Angeli

Mirage dragon

Mirage dragon is majestic animal, rarely seen in nature. But there was a legend, that one roams the murky waters of the Misty islands.

deep-01.jpg

And there was a story, about youngest of her daughters, a Drow whose name nobody remembers, as she set on the window, watching high towers of Lith My'athar, logging for the power that could never come to her, as thou she had no connections or conspirators to work with.

But one.

A demon lover. A piscodemon demon. Amphibian demon.

And she sent him deep in enemy lands, to search for the dragon, one that could charm any and all...

The adventurest party of amphibian demons searched trough every corner of deep waters, and finally, they spotted him, sparkling in the dark depts.

Demon can not be charmed, and they surrounded the young dragon, and enslaved him, and broth him to the young Drow girl.

And with his powers, she disposed of her sisters, one by one, and taken the throne room. She called her self Valsharess - the queen on Drow language, and started taking one Drow city by the other, and as powerful that she become, she attracted more Drow warriors around her.

Because, it is common knowledge, Drow respect the power, and gladly follow it, secretly wishing it

...and what happened with the dragon, nobody knows... but, in darkest nights, people say that they can see sparkling from the highest tower in Lith My'athar, and sad howl of a creature logging for deep waters. Maybe some brave advanturist would dare to travel deep into Drow lands and save this creature?

dragon-03.jpg

deep-04.jpgdragon-07.jpg

dragon-08.jpgdragon-12.jpg

Sea flora and fauna:

anemone-04.jpgjellyfish.jpgsea-flor.jpg

seashell-01.jpgseaweed-01.jpg

seaweed-03.jpgdeep-starfish-02.jpg

Demons

piscodemon-berserker.jpgmermaid-sorceress.jpg

Main castle photographs can be found here here

Minifigures photographs can be found here

And there is a small movie (.avi file) on youtube, where you get the feeling about the moc found

And again, on a totally different note, images are SO much better when viewed large :)

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Lith My'athar

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

Rilauven outpost in Mitgardia

Llurth Dreir

And everything is nicely indexed in the topic Drow , featuring hundreds of minifigs in one place.

Edited by Angeli

Wow, this is insane! Cant say much more actually, I'm speechless. The colours, the shapes, the dragon... It all looks so good. Cant wait for the story and more pictures.

Wow! Where do you find the time to crank these out? You must not have kids or a job :wink:

Post a pcture with the black light off. It's all flash and no show. The dragon look's stupid with the black light. I'm sure it look's even worse with the light off. The fauna look's like it would look like some digital space mechanism with the black light off. It dosen't have a fantasty feel to it. This would make great artwork for a Future Sounds of London album! Despite my hate for the drow, this is a really great and creative moc! :thumbup::thumbup:

I've updated the first post with the whole story ;)

Dear NiceMarmotto tell you the truth, I've needed as much time to take pictures, write and code the first post as much time I needed to build this (i.e. I do not have wife and children, but I have ten girls, and it takes more time, doesn't it?:))

Drow rule supreme! :)

And Captain BeerBeard, we hate you greenloving treehugging pointyeared greensleeves even more ;) You will work in the mines, I suspect, if you keep talking to Drow as an equal :)

lisqr! Thanx, it is a compliment coming from the second challenge winner ;) who won also building mythical :)

blaze :) tnx :) wait until you see modified first post :)

Edited by Angeli

Damn that's sweet, I love the uniqueness and scale of it all, the plants, the scene, the dragon and story and the way you use the blacklight on your photos, fantastic! :thumbup:

Brilliant!

but I have ten girls, and it takes more time, doesn't it?:))

LOL. Angeli, you're so modest! We love ya. And your amazing, crazy MOCs.

BTW, the sea flora picture link is broken.

another truly original MOC, great work!

You must be the king of underwater-vegetation. Those flames turn out to be really good as plants, I would never have thought of that.

Angeli, another great build! You are the master of the Subterranean and Underwater builds. The glow and feel that you add to these really make them feel like they belong in those environments!

A great unique build Angeli!! Loving the little jellyfish guys!

Dr Rod

Haha looks like deep inside you, you miss making vegetation for the surface so you make only underwater MOC's with vegetation :laugh:

No seriously, really great job! The way you made those big coloured leaves, it's wonderfull!

Post a pcture with the black light off. It's all flash and no show. The dragon look's stupid with the black light. I'm sure it look's even worse with the light off. The fauna look's like it would look like some digital space mechanism with the black light off. It dosen't have a fantasty feel to it. This would make great artwork for a Future Sounds of London album! Despite my hate for the drow, this is a really great and creative moc! :thumbup::thumbup:

So... do you like the MOC or not? :tongue:

I think the use of black light is the whole point of this MOC. It gives the creation a fantastic out-of-this-world feeling, and makes it really glow. Wonderful job as always, Angeli! :wub:

You are really one of the few MOCers here who can think "outside the box" when it comes to building with LEGO.

So... do you like the MOC or not? :tongue:

I think the use of black light is the whole point of this MOC. It gives the creation a fantastic out-of-this-world feeling, and makes it really glow. Wonderful job as always, Angeli! :wub:

You are really one of the few MOCers here who can think "outside the box" when it comes to building with LEGO.

In human afol form I totally dig it but not in GoH mode. The Drow and Avalonia talk mad trash to each other. I guess it's our weird way of complimenting each other? No it isn't we Avalonian's hate Drow.

In human afol form I totally dig it but not in GoH mode. The Drow and Avalonia talk mad trash to each other. I guess it's our weird way of complimenting each other? No it isn't we Avalonian's hate Drow.

