Sign in to follow this  
DarkShadow73

9397 Plow/Dumper model

Just curious, haven't seen this one put together obviously and all sites only show the blade in a completely front position, but I am wondering if the blade swivels to the right or left like most plows do? I would imagine so because of the 2 mini-LA's, but I'm not sure as DLuders just posted the 'b' model pdf instructions...anybody know? That would be a definite plus feature.

The front snow blade is able to raise and lower (via mini linear actuator) as well as swivel left to right via 24t and worm gear coupling.

@sama - so it is a manual (hand-turn via the gear wheel?) swivel, and not a motorized feature?

The front snow blade is able to raise and lower (via mini linear actuator) as well as swivel left to right via 24t and worm gear coupling.

Edited by TechnicFreak

@ TechnicFreak: Although it's a bit hard to see, there are knobs on the front to manually swivel the blade:

9397b03.jpg9397_alt4.jpg

Edited by DLuders

@DLuders - Oops, having trouble with IE9 locking up, hit reply too fast. I do see the black 16t double-bevel gears, I suspected that might be the case, but on a lot of pics of this model it looks like the yellow structure supporting the blade might be swiveled slightly left, ah well, no biggie, just glad to have the instructions to build it.

Sending you PM DLuders, got a question since you seem extremely computer literate.

@ TechnicFreak: Although it's a bit hard to see, there are knobs on the front to manually swivel the blade:

9397b03.jpg

Edited by TechnicFreak

@sama - so it is a manual (hand-turn via the gear wheel?) swivel, and not a motorized feature?

Yah, you have to turn those 12t gears you see behind the snow blade in the picture (they also have 16t gears on the same axle for no reason).

Hello.

Thanks to DLuders effort to obtain (Thank you David) the building instructions for the B-model, I've decided to build the B-model first, and then the A-model Logging Truck, because it will remain assembled. The building is pretty long, instruction have 308 pages, but then again, a lot of building steps are the ones, where you just put a pin or two. As Anio mentioned, the features are very innovative for an official set (rear axle, the blade, cabin, dumper). I like this model a lot. I just might bought another set, just because of the B-model.

9397_b_with_box.jpg

9397_b_model.jpg

9397_b_opened.jpg

Here is short video, just to present functions of the truck. IR receiver is installed, for easier presentation.

Enjoy, It is a great truck.

Edited by Povratnik

Does anybody have a picture of leftover parts from this b-model. I have a dilemma on which model to build A or B since both are so great :classic:

@ Tadej: You can look at the Bricklink 9397 Parts Inventory and see the "Extra Items" pictorially listed after the primary "A-Model" is complete. I'm not sure what the extra parts would be for the alternate "B-Model"; most likely they are minor parts too.

Edited by DLuders

I like this B-Model. The only problem is that this model doesn't seem to be available in the Netherlands. :hmpf_bad: Even the Lego Shop-at-home doesn't have it. Only on Ebay for ridiculous prices (€ 149,- and higher for NL lots, € 120,- for German lots, but with up to € 20,- packing costs).

@ Dutch_EE: This Netherlands Bricklink store has them for sale at a good price! NL.gif

You can compare prices amongst all of the Bricklink stores that sell the 9397 Lego Technic Logging Truck set.

Its 98 euros on amazon.de, not sure what shipping to nl is but when I bought the unimog on amazon.fr shipping as under 10 euros so it would still be cheaper. I've seen it on german ebay for 95 w. free batteries and free shipping to DE, should be able to find a better deal than 110/120.

Its 98 euros on amazon.de, not sure what shipping to nl is but when I bought the unimog on amazon.fr shipping as under 10 euros so it would still be cheaper. I've seen it on german ebay for 95 w. free batteries and free shipping to DE, should be able to find a better deal than 110/120.

I hope it's ok to post this here, if not please give me a short note! :)

You can get it, if you can wait a few days (right now it's estimated for 02.05.12), for 88,53€ with delivery to NL. It's at digitalo.de (it's the same shop owner as voelkner.de) for 88,58€, use the discount code "PNL5di2", the gives you 10€, shipping to NL (all EU) is 9,95€ => 88,53€ altogether! ;)

Hope this helps a bit, and once again, hope this is ok this way. Oh, and I'm no way associated to this dealer, I'm just a buyer, that is waiting for the 02.05. :)

Its available almost everywhere now since the official release date of 3-1. Lego S@H is the best bet, since they sell at MSRP.

You can get it, if you can wait a few days (right now it's estimated for 02.05.12), for 88,53€ with delivery to NL. It's at digitalo.de (it's the same shop owner as voelkner.de) for 88,58€, use the discount code "PNL5di2", the gives you 10€, shipping to NL (all EU) is 9,95€ => 88,53€ altogether! ;)

Hope this helps a bit, and once again, hope this is ok this way. Oh, and I'm no way associated to this dealer, I'm just a buyer, that is waiting for the 02.05. :)

I don't mind, if my account weren't completely empty I would get myself a second one right now because its hard to beat that price.

We need a special thread for european technic deals!

Edited by S.I