Brickmamba

[MOC] Dewie

4501 Dew vs Dewie  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dewback do you prefer?

• 4501 OG Dewback
    • Dewie - Purist Style

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey all, I have done a moc of the classic Dewback for the awesome looking new 9490 sand-troopers to ride on. Of course we already have the Dewback that comes with the retired 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina but these are expensive and rare so I thought a purist version would make an interesting little project.

Just for a bit of fun I have added a poll to engage what the members opinions are on this version versus the OG, as usual CC welcome, enjoy

Link to larger pictures here - flickr dewie

6948503875_24270de25f.jpg

6948503993_d868732770.jpg

6802393230_de6b3feaee.jpg

Comparision picture between 4501 OG (left) and Dewie MOC (right)

6802393324_7afd2cc553.jpg

Now that we have the serious stuff out of the way it's party time sand-trooper style! :excited:

6948504311_9969e28d64.jpg

Hello!

Yes, it's great! I appreciate brick-built creatures! It's fantastic you collected so many appropriate sand green pieces to build this Dewback. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, this is better than the original Brickmamba, it looks very like a Dewback, and looks fantastic with the new Sandtroopers.

Wow, this is better than the original Brickmamba, it looks very like a Dewback, and looks fantastic with the new Sandtroopers.

Agreed! This has a certain character that the mid-fig version doesn't have. Thumbs up!!

I like it ,but the tan piece in his mouth is odd to me. Is that teeth or part of the harnes? Other than that it looks great.

Edited by lego envy

This is excellent. You've perfectly captured the Dewback in a style that looks totally LEGO. :thumbup:

Excellent work! :blush: Like others have said, the brick-built quality adds alot more character to the creature than the molded version. :wub: My only suggestion would be to try and make the legs, feet, tail poseable by using hinge plates/bricks. :thumbup:

Great work 'Brickmamba' :thumbup: , I actually like both the Lego moulded and your brick-built one the same so I can't decide. :blush:

Nice to see stormies have a party for a change....must be Vader's birthday ? :laugh:

Brick On 'Brickmamba' ! :wink:

Thanks for the positive comments so far everyone!

This is great! I'd much rather have this one than the official one. Can you post instructions?

Sorry no instructions as of yet

I like it ,but the tan piece in his mouth is odd to me. Is that teeth or part of the harnes? Other than that it looks great.

Yes the round tan piece is suppose to represent mouth/teeth

Excellent work! :blush: Like others have said, the brick-built quality adds alot more character to the creature than the molded version. :wub: My only suggestion would be to try and make the legs, feet, tail poseable by using hinge plates/bricks. :thumbup:

Yes for sure, at the moment the head is the only part that is hinged, making the legs and tail move would be the next evolution of the build, definitely something to think about

This is an awesome looking Dewback! I definitely prefer your brick built over the molded version and I just cast a tie breaking vote.

I like both versions, but there is always something extra cool about a brickbuilt creation - especially one so skillfully crafted as this one :thumbup:

You have caught the features of the dewback superbly and most importantly retained the creature's charm.

Looking very much forward to your instructions - this is simply made for the 'droid escape' set :wink:

This is an awesome looking Dewback! I definitely prefer your brick built over the molded version and I just cast a tie breaking vote.

Thanks heaps!

I like both versions, but there is always something extra cool about a brickbuilt creation - especially one so skillfully crafted as this one :thumbup:

You have caught the features of the dewback superbly and most importantly retained the creature's charm.

Looking very much forward to your instructions - this is simply made for the 'droid escape' set :wink:

Thanks, I reckon Dewie can do with some refinement so will hold off on any instructions until then

Awesome job I like yours way more then the original! If you ever do instructions I will defiantly build some.

I've always been a fan of brickbuilt SW creatures, from BaronSat's Bantha to ACPin's Rancor, and this Dewback certainly ranks among them as one of my favorites! This is indeed a very good alternative to the rare and expensive official LEGO Dewback, and the good thing about this is you could even have a different color variant as you've shown with your tan Dewback. Excellent work overall Brickmamba! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I've always been a fan of brickbuilt SW creatures, from BaronSat's Bantha to ACPin's Rancor, and this Dewback certainly ranks among them as one of my favorites! This is indeed a very good alternative to the rare and expensive official LEGO Dewback, and the good thing about this is you could even have a different color variant as you've shown with your tan Dewback. Excellent work overall Brickmamba! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Wow my first SW blog, thanks! It is interesting that you mention BaronSat, a lot of the inspiration is from his style of builds, he is truly a pioneer in MOCing :thumbup:

Excellent work Brickmamba! He's very cute :wub::wub:

Another vote for the purist version, and it would be great to have a copy of the instructions! :wink: I'm surprised that Lego hasn't released another version of the Dewback, it was have made a great addition to the Droid Escape set.

I know it's your build ,but how would it look or work if the front leg was the same as the back? I was just looking at it and it might look good... :sweet:

I know it's your build ,but how would it look or work if the front leg was the same as the back? I was just looking at it and it might look good... :sweet:

The way it is at the moment I like the distinction between front and back legs, but I can try your suggestion easily enough thanks

Any chance you have made instructions for buiklding it on LDD as its really awesome :)