Rufus

Architecture Month: Building Contest

Can I put a Google Earth image of the actual building? I'm asking because it's dificult to find a photo of the building taken from the right angle :sceptic:

Try it and see. I'll let you know if it's not suitable.

WAH! It is gorgeous contest! I very like it!) But I have only week( It is bad...

May I do CNN tower?

Should our model be finished until 8 of january? So that any further change is forbidden after that?

Should our model be finished until 8 of january? So that any further change is forbidden after that?

Guys...not funny. I wrote 8 of A.pril and appears as January

default_angry.gifdefault_angry.gifdefault_angry.gif

I hate A.pril's F.ools Day

In the first post it's stated that:

[*]Entries must be posted by midnight GMT, April 8, 2012.

[*]The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.

So I think one could assume that we have until midnight of April 8 (GMT) to post

and edit our creations. But I'll leave it for one of the moderators to say for sure.

Anyway, cheers, and best of luck if you choose to enter. :classic:

Regards,

Wombat

Edited by Wombat The Wise

Are you all travellers through time, or what do you have with January? *huh*

"Entries must be posted by midnight GMT, April 8, 2012." :thumbup:

It says it's due on Saturday, April 8th at midnight, although April 8th is a Sunday. Can someone help clear this up for me?

Edited by CarsonBrick

It says it's due on Saturday, April 8th at midnight, although April 8th is a Sunday. Can someone help clear this up for me?

Thank you! :blush: I'll clarify. Midnight between Saturday April 7th and Sunday April 8th.

May I remind all contestants in the Architecture Building Contest that a photograph of the original building must be included.

I'm not sure, so is it allowed to publish one's own project on other platforms

respectively LEGO communities, after is was indexed here?

I'm not sure, so is it allowed to publish one's own project on other platforms

respectively LEGO communities, after is was indexed here?

Your MOC is your own intellectual property, and Eurobricks has no control over where else you might display it. Having said that, advertising your MOC elsewhere in order to solicit votes for your entry in this contest would be frowned upon; in any case, people won't be allowed to vote unless they were already members on EB before the contest began. This is to prevent people joining just to vote.

For the picture of the building, can I put a picture of the architect standing behind a model version? I am having a very hard time finding a image of the building that shows the entire building, or even more than 1/3 of the main wall?

Edited by bricktect

This sounds like a great contest! I can't wait to start working on my entry, to maybe win one of those amazing prizes! And quick question, where is the entry thread? Sorry for asking, I got this account five minutes ago.

Edited by TheBricks

This sounds like a great contest! I can't wait to start working on my entry, to maybe win one of those amazing prizes! And quick question, where is the entry thread? Sorry for asking, I got this account five minutes ago.

If you had read the rules in the first post you would have seen that you make a separate topic for your entry, and also that it's only a few hours left of the contest.

Entrie are allowed until Midnight between Saturday April 7th and Sunday April 8th. So, you better hurry up!

There is no entry thread, just create a new topic in the Special LEGO Themes section. Also put "Architecture Contest: in your title.

If you had read the rules in the first post you would have seen that you make a separate topic for your entry, and also that it's only 30 minutes left of the contest.

It's GMT time, so I think there are about 3 and a half hours left.

Edited by Theo

It's GMT time, so I think there are about 3 and a half hours left.

Yeah, I just realized it myself, I counted the wrong way. :laugh:

Although you haven't got it quite right either, it's 2 and a half. :wink:

Yeah, I just realized it myself, I counted the wrong way. :laugh:

Although you haven't got it quite right either, it's 2 and a half. :wink:

It's Summer time here among people, something GMT likes to ignore every year ;)

So yes, it is indeed more than 3 hours left.

It's Summer time here among people, something GMT likes to ignore every year ;)

So yes, it is indeed more than 3 hours left.

Really? I had no idea. I guess I'll better shut up now before making a even bigger fool of myself. :blush:

I hope it's ok, I had issues getting it posted till now. though I might be off on the time due.

I live in Los Angeles, I am about to post my model in a few minutes. I hope I can still be eligible. It is only 8:30 april 7 here in California. Please accept my entry. I completely forgot about the time zone differences:/

Is it ok to change the photo of the real building after the end time? I have a better photo I found to portray the building then the one I had up, but I found it after the end time of the contest.

As there was a bit of confusion regarding the closing time of the contest, I will allow changes to entries until 8 am tomorrow UK time (just over 13 hours from now). No more new entries will be accepted, however.

How are the winners decided? I looked at the rules, but I didn't see anything about voting.

Patience.

The contest is now closed to new entries and to editing of existing ones. A voting thread will be posted later today.