Sign in to follow this  
Jareth

MOC: Bridal Couple

Some of my friends are getting married soon, and here's what I'm building for them

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5334000

The difficult part has been getting the parts. I'm insisting on "new Pieces" for a work this important.

What still needs to be done? Well, one of the ushers needs some work. The one that has a beard shouldn't. I also might change the groom's and usher's hips a little, and I also might take the gloves off the groom and ushers. Too bad many parts are not available in Dark Tan. Oh, The arbor in the background needs a few more parts as well.

Looks nice,

why don't you include it directly in your post using the image button?!!!

I like the bow very much. Also the hair of the ladies :) it is miniland size isn't it!

why don't you include it directly in your post using the image button?!!!

I would say he did not because it is a 4000 x 3000 image. Max here is 800 x 600 :wink:

Nice build! By "building for them" do mean that this is your wedding gift to them?

Might I suggest instead of using the 1x4 plate for the bridesmaid arms, maybe switch to a 1x4 tile?

I am in a wedding in February and the colors are also red/black/white. The groomsmen are wearing ties however.

Looks great - keep us updated on the finished product.

Edited by legomaniac83

Very nice! But why does the groom have studs for eyes while the others don't?

Very nice! But why does the groom have studs for eyes while the others don't?

I think those studs represent glasses, or am I mistaken?

I like them! The bow tie is a nice detail :classic:

Thanks for your compliments and questions. Allthough other people did a great job answering questions before I could, I thought I'd give my own responses for clarification/confirmation.

@ JopieK: Allan Smith is right. I don't own a computer so I'm limited to about 2 hours a day using a computer library. This makes learning new computer skills difficult. Hopefully I'll learn to resize pictures soon. Perhaps the Groom will teach me how after the honeymoon.

@ legomaniac83: Yes, it's a gift, I am also working with a freind to make a similar set for a wedding in July. That one the bride actually plans on displaying at the wedding! Also, unfortunatelly dark tan is the color I used for most of the people and it is not available in many shapes. I would have used 1x4 hinge plates for the arms, but no dice. 1x4 tiles are not available in dark tan, but it is a good idea. If you look closely you will see that the necks look a little odd. Thats because 2x2 plates aren't available either, and I had to make the connection in a different way.

On the plus side because the hinge plates I wanted to use were not available it forced me to come up with an alternative build and that allowed me to use tiles for the shoulders.

@K-nut and kciR: Yes, the groom is wearing glasses and actually they are 1x1 round tiles from brickforge (also known as lense piece)

Hmm.....I should have taken pictures of the backs as well.

Great job, the dresses are well done and I like it that you gave one of the guys a beard!

Wow! These are lovely custom figures...your friends are lucky people!

Very creative use of many different bricks....love your colors, too.

It is sad that there are so few bricks released in the pastel colors because they are perfect for wedding scenes like this. Maybe the new Friends sets will give us more choices in pastel bricks as new sets come out.

Again a very nice custom set of figures that should receive a lot of praise at and after a wedding.

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

bridal1.1.jpg

He is the final version of the first of two wedding parties I am making. If you saw the older version you can see that I had to make some changes.

1. Fans instead of bouquets

2. Usher with glasses

3. No beard on usher

4. Groom and ushers have suits, not tuxes

5. Base of Arch stablized

More pics available here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=493788

Edited by Rufus
Indexed & Merged