Ludzik

Police station

indexed.gif B-PV-4B

It's been many years since I was as fascinated with Legos as I am now. My wife is laughing at me but is feeding my addiction with frequent visits to various Lego stores and is a perfect partner in crime when it comes to PAB or grab bags :)

In any case, here's my 4th revision of a Police Station. I think I'm almost done (like we're ever done with our buildings). Most of the source material for it came from grab bags and PAB walls. One thing that I"m still hoping for is to pickup some material for the entry gates to get them to match to each other.

vnpmxf.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zh2lp1.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/16c9843.jpg

Edit by Phred:

Added down-sized image to post.

Edited by Phred
Please keep your embedded images to a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels (see the Site Guidelines)

Not bad at all 'Ludzik', any interior shots ? :classic:

Ah, yes...our wives all think as AFOL's are a screw-lose ! :laugh:

Heaps of security in the place eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'Ludzik' ! :grin:

Not bad at all 'Ludzik', any interior shots ? :classic:

Ah, yes...our wives all think as AFOL's are a screw-lose ! :laugh:

Heaps of security in the place eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'Ludzik' ! :grin:

I goofed and didn't do the interior shots as I was building it and for the moment it's not as easy to "split it". I will try to remember to take shots next time I'm improving something ;)

Interior is split into jail and "office" area. As you're looking forward there is a cell area behind the left vehicle with two beds and two detainees. From center to the right its all office area with a staircase in the back that leads to the second story (that's the reason for the sloped side of the building).

Oh yeah, and the cars are modified Brickmaster sets (I modeled them a bit after the 7942 fire truck (I liked the way it looked) and the helicopter is a modified 7741 (I used the roof from 4436 for the chopper).

Edited by Ludzik

I like how you have broken away from Lego's Stereotypical cutesy glass police station.

I like the "3rd World Maximum Security Police Station" look it has. Brings back a lot of memories. Only thing it is missing are the twin .50 cal machine gun nests on the roofs, and the police minifigs with wooden batons.

:thumbup: :thumbup: - 2 thumbs up!

I like how you have broken away from Lego's Stereotypical cutesy glass police station.

I like the "3rd World Maximum Security Police Station" look it has. Brings back a lot of memories. Only thing it is missing are the twin .50 cal machine gun nests on the roofs, and the police minifigs with wooden batons.

:thumbup: :thumbup: - 2 thumbs up!

LOL well... from my work I know how insides of a police station and their vehicle yards look like. To be accurate the wall should be taller and the gates should be "solid" sliding walls :) I always had a problem with their easy access designs of the police stations ... and fire departments as well.

Btw, if it wasn't that I am temporarily confined to a 6 foot table with my city it'd be bigger :)

Edited by Ludzik

Nice job Ludzik,

I especially like the way you've done the helipad and the sloped roof over the staircase stops it all from being too sqaurish.

My next project is to improve the police station in my town, this have given me some ideas, thanks.

Cool looking and well designed complex. I like this self-contained area. But the copcar-pickups look a bit strange to me. :wink: From where I come from, our police drives mostly station wagons.

Cool looking and well designed complex. I like this self-contained area. But the copcar-pickups look a bit strange to me. :wink: From where I come from, our police drives mostly station wagons.

I know.... they probably should be more SUV like then truck like but I'm personally more partial to trucks and I don't have a vision yet how to make them more SUV like ;)

Nice police station.

Regarding the pickup trucks, the police around here have vehicles that are basically dual-cab pickup trucks with a canvas covered cage on the back instead of a truck bed which are used for prisoner transports (I built one in white a while back and then built a different version of the same thing only in dark blue as a transit police version)

I know.... they probably should be more SUV like then truck like but I'm personally more partial to trucks and I don't have a vision yet how to make them more SUV like ;)

Maybe you could stretch the roof and add a rear window instead of the loading bed.