Sign in to follow this  
tafkatb

Payment problems on S@H

I am trying to place an order on shop.lego.com, and every time I try to enter my credit card information, I get the message,

"Some information was missing or incorrect. Please correct before continuing."

Except nothing is actually missing or incorrect. All the information is there and accurate. LEGO, I am trying to give you my money and you won't let me. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I resolve it, short of using a different card (I only have the one)?

No I have never had payment problems but to get the VIP point update is ALWAYS a problem and they are SO delayed :hmpf_bad:

Sometimes it does not like spaces in credit card numbers... just a thought

I am trying to place an order on shop.lego.com, and every time I try to enter my credit card information, I get the message,

"Some information was missing or incorrect. Please correct before continuing."

Except nothing is actually missing or incorrect. All the information is there and accurate. LEGO, I am trying to give you my money and you won't let me. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I resolve it, short of using a different card (I only have the one)?

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't know what's the problem is but I suggest you call them and sort it out! US number is 1-877-518-5346.

When I called, the customer service rep said he'd never heard of this problem happening before, so I guess I'm just special. He was more than happy to take my order over the phone though, and it seems my card worked fine for that.

Having previously worked for an internet retailer, I can tell you there are TONS of things that can cause this:

Your name doesn't match what's on the card: card says John R Smith but you've put in John Smith or John R. Smith or John Smith (two spaces)

Similarly, something goofy can be going on with the address: statement says 124 Main St. but you've spelled out Street or left off the "." or perhaps while your street is actually called "Maine" street the system has it as "Main" due to some error in the post office database.

Spaces in CC #

You've accidentally clicked "Amex" instead of "Mastercard"

You put in the cell phone # you use for everything but your CC company has that old landline from 8 years ago on file still.

etc, etc...

And add into that: lets say your lego.com account has your address as "Main" street but your CC company has it as "Maine"... you change it and now it matches the CC file but not your lego.com account, etc. (so you're essentially repeating all the other stuff between the two sites instead of just one).

Frankly, I'm surprised someone who works as a call-in rep for a webstore *hasn't* heard of this. I worked for thinkgeek.com for 6 weeks (over a Christmas season) and got that call 3 times a day! Since the errors are usually with the Post Office or Credit Card databases, I'd have to believe that every webstore has those issues.