Legostein

Aquasharks Crystal Cave

Hello everybody!

The old transparent-neon orange is one of my favourite colours, and thus it's my pleasure to present a new micromisation to you which features this colour. :classic: It's a micro version of set 6190 - Shark's Crystal Cave from the year 1996. It's part of the Aquasharks subtheme of the Aquazone line of sets. :classic:

The most tricky part of the submarine was the double engine on the rear tail. I wanted to use those underwater scooters, but these are hardly attachable in a convenient way without leaving ugly gaps in the constructions. Finally it worked out pretty well, fortunately. :classic:

Thanks for stepping by!

Christopher

6190-micro-1.jpg

This is adorable! I had this set growing up. Looking back it's far from the best set (was that piddly little cave really the closest we got to an Aquasharks base?), but nonetheless looking at this microscale version brings back memories. Props for using the undersea scooter pieces; they're amazing parts, but you don't have to tell me how hard they are to integrate into a MOC!

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason? I like your MOC, its simple but esthethic. Hope to see more.

Brilliant job with this micro build, I was amazed when I looked at the original set how accurate this is. You even included the bushes in the corner of the baseplate. :thumbup: That shark is dead cute too! :wub:

I would love to make this myself and keep it displayed on a shelf. Can you post directions and a parts list?

A nice and cute tribute to a set I managed to get a few years ago, never had the original set from my childhood. The transparant neon orange is especially a treat for the eyes with black lighting in the dark. The Aquazone universe comes to life this way like a dark underwater world.

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason?

You answerd your first question already and they have a certain esthetics that current sets don't have. For example the Neo Classic Space theme got quite some followers that appreciate and MOC in the that style, while most of them weren't even born back then.

Oh wow! I always wanted that set when I was little, that microscale version is super cute! You truely are the Microscale master :thumbup:

I didn't have this set either - but this is fantastic.

The micro shark and oh golly the whole thing is well done :wub:

I loved the aquasharks back in the day. That set being one of my favorites. The micro version is a great rendition. I instantly could imagine the larger set in my mind. Well done!

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! :classic: It's been a pleasure building this and it makes me happy when you are happy with it. :classic:

I would love to make this myself and keep it displayed on a shelf. Can you post directions and a parts list?

There are no instructions yet, unfortunately, sorry.

Great job, Legostein! Will you be making more Mini-Aquazone MOCs?

I have nothing particularly planned at the moment, but it's quite probable that there will be more at some time. :classic:

Thanks again all, and see you around!

~ Christopher

Hello again!

Okay, well, I had many left-over parts of the shopping session for the construction of set 6190. :classic: Enough pieces to also do the smaller Aquashark submarine set 6155 - Deep Sea Predator. :classic:

6155-micro-1.jpg

Maybe it's now time for one of the yellow Aquanaut submersibles. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wonderful microscale MOCs, both of them. I always liked the colors on the Aquasharks. They seem to be very accurate to the full size versions.

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason? I like your MOC, its simple but esthethic. Hope to see more.

I think they tend to look better, and I also like that they aren't normally as cluttered with play features.

Hello again!

Okay, well, I had many left-over parts of the shopping session for the construction of set 6190. :classic: Enough pieces to also do the smaller Aquashark submarine set

I had this set as a kid and I thought it was awesome. You tiny rendition is great!

Nothing new to add, but I also think these are great. Especially the Deep Sea Predator... and the cute little shark.

Aquasharks was one of the lines I always wished got more sets, if only just a proper base.

Love it. Of course I had almost all the aquazone sets when I was a kid so I'm all nostalgic. Keep up the awesome work Legostein!

Aquazone is certainly where I call my home, but I've never seen anyone do a micro set as well as you. They stand out so well, and are so faithful to the original. It is amazing work!