Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Theed Hangar Battle (now on tour/shows)

Now on public tour/shows, who knows it might just pop-up to a location near you!

Goryeb Children's Hospital Benefit at Madison YMCA NJ

June 10, 2012 Sunday

7362349130_4af40f9281_z.jpg

Greenberg Train Show at Edison, New Jersey

March 31, 2012 Saturday - April 1, 2012 Sunday

7073985647_6952e0b502_z.jpg

Bonus pic showing what two sides may look like together!

6831835340_c69e945e10_z.jpg

The battle rages on inside the Theed hangar

as the Trade Federation droid army brings in reinforcements to recapture the hangar.

As several Naboo Starfighters scramble to get airborne,

the ground forces have been split to enable the royal entourage to get to the palace.

6968323455_e78ece5804_c.jpg

Click on the pic for more details and here's the original full size pic!

If you enjoy viewing this and my other works,

please support the Star Wars Modular Buildings/Locations project that I've created on Lego CUUSOO.

Posted teaser on March 7,2012:

Just started taking pics and a whole lot of work still to be done with lighting, focus, etc!

Lots of issues when taking pics with an MOC of this size.

6960774433_022fee07fd_z.jpg

AC

What a frikkin tease! :laugh:

This look crazy cool, can't wait to see it in action.

How big is this thing? How many bricks? When will we see more of it?

My head is spinning with questions :classic:

It is awesome, matches perfectly the scene from the movie. :thumbup:

Never mind building it, how long does it take to set up :oh3:. It's lovely ACPin, all the detail and smoothness :wub:.

Edit: Obi Wan looks a bit happy to be fighting Darth Maul :grin:.

Edited by Mr Man

AMAZING!

I miss almost the words.

I'm not a big fan of the "new" 3parts but that looks really huge.

Looks great! It must look huge in person!

It's approximately smaller than 2x4 large baseplates and will be on public display at month's end.

It is awesome, matches perfectly the scene from the movie. :thumbup:

:classic:

Wow! :oh: This is awsome! :drool:

:laugh:

Never mind building it, how long does it take to set up :oh3:. It's lovely ACPin, all the detail and smoothness :wub:.

Edit: Obi Wan looks a bit happy to be fighting Darth Maul :grin:.

It took a couple of hours for the final setup for the minifigs and accessories. Test shots and a few more adjustments after that.

Wow the sheer size, detail and execution is jaw dropping, amazing building once again

Now you see how the three modules fit (well there's multiples of one) together.

AMAZING!

I miss almost the words.

I'm not a big fan of the "new" 3parts but that looks really huge.

I guess you're not the only one.

AC

PS. Thanks for the blog KD (why no comment though?) and also for those who've supported the project thus far.

I was imagining angels singing("Awwwwwwwwww") and a glow emanating from around this MOC. *oh2* Amazing AC. This thing is just gargantuan! As usual, I'm pretty much speechless when it comes to something relevant to say about the MOC, just a lot of praises unto you. :look:

EDIT: where will this be displayed? As in, which show(s).

Edited by Legocrazy81

Truly stunning! I'd love to see this in person. Episode 1 isn't really on my list of favourite movies, but you captured one of the more iconic scenes, I think. :thumbup: I think this has been said in another thread already, but you have some very inspiring uses of parts in this MOC, the tan halfpipe pieces for example. Kudos for another great and beautifully executed MOC!

PS. Thanks for the blog KD (why no comment though?) and also for those who've supported the project thus far.

Whoops, busy me! Just had a short time to blog and had to log-off to attend to some stuff. :blush: But as always, it's a pleasure to see your large-scale dios AC, you really captured the scene accurately. :thumbup: And for some reason, even if there are already more recent versions of the N-1 it's still good to see you used the classic '99 ones. Any particular reason why you used those? (Don't have the recent ones I suppose? - though I doubt it you miss on SW sets :grin: ).

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I was imagining angels singing("Awwwwwwwwww") and a glow emanating from around this MOC. *oh2* Amazing AC. This thing is just gargantuan! As usual, I'm pretty much speechless when it comes to something relevant to say about the MOC, just a lot of praises unto you. :look:

EDIT: where will this be displayed? As in, which show(s).

Please see first post as I've included the link and details for the show.

Truly stunning! I'd love to see this in person. Episode 1 isn't really on my list of favourite movies, but you captured one of the more iconic scenes, I think. :thumbup: I think this has been said in another thread already, but you have some very inspiring uses of parts in this MOC, the tan halfpipe pieces for example. Kudos for another great and beautifully executed MOC!

If you're in the tri-state area, you can view it at the end of this mmonth. I've made use of those half-pipes in other MOCs like this.

Whoops, busy me! Just had a short time to blog and had to log-off to attend to some stuff. :blush: But as always, it's a pleasure to see your large-scale dios AC, you really captured the scene accurately. :thumbup: And for some reason, even if there are already more recent versions of the N-1 it's still good to see you used the classic '99 ones. Any particular reason why you used those? (Don't have the recent ones I suppose? - though I doubt it you miss on SW sets :grin: ).

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I've got the other newer versions but as mentioned in the other thread for the Starfighter bay, it was space considerations that made me use the retro one. Just continued with the retro theme by using even the old droidekas, yellow minifigs and such.

AC

Wow. I'm blown away!

Looking at the teaser I had an idea of how this might look, but seeing it in real photos makes me wanna have this set at home. Right now! :sweet:

The details and the snot floor captures my gaze. You can almost hear the 'Duel of Fate's beginning when you look at this - especially thanks to the staging which brings everything to life.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great MOC! This beautifully recreates the scene, and it's all to scale. I love how there weren't any small details left out.

Wow, the size is just astonishing.

It looks great, I can't believe the detail and again just the size.

Impressive!!