Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

The YARR-ship

My good man...the Brickshelf gallery is not public yet, can you post some deeplinks???

You mean post pics in this thread?? I would like to but i'm not aware how to do it.

And by the way; in which folder do you guys usually post you Pirate-MOC's?? I've posted it in the folder called "My own creation", but i have found lots of pirate ships in the folder called "Castle"

Well, it is not big but certainly nice!!!!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/oDDerFis...R/yarr-ship.jpg

Too bad the pics are very big, if you had smaller ones, you could post them into threads...

If you ever need hull parts for your ships you can always visit Bricklink

I like the colour scheme.

You should make topic for the fortress and harbour too! I think it all looks very nice!

Well, it is not big but certainly nice!!!!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/oDDerFis...R/yarr-ship.jpg

Too bad the pics are very big, if you had smaller ones, you could post them into threads...

If you ever need hull parts for your ships you can always visit Bricklink

I like the colour scheme.

You should make topic for the fortress and harbour too! I think it all looks very nice!

Well thank you very much Mr Tiber.

I see the point in making a thread for the harbour and for the fortress.

I also like the read and black colorscheme (thats why i build it that way ;-) ) but it is not coplete. In the middle of the hull you see the yellow bricks, but that only because i didn't have more of the red or black |-/ That is the most annoying thing i think. When i try to make a colorscheme and then i don't got bricks enough >:-(

Anyway: nice that you like it :-)

This is an inventive way to make your ship longer without having to buy hull pieces.

I was particulary paying attention to the colors you used since I'm in the middle of building a ship (The Excalibur) with red and black. I was looking for a third color to add to these. Maybe grey is a good idea (like you did).

Your anchor is also inventive :-).

You mast is also quite nice. Not the regular mast you see on most ships (with the standard lego masts).

Maybe I get less creative since I buy everything I need on Bricklink.

I didn't have that luxory a few years ago (before I discovered BL).

I see you have the same "dust problem" as I have. Now I'm using a toothbrush and my fathers compressor to undust my lego sets from time to time (not a fun job).

Might I suggest you make your pictures a bit smaller.

A good (and free) program to do this is Irfanview. It can even resize a bunch of pictures at once (in a batch).

You can display them in this thread by using [*img]http://www.brickshelf-deeplink/picture-name.gif[/*img] (but remove the *'s).

A deeplink in brickshelf is what you get when you really click on a picture and save the url (should be .gif or .jpg at the end).

Finally i have taken the pictures to be taken, and here there are My first MOC enjoy

I would like to hear comments.

It looks like you've got a few interesting MOCs in that folder and I'd recommend you put each MOC in a sub-folder otherwise every time you upload new pictures the entire folder is going to be inaccessible due to moderation. And we can't post the pictures in the thread because they're waaaaay too big.

As for comments about the YARR... First, why is it called "The YARR-ship?". Did it derive from pirate talk like "YAAAAAR HAAA HAAA MATEY!!!"

As for comments about the YARR... First, why is it called "The YARR-ship?". Did it derive from pirate talk like "YAAAAAR HAAA HAAA MATEY!!!"

Yeah. I didn't knew what to call my ship and since I go around and tell YARR to everyone i thought that was a good name.

I have been so kind as to resize an image of the YARR Ship so its suitable for posting in a thread. This should help the responses along.

yarr-ship.jpg

I have been so kind as to resize an image of the YARR Ship so its suitable for posting in a thread. This should help the responses along.

Thank you very much Mister Phes. That was so kind of you *sweet* *y*

Well here is my 2 cents. First of all, yes its a good MOC. It could though get better. Color Scheme, a little too plain, some things look to be not so solid(The mast) little details, and I find that the center piece looks funny cause off all the different colors. But, in the end, its a nice ship.

Well here is my 2 cents. First of all, yes its a good MOC. It could though get better. Color Scheme, a little too plain, some things look to be not so solid(The mast) little details, and I find that the center piece looks funny cause off all the different colors. But, in the end, its a nice ship.

I can tell you that the mast is not at all solid. I breaks if I am moving the ship to fast.

What? No cropping the wasted space at the left of the picture too?

:-D

It looks like it shouldn't be hard to make the mast more solid with a Technic axle, maybe 10 long. But you'll have to make the plates directly underneath the black mast Technic plates with holes.

I like the rear facing cannon. *pirate*

I can tell you that the mast is not at all solid. I breaks if I am moving the ship to fast.

Would it be possbile to use Technic axels to strengthen it?

I.e. pieces like this

3706.png

Yeah, I can see your problem with limited pieces in terms of color scheme.

But even with limited pieces, I think you did an excellent job with the rock structuring on the harbor.

The mast seems to be a general point of concern for all, and I agree, I think it needs to be strengthened in some way. It appears to me, however, that maybe the mast/barrels actually don't connect to the structure above it! a round plate (heck any plate 2x2 or bigger) might do the trick on top of the barrels and connected the structure above it.

I have also used inverted slopes instead of Lego hulls in the middle of a ship because I didn't have enough pieces. It is not necessarily bad if you can use it as a design element, though I can hear you on the general lack of pieces! As has been mentioned, Bricklink is an excellent source for getting new pieces... if you have some cash and Paypal that is!

Since it appears you do have some dark gray (as used on the some on the rocks) I might also suggest replacing the 1x12 (2x12?) across the bottom between the two Lego hulls with Dark Grey, it would connect the front and back of ship nicely.

I have also used inverted slopes instead of Lego hulls in the middle of a ship because I didn't have enough pieces. It is not necessarily bad if you can use it as a design element, though I can hear you on the general lack of pieces! As has been mentioned, Bricklink is an excellent source for getting new pieces... if you have some cash and Paypal that is!

I've seen log walls used for ship hulls before and I don't think they really work since the wood runs horizontally in hulls, not vertically.

Wouldn't it be marvellous is that LEGO company developed a smaller hull section that could be expanded horizontall and vertically.

Kinda using the concept these bricks use:

30156px1.jpg

Would it be possbile to use Technic axels to strengthen it?

I.e. pieces like this

3706.png

You are so right. And i've actually already done that. But the problem is where the mast is grounded. That is where it is unstabil.

But i think i will build another ship as soon as I've got the time.

Thx very much ZCerberus :-)

You are so right. And i've actually already done that. But the problem is where the mast is grounded. That is where it is unstabil.

Thx very much ZCerberus :-)

I'm the one who suggested to use the Technic axels!!! What are you thanking ZCerberus for!!!

But what does this mean?

But i think i will build another ship as soon as I've got the time.

That you're going to abandon The YARR-ship?

I must admit I like the harbour better than the ship. Especially the small skull logo, and scenery work. Good work!

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm the one who suggested to use the Technic axels!!! What are you thanking ZCerberus for!!!

But what does this mean?

It is only because he likes me better. We are close personal friends. Okay, so we have never actually met, but it is nice to hear an thank you (unwarranted or not) every once-in-a-while!

Maybe he took some of my other advice to heart, and he is thanking me for that! I did see the axel thing mentioned a couple of times, and it apparently didn't work for him. Oh well! perhaps the plate Idea I suggested worked out.

I've seen log walls used for ship hulls before and I don't think they really work since the wood runs horizontally in hulls, not vertically.

Wouldn't it be marvellous is that LEGO company developed a smaller hull section that could be expanded horizontall and vertically.

Kinda using the concept these bricks use:

30156px1.jpg

Yeah, I am not such of fan of the logs, you are right, they do not run in the right direction. The inverted slopes do okay, but they are too "sharp" to double as boat hulls. What Lego really needs is an inverted ROUNDED slope. We would have huge. super long Pirate ships then!

I know it was you, and I am sorry that i made it so unclear what i was thanking for, but it was his opinion about my ship and harbour i was hanking him for.
But what does this mean?

Yes i think so, 'caus if i want to make another ship i have to destroy the YARR-ship.. (because i need the bricks :-( (

really your first MOC???????

I love it...is a piece of art! the ship and the island! congrats man....inly a bad pint about the sails of the ship...i think it must have more than a sail and building the mast with barrels was a great idea...and you haven't ship scales and put normal scales in the left and right side of the mast...but is cool anyway