then pasted several pieces into one picture in photoshop.

We'd been doing that with our LEGO parts. But with the project of sorting our LEGO having taken the better part of a decade, parts have been reorganized so often that it became a hassle to keep relabeling the drawers, and thus the labels have become mostly meaningless by this point. It's an attractive idea to just "label" the drawers by sticking an example piece from the drawer on the front, even if that concept doesn't work nearly that well in execution.