WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

I think we are now left with less than 3 weeks!!! 'Hello', where are the Category B entries? :look:

My entry for Category B is built and photographed ... just need to sort through the photos and upload them when I get some time ... which should hopefully be within the next few days.

Edited by Darkblane

Is CamelBoy68's Category B entry a qualifying entry? I thought it has to have a minifigure from one of the other series and isn't supposed to have a stand-in for the S6 minifig. :look:

Still working on my entry. The community builds were taking up all my MOCing time, but now that they're over, I should have enough time to finish up my entry.

I just uploaded my cat. A entry and I've already started my cat. B entry. :classic:

The core of the concept has been build, I only have to make it more attractive ;)

Is CamelBoy68's Category B entry a qualifying entry? I thought it has to have a minifigure from one of the other series and isn't supposed to have a stand-in for the S6 minifig. :look:

Still working on my entry. The community builds were taking up all my MOCing time, but now that they're over, I should have enough time to finish up my entry.

Rule 8 from the front page:

All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.

I took that to mean at least one minifig should be used but not the S6 one that the scene relates to... :sceptic:

Edited by CamelBoy68

As Easter's coming up, can we do a religious themed creation? Or is there some rule against that. I just don't want to offend anyone.

Rule 8 from the front page:

All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.

I took that to mean at least one minifig should be used but not the S6 one that the scene relates to... :sceptic:

I think you're supposed to have a minifig from one of the 5 previous series to interact with your imaginary S6 figure, in addition to whatever other minifigs you want to include (see rule 1). You could just switch your alien out with the S3 alien (if you have that) and you're good :sweet:

Think out of the box :wink:. I have an idea for an entry, but still working out the details...

And done, entry posted :grin:

I think you're supposed to have a minifig from one of the 5 previous series to interact with your imaginary S6 figure, in addition to whatever other minifigs you want to include (see rule 1). You could just switch your alien out with the S3 alien (if you have that) and you're good :sweet:

And done, entry posted :grin:

All done, thanks. :classic:

As Easter's coming up, can we do a religious themed creation? Or is there some rule against that. I just don't want to offend anyone.

It's alright to post it as long you are not intend to do anything hostile or rude.

All done, thanks. :classic:

I haven't see the previous entry of yours, but it looks fine. Perhaps, I will like you to add a better written description to let us know where Lady Liberty is, after the S3 Alien minifig took over her position.

To all contestants, please try and finalise your entries and as much as possible, refrain from editing it further! Thank you.

Please note of the existing deadline. I may or may not extend the deadline, but don't attempt to test it. Thank you.

To all contestants, please try and finalise your entries and as much as possible, refrain from editing it further! Thank you.

Please note of the existing deadline. I may or may not extend the deadline, but don't attempt to test it. Thank you.

I just need to photograph my entry. I'll have the new version up tomorrow or the next day.

WhiteFang, I have been wondering, why is there a rule that you can vote only if you have joined prior to the contest? This question was just something that popped up in my mind, and I have been curious for a while. Thanks a lot.

Edited by TrumpetKing67

For category B, how loose is the definition of architecture and who's the judge? Is any building going to count as an architecture piece? What happens to entries that doesn't meet the "requirement"? And how important is it to identify the architecture style?

WhiteFang, I have been wondering, why is there a rule that you can vote only if you have joined prior to the contest? This question was just something that popped up in my mind, and I have been curious for a while. Thanks a lot.

To prevent new members who signed up recently to come in only to vote for the contest which can be very dubious.

For category B, how loose is the definition of architecture and who's the judge? Is any building going to count as an architecture piece? What happens to entries that doesn't meet the "requirement"? And how important is it to identify the architecture style?

Lisqr, you can be sure that the definition of Architecture in Category B is pretty loose. You can definitely modelled like those Architecture scale as much as possible and if you can't do it, then you must at least include an Architecture design (fiction or non-fiction). So, in this case, it is really up to the builder. The judge in terms of the entry qualification will be mainly done by me. As much as possible, I will encourage the participant to do it in Architecture Style since the CMF Contest is in conjunction with the EB Architecture Month. If not, at least include an architectural building. Hope I make sense to you.

