Sign in to follow this  
ACCURATEin

Photos of anything Star Wars related you built before 1999.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

A long time ago, shortly before entering my dark ages, and in a galaxy far away, my friend and I decided to build an AT-AT. The idea was spawned mostly in part to the big snow storm that put us out of school for 2 weeks. He had lots of light gray pieces in his collection, and one of us came up with the great idea of attempting to build this MOC. The ultimate goal was to take a photo of it when we finished and place it in the snow for a nice back drop. haha. We sent it to the LEGO Group and they posted it in one of their club magazines. Here is a photo of what it looked like lol...

3598352742_92702b74a4_o.jpg

If you also built something Star Wars related before the actual LEGO release of the official sets, post yours! I would love to see what other's came up with. If only we had teh interwebz back then haha.

oh yes, this photo was taken in the year 1995.

Hi

thanks for sharing this. Although this is oviously not an 100% acurate MOC it gemerates a VERY nice shadow on the snow. And that is pretty cool!

Dino

awesome! I think I made a very, very inaccurate version of Millenium Falcon, back in 1996-1997 but never took photo of it :/

I have to ask how old were you? I also like to say i think it is nice try at an AT-AT [MOC] and at least we can see what you were trying to build.

Like darth dino said, it does make a cool shadow.. :vader:

I remember my brother and I use to try and build the Millennium Falcon with the UFO pieces. Let me tell you one thing, the end results always looked hideous with all the printings on the disc part. :laugh: Sadly we took no pictures.

Yea... wish I took pictures of my old creations. I remember building a TIE fighter. Its wings fell off alot but it was cool. That and the boxiest Millenium Falcon you could think of.

Unfortunately in our generation last thing on our minds is taking pictures of our mad creations and cameras are not as accessible now as they were in those days

Unfortunately in our generation last thing on our minds is taking pictures of our mad creations and cameras are not as accessible now as they were in those days

Plus, we only had 2 choices..Buy a rol of film and get it developed or if you had a poloroid instant camera. Ahhhh those were the days :grin:

That is so old school, even the design looks retro, I use to make cloaks out of paper as a kid but never took pictures :sceptic:

haha it looks so funny. I get a chuckle everytime i look at the photo. Oh cloaks..good idea!

Hi

thanks for sharing this. Although this is oviously not an 100% acurate MOC it gemerates a VERY nice shadow on the snow. And that is pretty cool!

Dino

You are welcome. It's easily far from accurate lol.

awesome! I think I made a very, very inaccurate version of Millenium Falcon, back in 1996-1997 but never took photo of it :/

ah man i would love to see a photo of it.

I have to ask how old were you? I also like to say i think it is nice try at an AT-AT [MOC] and at least we can see what you were trying to build.

Like darth dino said, it does make a cool shadow.. :vader:

My friend was 12, and I was 13. Thanks!

I remember my brother and I use to try and build the Millennium Falcon with the UFO pieces. Let me tell you one thing, the end results always looked hideous with all the printings on the disc part. :laugh: Sadly we took no pictures.

I bet it looked pretty cool. Maybe we should all reconstruct these MOCs using our memory.

Yea... wish I took pictures of my old creations. I remember building a TIE fighter. Its wings fell off alot but it was cool. That and the boxiest Millenium Falcon you could think of.

Rebuild it and take a photo!

True!

Plus, we only had 2 choices..Buy a rol of film and get it developed or if you had a poloroid instant camera. Ahhhh those were the days :grin:

haha i remember those.

Wow...this is retro. :tongue: This looks fantastic for '95! Too bad you didn't make any minifigs to go with it, huh? That would have been interesting.

I think that was the only camera we had back then. It still works too, but not alot of places develope the film anymore lol.

Rebuild it and take a photo!

Hehe... I'll need Legos then... and I only own 2 creations so far >.<. I do however remember the glass I used for it. I used the dome front glass off of a submarine.

A long time ago I found some old pics of Lego Star Wars MOCs that some fans created out of the LEGO pieces they had available in the 90s. Unfortunately, I can't find those pics anymore on my hard drive or anywhere on the net. :sad:

Sure, the minifigs were sketchy, especially a very plain Darth Vader and an hilarious yellow C3P0 but the MOCers did the best they could with the available parts. I'll tell you this though: I remember the spaceships were FAR better than what Lego ended up doing in the first few years (1999-2001).

If any of you can find pics of those old MOCs, you're a Jedi. :cry_happy:

Edited by SheepEater

Those are excellent SheepEater. I really like the top one with the custom Millennium Falcon in the back.

Those aren't mine. The person who created them is maestro s.fujita

I just posted some images of MOCs from the link given by Brickdoctor.

He did the entire Original Trilogy, be sure to view them all!

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/sworde.htm

Great find, the amount of work put into that was very impressive. Jabba looked hilarious (with lipstick!) and the Mon Calimari looked great.

All I can say is WOW. The amount of time put into this is mind blowing for its time. The persons Millennium Falcon is surprisingly a million times better than Lego's first attempt at it. :tongue: Anyways, thanks for the link. :classic: