Christoph

Fountain of Wisdom

I am a truth-seeker, I do not deny truth, so I know that my embassy comes to late for the competition. Nevertheless, have a look and learn!

The embassy I built is located in a backyard somewhere in the midst of the great city of Albion.

embassyschool1.jpg

This is a story about the 'Fountain of Wisdom' with which I was travelling through the lands of Avalonia.

The animals in my caravan were fully packed and had to carry a heavy burden. This is because I knew that the building materials in Avalonia were limited to stone and wood. How primitive!

embassyschool2.jpg

Although cold and wet, the land of Avalonia is beautiful. The people are welcoming and helpful. Their manners, however, are a bit rude. They like to fight and do not wash their hands before dinner.

embassyschool3.jpg

They have cosy homes and their leisure time is filled with drinking, eating, and burping. What else is there to life?

embassyschool4.jpg

Elementary calculus, reading comprehension, and writing skills are the foundation of civilization. This is the gift from the people of Kaliphlin in order to support international understanding: education.

embassyschool5.jpg

In the tent of education all pupils are welcome. Knights and servants, women and men, young and old ... but not all can appreciate the blessing of wisdom (as you see, sometimes I have to scold).

embassyschool6.jpg

Yours,

Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā

PS: The inhabitants of the household thank Rasputin Jone for the glass windows I brought with me. They really need our southern luxury since it becomes freezing in the nights!

Haha nice MOC!!!

Don't teach them the very difficult maths and sciences, that's for Kaliphlins only :laugh:

But it's maybe good to teach them how to read and spell :classic: Maybe now they will be able to read my letters and I will have the chance to see my 2 lost scouts again :laugh:

It are really beautiful Albion buildings as well, but I have to disappoint you, Avalonians are difficult people and those houses will never be a part of Albion I fear :angry:

Wow, this is fabulous! So many excellent details, the curved wall, the school sign, the fountain.... The Avalonian buildings look very authentic, and what a brilliant set-up. Abū Alī, you have excelled the bounds of generosity with this wonderful gift to Avalonia. Please do not share our experiments in Opticks or Al-Chymy too widely with Avalonia!

I would suggest that this will be an excellent free build, even if a bit too late to be an embassy

:classic:

Edited by robuko

I have to agree, don't teach them too much. They are so concerned with embracing the mysteries of life, they have not bothered to figure them out and improve them...

Great MOC, I love the idea! Very different than what many had in mind, and that makes it a great addition to our powerful Foreign Ministry. I really like the furniture!

An absolute shame this a few days late, because this is a great embassy! Still, it makes for a great free build. Even though I am also a Southerner, I will just call you Abu, because the entire name is too difficult for me!

Great embassy Cristoph - lovely archway and houses! I like the impromtu classroom as well. :classic: It's a shame you missed the deadline for the challange, but this makes a great free build. :thumbup:

Reminds me a bit of a MOC I saw of a Star Trek monastary... forgot the name...

Awesome job and excellent presentation!

To bad it was to late to enter, because it's a great design. especially the round wall is nicely done!

That's fantastic, loving the brickwork and timberwork and the school idea is very original, I don't think I've seen another one anywhere else, my favourite though is that little fountain and the interior is fab too :thumbup:

I do hope this can be included because it's such an awesome moc.

Awesome building. I love the details on the walls. And I like the round-shaped wall. Good job!

This thing is huge! You've done a great job with the walls and the panel work along the top, but I love the courtyard wall. It looks great - it's so hard to get rounded walls and features, but you've done a great job with this one. Excellent MOC!