Hive

Forum skins -- Comments and Issues

...I love it!

Very streamlined and smooth on the eyes. Good work, you get my highest praise! :thumbup:

Edited by Fugazi
changed title to create reference thread

I've just noticed it now. Very professional, my compliments to whomever it may concern.

It looks great, albeit a bit dark fr my tastes. I'll be fine with it, however, until the next one appears! :classic:

Agreed. Although, it took me a while to notice it, since I spend almost all my time in the Games forum. :laugh:

Agreed. Although, it took me a while to notice it, since I spend almost all my time in the Games forum. :laugh:

You bet you do! :tongue: ( Back on Topic) It does look really professional. :thumbup:

This looks great. I know you guys like to change it up, but I can honestly say I think you should stick with this one and never let it go. This looks brilliant.

I really love the way the stars were rendered in the logo :wub:

It's a composite effort.

Rufus Banner design.

Brickthing EB logo

Shadows General skin help and theming.

This looks great. I know you guys like to change it up, but I can honestly say I think you should stick with this one and never let it go. This looks brilliant.

:laugh: It'll probably end up being used in "Special".

It's a composite effort.

Rufus Banner design.

Brickthing EB logo

Siegfried Sweating in the hot Sydney sun. :tongue:

But great work everyone. :thumbup:

I'm especially fond of the EB logo; very inspired work on that, Brickthing!

Rufus' general banner design is also extremely sleek and impressive; as has been, I'm sure, Sieggy's sweating in the Australian sun :tongue:

As to Shadows, well, we all know nothing is possible without Shadows anyway :classic:

Seriously though, great job you guys. Thanks!!!

I love it as well, the reply buttons stick out and little, but the color matches other accents so it makes sense.

Very well done.

It's a composite effort.

Rufus Banner design.

Brickthing EB logo

Hmm. Never realized there were multiple people working on that, always figured we had one person designing all of that stuff.

Like I said in the Architecture Month topic, great work guys. Love the logo. :thumbup:

Anyways, I found a minor problem. It doesn't bug me, but I thought I'd report it: If I go to a profile, the tabs next to 'About Me' ('Topics', 'Posts', and 'Gallery') have black text and a black background. The buttons are still there are clickable, but they appear invisible.

Good work! :thumbup: The reply buttons are a little dark for my liking, but why nitpic as insignificant things like that? :classic:

If I go to a profile, the tabs next to 'About Me' ('Topics', 'Posts', and 'Gallery') have black text and a black background. The buttons are still there are clickable, but they appear invisible.

I just noticed that too. It's a bit irritating, at first I thought the other tabs were gone. Only the currently selected tab is visible, the other three disappear.

I just noticed that too. It's a bit irritating, at first I thought the other tabs were gone. Only the currently selected tab is visible, the other three disappear.

Never thought anyone used those tabs. I'll see what I can do.

Yep. :laugh:

Added: I see the problem, IPB uses those bar settings in two places, one that on a light skin will end up the same, but on a dark skin, one ends up light and one dark. I've dealt with it, and then fixed the resulting disaster momentarily caused by their odd choice.

TL;DR: FIXED! :wink:

Never thought anyone used those tabs. I'll see what I can do.

Added: I see the problem, IPB uses those bar settings in two places, one that on a light skin will end up the same, but on a dark skin, one ends up light and one dark. I've dealt with it, and then fixed the resulting disaster momentarily caused by their odd choice.

TL;DR: FIXED! :wink:

Thanks, Shadows. :classic:

I don't really use those tabs that often, but if I see a member with a few posts which border on spam but might not be, that tab is a little more convenient than using the Advanced Search to check other posts before I report, since I'm already on the member's profile page.

Great new design you guys. :thumbup: I would love to see this one stick around. The logo with the brick and stars is fantastic.

It's certainly very slick!

It actually inspired me to put together an update to the LDD forum logo, so that it uses a font more like the one used in LDD itself (although not quite an exact match):

LDD%20logo.png

I do like the look of the new skin quite a bit. If I might make a suggestion for future updates: I think a "white" colored skin using the same basic design could work a little better, since LEGO doesn't really remind me of dark coloration as much as clean, soft colors. Mind you, this isn't bad, but I think a simple color palette swap could make it even better.

Since there is a topic, I must commend you three for making such a professional and sleek banner. Even without the use of Minifigs this certainly has a LEGO feel to it; one that is more adult.

Good job! :thumbup:

It's certainly very slick!

It actually inspired me to put together an update to the LDD forum logo, so that it uses a font more like the one used in LDD itself (although not quite an exact match):

LDD%20logo.png

Really nice! I'll take it! :classic:

BTW: Could you try to nudge the whole block of text a bit up? The "Digital Designer" text is centered, but it makes the "and other digital tools" a bit too low. I'd like to see what it looks like if you move both pieces of text updwards a small bit (like 5 mm or so).