:)

Captain Beerbeard has a long beard because he has a girly chin (all avalonians have, and their girls are quite contrary, but I do not know exactly why do they have beards:)

There is nothing pretty in that yellow skin tone of theirs ;) It's like the whole guild is sick (of being avalonian :)

(disclaimer: no pun intended, minifigs are yellow:)

The only true beauty lies in the blackness of the eye ;) we could tolerate dark red ;)

Just look how pretty our queen is:

val-15.jpg

Just look at that perfect nose ;) Those gazing eyes and breathtaking lips

Rare is the beauty of the DroW!

...and Avalonians still live with their mothers! :)

--

I do not have human afol mode ;)

Drow have occupied my soul and makes parties in it ;)

Btw, I haven't used black light ;) (do not even own it:) it is a simple (and pretty cheap) halogen blue light :) for some reason, it flares up neon trans orange and green, but does nothing else (white is still white, without glow) - check my flickr account (link is at my signature at the bottom of every post)

And somebody asked me how I made those round 2x2 to bend (although I can not find that post now) - It's quite simple, actually, I've used Hose, Rigid 3mm (link to bricklink catalog) and just string them one by one, leaving space between so it can bend (It is quite flexible, but has that plastic-elastic deformation - when you bend him, it stays in that position (but you can bend it back, although it will not return by itself)

75c16.jpg

Dragon is nice, but the thing I like the most is anemone :) it is colorful and such a fun to build (Katie was inspiration, as always when patterns are in question:) I've seen that technique used before, but I did not wish to build it until I've seen her use it ;)

And the dragon is SO heavy! And it has 54 small insectoid wings and four big ones :) and scales all trough the lower part of the body; it has gills and that light on the top of the head that lures wish :)

That blue snot line that goes trough its body, from the head to the tail was the most meticulously thing to build.

zconstruction-01.jpg

The thing about the scene I like the most is the sea shell and the tallest seaweed - I'm a diver, and it looks almost the same as some underwater plants :) - and it bends the same way ;)

zseashell-02.jpgzseashell-01.jpg

zconstruction-02.jpg

And there is one more thing - jellyfish ;)

Made it quite by accident, just trying peaces that I've got from bricklink ;)

zjellyfishnew2.jpgzjellyfishnew.jpg

Angeli, this is great! I love that you use "space and city bricks" and turned them in to these historic bricks! That jelly fish is just so great and yet so simple! Perfect!

That blue snot line that goes trough its body, from the head to the tail was the most meticulously thing to build.

Hee hee!! :tongue:

Dr Rod

Very cool as always ...

As someone that has played and I had a Blacklight fad of their own, it's great to see others take on using blacklight and make things pop.

Also the dragon is great -I struggled greatly building my own just recently - so well done sir!

And it looks super stable too!

Though I must ask ... If you're from Serbia ... why are you watching How I Met Your Mother on CityTV (a Canadian station) ? :laugh:

Though I must ask ... If you're from Serbia ... why are you watching How I Met Your Mother on CityTV (a Canadian station) ? :laugh:

yup, I am trying to make all of my mocs and especially minifigs to be compact and stabile, so they can be played with :)

Btw, I haven't used black light ;) (do not even own it:) it is a simple (and pretty cheap) halogen blue light :) for some reason, it flares up neon trans orange and green, but does nothing else (white is still white, without glow) - check my flickr account (link is at my signature at the bottom of every post)

ahaha and about HYMYM ;) warez-BB is my best friend ;)

I download what I get my hands on ;)

Hee hee!! :tongue:

whaaaaaaat?:))

Deceased Biglbi used to smile to the Drow, and look at him now ;)

--------

I like to put pictures in all my posts ;)

few of the minifigs from this moc:

piscodemon-brawler.jpgpiscodemon-impaler.jpg

Angeli,

another great MOC and a suitably haunting story. Great work, love the plant life and the daemons especially.

:classic:

I respect the drow although I find them a bit single-minded (power, power, power ...).

And the longer I looked at your Moc the more I marveled at it because there are so many fantastic details.

But, these drow-power-fairy-tales do not really suit me as a Kaliphlin myth!

Sorry, but to my knowledge, drow have never and will never be a part of Kaliphlin!

I respect the drow although I find them a bit single-minded (power, power, power ...).

And the longer I looked at your Moc the more I marveled at it because there are so many fantastic details.

But, these drow-power-fairy-tales do not really suit me as a Kaliphlin myth!

Sorry, but to my knowledge, drow have never and will never be a part of Kaliphlin!

Well, they once were conquering all of Historica and were approaching Kaligem, once the capital of Kaliphlin. But thx to the Legendary Warrior of Mitgardia, they had to reduce their armies in Kaliphlin and we could stop the invasion.

for the whole history of Historica: My link (it's the Wikia link as I don't know where the post is at Eurobricks).

They found proof of the drow invasion.

Also a small adding: Kaliphlin once ruled all over Historica. That time Drows (as they are living under Historica) weren't conquered but they did pledged their allegiance to us :classic:

Beautiful MOC! You always have such contrasts of color. I really like your use of the florescent pieces to give this more of an other-wordly look. The dragon is very well done as well, plus there are many little details you've done in this MOC that are great. I especially love the jelly-fish. Great job!

Great work Angeli, i love your underwater scene - must be deep, deep water indeed to have all those flourescent plants and beasties around! :classic: The use of multiple repeating patterns is dazzling to the eye, but somehow meshes very well. Your dragon construction is also great and very reminicent of Siercon and Coral's work. :thumbup: