Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Benoic Inn

Benoic is a county in the heart of Avalonia, only countryside where ever you look. There is no city in this county only smaller villages. The great road from Kaliphin known as the "Oil Road" passes through Benoic. Many smaller inns is located at this great road. One of them is "The Leaking Barrel" situated in the south of Benoic, making it the first thing you see when entering Benoic.

This early morning the owner Alroy wakes up of his sleep. Someone is knocking at his gate! He soon shines up when he see who the guest is. Quinn, leader of the Embassy in Kaliphin have returned home from the desert! She is known and loved through all of Benoic and Alroy keeps a special place in his heart for Quinn. Quinn have two companions from Kaliphin, Yussuf the trader and Fahkr the soldier. Yussuf is skillfull in the art of trading and was intrested in Benoic and the lush and green stories Quinn have told him during the nights in Kaliphin. Fahkr have a secret crush on Quinn so when she was to leave Kaliphin he convinced Quinn that she needed some protection on the road.

C&C is most welcome!

6901920191_c65ba5103d.jpg

6901922023_9ea0e0f978.jpg

6901925813_25c4d1a53c.jpg

6901928773_e3dd6b3d92.jpg

That is awesome de Gothia! I love it! :sweet:

It has such a warm and welcoming feeling, something I always discover in your creations. Excellent. :thumbup:

The technic piece at the flagpole is bothering me a bit though, you might want to change that. The rest is just superb! The amount detail is fantastic and so is your architecture style which you develop further with every new MOC.

Good stuff!

Welcome home Quinn.

another nice build de Gothia. I must get me some of those 1x4 decorated tiles. I love the the shape of the left side of the inn but the roof somehow looks unfinished. Not sure how to fill the gaps though.

Great story as well. I love intertwining the characters from you other builds

Once again a true master piece from you de Gothia. Not a thing about this moc that I would not love instantly!

Thanks guys! :classic:

I don´t really know any other brick that could replace that tech brick Cpt Blackmoor...?

Mikey: Yes, I know it looks unfinished! :blush: I wanted to do something out of the box and wanted to try the hinged thing. But then the roof was a nightmare!! First I thought I should do the whole roof thing with the plates from the CMF but that was way to messy to try to do... So I ordered some of those plates and I couldn´t think of any other way to make them less "gappy".

I don´t really know any other brick that could replace that tech brick Cpt Blackmoor...?

Mikey: Yes, I know it looks unfinished! :blush: I wanted to do something out of the box and wanted to try the hinged thing. But then the roof was a nightmare!! First I thought I should do the whole roof thing with the plates from the CMF but that was way to messy to try to do... So I ordered some of those plates and I couldn´t think of any other way to make them less "gappy".

I wonder if a brick (or plate) built roof might work. Now you have inspired me to try it out. I have been avoiding the hinge wall because of the roof issues myself so great job taking on the challenge!

Great work yet again de Gothia! A great scene and well built. I love the houses and its great to see you trying some different angles. Building angles like those can be a headache especially when it comes to the roof, but you have done a great effort here. Well done sir!

Another awesome build! I don't mind the technic piece, but maybe if you used a black one there it would blend in better and still give the same use. Either way this is a great free build.

Again, great design! :classic: I really like the style of the building it has a lot of nice details, for example I love the windowshutters. And the way it's opened with the stick!

Another lovely build de Gothia, your MOCs have such a warm feeling to them, and always very nicely detailed, the chickens are a great touch. I can see why Fahkr likes Quinn, she was very popular with the local men during her stay in Kaliphlin.

So I ordered some of those plates and I couldn´t think of any other way to make them less "gappy".

The roof is very nicely done. One way to make it less gappy is to start with the wing angle plates meeting at the top and to work out the geometry from there, you might have to experiment with different angles of wing plate to get the height right. Maybe you could move the black 2x4 to the lower side of the wing, or use 2x6 there. Great job, anyway!

:classic:

Mikey: You have to show us the result of your work on the roof! My patience is not the best so it was a dead end for me! :wink:

DC: Yes, it´s fun to step out of the box and I´d to try your techniques on the tudor houses! (Now I´ve to buy more black 1x1 stud on one side, cause those are amazing!)

Kayne: Great tip! Have to try to switch it!

Mikel: Hehe, I feel as a novice when I see the photo standard here on EB so thanks a lot for that great praise! :classic:

Ecclesiastes: The shutters are all work of our great leader DC so no credit to me there! :wink: But I´ve not seen the stick on shutter thing before! :tongue:

Robuko: Glad to hear that my Quinn was popular in Kaliphin. I´m very keen to see her soon! With my next moc I will! :classic:

The roof idea is great and I´ve to try that as well!

Thanks again, happy that you like it!

I agree, this looks very welcoming - and the whole scene is beautifully crafted, very well done!

brilliant build, I love the roof with the little hatch so people can get up on top and the whole shape of the structure, I also like using the wizard legs as a townperson. really wonderful build. :thumbup:

I have to give an honst opinion. I think the archetectual detail is too fast from section to section. It makes it look like tweenty different architects designed the building. I hope you get what I mean.

Thanks guys for your kind comment!

Z: No sorry to say, I´ve dissambled the inn and no photos of your angle was in my portfolio... :sceptic:

Cpt Beer Beard: I like your honesty and I can agree with you that the inn have a lot of archetectual diffrencies.. My bricks are limited and I wanted to build a tudor style all around the house but the brciks didn´t reached all the way. That´s why I had to build some other archetectual details around the inn

Another great MOC deGothia! I really like your 4 different window styles, especially the sunken windows and the propped shutters. I also really like the little inner courtyard. I love all the different things you've done with this build!

Thanks rogueang , glad you like it!

Cpt BB, thanks and again, I understand your points and I´m glad you told me! :classic: