Sign in to follow this  
dunamis

Racer/Technic 8286 Reviewed!

Nitro Intimidator Reviewed by Dunamis

Set 8682

724 Pieces

$49.95 from LEGO Retail Store (Burbank, CA)

Build time 4.0 hours

The Box:

Standard LEGO box with breakable perforated tabs and two sticker seals. It does seem like a departure for the typical printed design though, as it seems more stylish and kind of grabs your attention with some interesting comments on the box.

8682-6.jpg

8682-4.jpg

For starters, it says

Edited by xwingyoda

Great review Dunamis *y*

I was going to give this one a miss but followin that review I will look to see if I can find it on sale as a few of my local shops have it in stock.

Also, I came across a piece that I did not recognize. Now, I have built a number of Technic sets in my day but this one threw me for a loop. I

Really great and extensive review Dunamis ;-) Many tks for taking the time to do it (after your wife's bday :-P ) ;-)

Its fun to see that mix of Technic/Racer set: it has that feel of Racer in Technic bricks ;-)

I really like the overall design and "playability" features of the rear of the truck but like you I am really disappointed at the lack of a decent engine !! Also I am disappointed by the lack of specific Technic parts like suspension, engine pistons, treads (...) Its those parts that made me venture into the wonderfull world of Technic with the street bike ;-)

I think you have the wrong picture posted here.

I had seen your photos posted on brickshelf and the piece you refer to appears in 8416 Forklift, 8435 4WD and 8420 Street Bike so consider your builder card recalled. X-D

I edited the pic for you Dunamis ;-)

Cheers,

*yoda*

Thanks for fixing the picture for me. As you both realized, I had the wrong image.

I knew someone would have seen that part before - it was just new to me. Funny thing is, I have all three of those sets you listed. I just haven't had time to build them yet *wacko*

Great review. *y* I love the entertainment system details and the cool color scheme, but as usual, no buy from me (I'm not a big techinc fan, and system and Bionicle appeals to me more. Plus, Technic can be a very pricy lego hobby! X-D ). Lets hope that people will make reviews for the 2007 technic kits! ;-)

Nice review! Good pics too. The mystery piece is also in all six MAtoran fron 2003, as well as Jaller ang Gukko, Takua and Pewku, and the Visorak.

In my opinion, I found this to be kind of boring. I bought it because the power was out in my area for a week and I was absolutely dying for something to do, so I took a trip 60 miles to the next city over and bought a ton of lego sets, this being one of them.

Essentially, it's a black technic parts pack to me (price was nice though), with a few huge single-use pieces thrown in. Other than that, the review pretty much covered everything.

I'm late! Nice review, really details! This truck remind me of some "Pimp my ride" cars shown on Mtv. I'm not a fan! But nice review!