Sign in to follow this  
Vestabuyer

MOC: Meat Shop

indexed.gif B-OV-27D

Greetings! :classic:

This is my first attempt at MOC building so be easy!!! :laugh: I figured with the recent release of minifigure series 6, that I would make a "home" for the friendly butcher.

6913845299_914526e77d_z.jpg

I was inspired to use the 8x16 base plate that was used on so many sets when I was growing up. Some examples include the Hamburger Stand, Pizza to Go, Bike Repair from City Corner, and Toys 'R' Us. This quaint meat shop contains a cash register, meat scale and meat display. It should feel right at home admist the other 8x16 small structures. Enjoy! :laugh:

6913845449_a07d3611b1_z.jpg

6913845577_641def4a57_z.jpg

6913845163_4d169e6868_z.jpg

Edited by Phred
Made images larger.

Nice little butchery! the signboard outside is great!

however what a time for you to post this for me to see as it is nearing lunchtime here(in Singapore)! :laugh:

Nice little market there, but...does your sign say, "YOU CAN BEAT OUR PRICES."? Shouldn't it say can't. :tongue: I like the custom stickers and it's a nice interior, every detail of a meat shop that should be there, is.

Nice little market there, but...does your sign say, "YOU CAN BEAT OUR PRICES."? Shouldn't it say can't. :tongue: I like the custom stickers and it's a nice interior, every detail of a meat shop that should be there, is.

Greetings! :classic:

Yeah, I was afraid of that. The sign actually reads: "You can beat our prices...but you can't beat our meat!" The rest of the sign is a bit recessed behind the roof facade at that picture angle.

Neat little butchershop there 'Vestabuyer', you could of continued the tiled floor where the butcher stands though....but in any case - a great 8x16 MOC perfect for any Lego city or town. :classic:

Brick On 'Vestabuyer' ! :classic:

I like it and thought the sign was quite funny and accurate. You can't beat Walmart prices on meat, but for a little extra you get better quality meat. Anyway great MOC 'Vestabuyer' default_classic.gif

Nice one! And I agree. A lot of collectible minifigures really needs their own little shop, car, venue etc. And small 8x16's are a great way of emploing them, in Lego City.

Your shop could fit in next to this little one...

Great MOC, 'Vestabuyer'!

I really like the use of the decals. The meat shop makes a great 16-wide building! :classic:

I like it, to a degree.

First, I'm surprised no one has made an inappropriate joke by now, so, *insert inappropriate joke here*. :devil: Secondly, I like the build, the idea, and your design. But I personally think that there isn't enough closure on open backed buildings. But that's me! :laugh:

Great job!

Dakar