Hey, I saw a while back one of the members here did a lot of re-enginering of this set, I can seem to find it anywhere. I have another one on the way, so when it gets here I want to build it bassed on his mods. I really like the joy stick mods too, make lot of sence being I,ve run real machines that use a 2 stick control set up. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Dan

Hello skyline dan,welcome to the forum.

You can see a few mod's here:

Topic 1 My mod's to the 8043 excavator

Hey, thanks. Good info there too, I was thinking the same thing about a grapple too, LOL. Here in the states they have a lot of nifty things thay put on the end of the stick as we say. I,ve seen stump grinders on them used for big jobs like taking out large tracks of forest, tree saws for taking down trees. theres a lot of things you could put on it besides a bucket.

Dan

Do you mean my Ultimate 8043 modifications ?

I built it!

(Jurgen maybe remembers me: I was building it during winter holydays and I wrote him because of a missing part in the BrickStore inventory :wink: )

It's a great upgrade for the 8043: all 6 functions operating simultaneously, without the need of a switch, working lights and some minor aestetic fixes.

I really enjoyed building and playing with it!

Edited by Rikus

Can I download this beautiful music?

No, I'm sorry, I don't have my music online except as background for my youtube-movies. And I hope to make a new movie soon with a different excavator MOC.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

No, I'm sorry, I don't have my music online except as background for my youtube-movies. And I hope to make a new movie soon with a different excavator MOC.

did I saw that one on brickshelf "the Zorex 220"

love the colors

Hello Jurgen,

I did see the Zorex 220 on Brickshelf, very nice work.

Indeed beautiful color, are these the original colors of the real excavator or is it your own choice?

I can't wait to see the instructions.

I am hoping to buy a 8043 this year and if I do, I am going to build it with the instructions of your ultimate 8043.

It is going to be expensive, but it looks and functions better than the original TLC excavator.

Grretings

Christian Hagen

Netherlands

Hello Jurgen,

I did see the Zorex 220 on Brickshelf, very nice work.

Indeed beautiful color, are these the original colors of the real excavator or is it your own choice?

I can't wait to see the instructions.

I am hoping to buy a 8043 this year and if I do, I am going to build it with the instructions of your ultimate 8043.

It is going to be expensive, but it looks and functions better than the original TLC excavator.

Grretings

Christian Hagen

Netherlands

The Zorex is loosly based on Hitatchi Excavators, which are completely orange (the boom as well). I wanted to make an orange excavator, so I choose the Hitacht as an example.

I got my second 8043 today, so here I go. Gonna build the ultimate 8043, I,ll let you guys know how I fair, LOL. Seeing as I,m doing this after work it may take a few days.

Dan

Not done yet, LOL. Got 6 hours in it and about another two to three to go. SO far its been a fun build, I printed the instructions in blank n white so its a bit hard at times. It would have been nice to have the axle lenths listed on the pages too, but if you look closely enough at things you can figure it out for the most part. I did have to change one or two because I got it wrong the first time, LOL. I,m using a stock PF battery too, this might make it a bit fun getting it to fit just right. Thats gonna be the fight tonight after work, the rest should go well.

Dan