Hi WhiteFang,

Would you mind checking my entry in case you feel it would be disqualified?

At certain 'Times' the clock would exceed the 2-stud overhang rule - I've checked the rest of the model and the base fits on an 8x8 with minimal overhang, and the rest of the model is within 2-studs, but if the 'Big hand' would disqualify me I can amend the model.

Thanks

Edited by Solitary Dark

Hi WhiteFang,

Would you mind checking my entry in case you feel it would be disqualified?

At certain 'Times' the clock would exceed the 2-stud overhang rule - I've checked the rest of the model and the base fits on an 8x8 with minimal overhang, and the rest of the model is within 2-studs, but if the 'Big hand' would disqualify me I can amend the model.

Thanks

Your entry is alright, but may I request you to place the entry on an 8x8 studs, taking it from top view. I just want to see it from that angle. I will accept the 'big' hand but I just want to 'confirm' to see the base of the built is within the given range.

Your entry is alright, but may I request you to place the entry on an 8x8 studs, taking it from top view. I just want to see it from that angle. I will accept the 'big' hand but I just want to 'confirm' to see the base of the built is within the given range.

Thanks WhiteFang, I've added an image which shows the construction of the base on top of 2 4x8 baseplates - there is a small overhang of the outer steps on either side. The front step is then on the eigth stud out from the back

I'll amend the model if you feel this breaks the rule. I would be able to do that and happily keep the character of the model.

Is it ok to do a model of an arcitectural landmark for catagory B? In other words, can I make a model of, say, the Eiffel Tower (not that that's what I plan on doing) and submiti it (with the other requirments) as a sene in a musem, for example?

Also, can the lady liberty be used as a statue?

Edited by Kai NRG

To prevent new members who signed up recently to come in only to vote for the contest which can be very dubious.

And how about allowing voting for members that joined after the start of the contest AND submitted an entry (that is not disqualified)?

It would be nice to be able to vote as long as I also entered in the competition. I don't think people would join and take the effort to submit an entry just to manipulate the voting.

(Of course the rules might not change for this contest... But maybe for the next? :classic: )

Thanks WhiteFang, I've added an image which shows the construction of the base on top of 2 4x8 baseplates - there is a small overhang of the outer steps on either side. The front step is then on the eigth stud out from the back

I'll amend the model if you feel this breaks the rule. I would be able to do that and happily keep the character of the model.

It is qualified. No worries.

Is it ok to do a model of an arcitectural landmark for catagory B? In other words, can I make a model of, say, the Eiffel Tower (not that that's what I plan on doing) and submiti it (with the other requirments) as a sene in a musem, for example?

Also, can the lady liberty be used as a statue?

Eiffel Tower, Museum and Lady Liberty monument(without the liberty) is considered to be a form of Architectural design.

And how about allowing voting for members that joined after the start of the contest AND submitted an entry (that is not disqualified)?

It would be nice to be able to vote as long as I also entered in the competition. I don't think people would join and take the effort to submit an entry just to manipulate the voting.

(Of course the rules might not change for this contest... But maybe for the next? :classic: )

New members joining after the start of the contest, is allow to submit their entries. I didn't say they are not allowed.

New members joining after the start of the contest, is not allow to vote for any entries! That's the difference.

New members joining after the start of the contest, is allow to submit their entries. I didn't say they are not allowed.

New members joining after the start of the contest, is not allow to vote for any entries! That's the difference.

I think you misread my text... :classic:

I know I'm allowed to enter in the competition and I already did! :wink:

I only thought, it would also be nice to be allowed to vote as long as I also entered in the competition.

So:

Joined after start of contest: allowed to vote only if submitted an entry

Joined before the start: allowed to enter and/or vote (as before)

In short: In my opinion everyone entering in the competition should also be allowed to vote.

Hi everybody!

I completely re-did my Category A entry, so please go back to the first page of entries and have another look!

Thanks, and it's appreciated so much!

Sorry for the bad photography, that's what happens when I'm in a rush :look:

thanks!!

I was just checking so I wouldn't be disqualified :classic:

Posted my entry last night after some silly errors with deep linking on my part. My first attempt so I hope it is acceptable, I am afraid my photographic skills are not very good at all.