Sign in to follow this  
Parrothead Rasmus

Wanderin Watto's... with Jar Jar!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I was anticipating a decent amont of money a few weeks ago to buy some of the new Episode I sets, but, it didn't come. Therefore, I worked with the only Episode I set I had: last year's droid carrier. A battle of Naboo MOC wouldn't work, as it would have to be huge and have more than two gungans, so I went for a little vignette:

1330818108m_DISPLAY.jpg

1330818117m_DISPLAY.jpg

Link to MOCpages gallery.

Comments are always appreciated. Thanks for viewing! :classic:

-PR

EDIT: I also have another Star Wars MOC, which can be accessed via my signature.

EDIT #2: The titile should be 'Wandering.' My apologies. :grin:

Very nice. Instantly recognizable, if you just posted the picture with no text, people would know it. With the limited pieces you used, and what the original set was, you did a great job capturing Wattos junkyard. Good addition to the CB.

Nice job Parrothead Rasmus :thumbup:, this really does have the look of Watto's shop :classic:.

Great work 'Parrothead Rasmus' :thumbup: , yes....and a pit droid going off with Jar Jar trying to catch it would be fantastic. :wink:

Hello!

A well-designed vignette. All the little spare parts and pieces make it an authentic place, and with Jar-Jar in their middle, it will end up in a desaster. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I love little vignettes and this one is no exception. Great work capturing the organised mess of Watto's shop, and I love how Jar Jar is whimsically looking for trouble in the center of it all. Hopefully you'll be able to come by a podracer set or a Watto keychain to add the proprietor himself to the scene.

I love little vignettes and this one is no exception. Great work capturing the organised mess of Watto's shop, and I love how Jar Jar is whimsically looking for trouble in the center of it all. Hopefully you'll be able to come by a podracer set or a Watto keychain to add the proprietor himself to the scene.

When Jar-Jar was wandering the shop, Watto was outside with Qui-Gon. :wink:

Great vignette! You've captured the scene perfectly!

I've been working on Watto's Junkyard for awhile now, and this gives me the motivation to keep going. Very cool stuff here. :classic:

Thanks everyone! Concerning the pit droid, I'm not sure how to hake one. :tongue:

Pointer are always welcome!

I think the question is what you want. The Pit Droid is difficult to make since it basically resembles the human shape at roughly 2/3 of its size, has the same functions and looks really, really sweet.

Based on this Pit Droid, I made a "minimum size" approach.

Since currently I don't have a camera and won't be able to get one in the near future, I will give you a quick description of what I did (Bricklink part no. in brackets). If anyone should be able and willing to rebuild and post a picture of it I'd be very grateful:

Place the Technic, Pin 1/2 (4274) on the T Bar (4697b) as it is placed on the reference picture above.

As legs, I simply used 2x Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip (2555).

We still need shoulders, arms, and a head.

So I placed an open O clip (61252) on the pin ("O") points to the back.

Then, I connected a Handlebars (30031) to the clip. The bars are placed on the back, but point forward and resemble the shoulders of the figure.

I attached normal droid arms to the shoulders.

Since I could not connect a 2x2 dish (4740) directly to the stud of the clip, I had to place a 1x1 round plate (4073) between them.

The result is a pretty small Pit Droid (2.6 cm compared to the 4.4 cm of an ARF Trooper, or 59% of the size of an ARF Trooper) which has quite a lot of functions (indivdually moveable legs and arms, rotating torso, upper body can be bent forwards and backwards). Of course it doesn't look as slender as the "real" Pit Droid, but that's basically true for all Lego Star Wars figures, especially the TCW figures.

However, I find that it looks pretty sweet, and it can be arranged in positions that look astonishingly realistic (e. g. running with slightly turned torso).

Edited by Brickadeer

I think the question is what you want. The Pit Droid is difficult to make since it basically resembles the human shape at roughly 2/3 of its size, has the same functions and looks really, really sweet.

[...]

However, I find that it looks pretty sweet, and it can be arranged in positions that look astonishingly realistic (e. g. running with slightly turned torso).

Wow. That's one sweet pit droid- I'll have to try that out. Thanks!

Nice chaos in that room! :blush:

Great work! :thumbup:

Thank you very much LEGO Train 12 Volts! :grin:

very fine,

I like that, because it`s so detailed on a smal plate.

:thumbup: :thumbup: