Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

LCC-CIC-The Martels' House

This was made for the CIC over at LCC (Lands of Classic Castle)

Pepin Martel is the son of Charles "the hammer" Martel, and his wife Marie. Charles is a master craftsmen a fact he proudly displays on his house. He earned his title "the hammer" when a gang of thieves attacked him and some other craftsmen while they were working. They surely would have been slain, being far outnumbered. But Charles sprung upon the brigand's leader and with one blow smote him down. The other thieves seeing this fled. To this day he has kept that hammer to remind him what bravery can do.

Pepin is 13 yrs. old, and Charles decided to apprentice him out instead of teaching Pepin himself, so that Pepin isn't given any unfair advantages and to teach him independence. Pepin is excited about his apprenticeship to a master craftsman, and is seen here about to set off on his journey.

The Martels' gardener has served them faithfully many years, and is sad to see Pepin leaving.

Here is the Martels' house

6816434770_91f40cbb9c.jpg

More pictures including a full interior are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/sets/72157629535263869/

Any feedback,criticism, or advice welcome! :classic:

Credit for the roof design goes to DC :thumbup:

Looks pretty nice, although the two sides don't match up.

There is a slight difference, though I'm not really sure why, they should sit even. :blush:

But that is one of the costs of putting an interior in it :tongue:

Edit: After looking at it, it must not have been sitting level. The vertical difference is practically nil in real life.

Edited by soccerkid6

The house is great and I like that you've done a DC inspired roof! :thumbup: I think the biggest improvement is photo quality; these are really good! :classic:

Keep up the builds! :thumbup:

The house is great and I like that you've done a DC inspired roof! :thumbup: I think the biggest improvement is photo quality; these are really good! :classic:

Keep up the builds! :thumbup:

Thanks! :sweet: I took these pictures on my solar porch. I came up with an idea for the 3rd challenge, so I will be starting that soon.

Edited by soccerkid6