RoxYourBlox

MOC: Blue Boardwalk

You've got some great modular buildings there, RYB.

The use of the various blue tones throughout gives a cohesive feel despite the distinct style of each building.

Nicely done.

:classic: :classic:

Simply stunning! I love the different architecture and the way you've melted them all together with the use of colour. You've got some serious MOCing skills - but that's hardly surprising, knowing the kind of mind-blowing models you've come up with before. It's great to see you use those skills for City buildings! I hope there's more to come - I'll be looking forward to it.

Really impressive stuff! Each building would be stunning if it was by itself, but the way the whole group goes together is nothing short of remarkable. The all have their own identity, too, which is great to see despite having such a similar palette.

Thank you for the kind words! I'd like to share additional details which may not be apparent in the photos:

BB Bed & Breakfast - On the facade, the white columns overlap brown tiles, which in turn rest on an offset created by technic bricks. The interior is empty aside from curtains.

Coffee Corner - Simply put, this is a remake of Cafe Corner, so that I could have one (somewhat) affordable and also so my daughter could enjoy it in her favorite colors.

Blueberry Elementary - This started as a remake of Market Street for the same reasons as CC, but I spun it into a school for my daughter. The playground (shown on flickr but not here) was inspired by Lego 3818, 5891, and this. The band and science rooms were inspired by my experiences. :tongue:

Palace - Although BB B&B was meant to be a modular-style remake of Castlometry #4, I was not yet satisfied. Thus I started again from scratch and focused on giving the columns room for play. Unexpectedly, the brown walls tend to bend inward, but this error has been alleviated by attaching inverse 45 slopes to the floors above.

Blue House - Inspired by a floor plan from ahmanndesign. The entire roof sits on a jumper offset from the second floor onward, for no good reason other than to give myself a headache. The second floor also features a miniature table with 2x2-stud micro-modular representations of each building on the street.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Yeah, your work is simply stunning. It's definitely a great remake of the CC.

I've checked out your flickr account... Holy crap that's some incredibly detailed, beautiful work

*oh2* I can't believe it.

This looks awesome. All those different style buildings but still belonging together perfectly!

Especially the palace is great with those round towers.

Wow that corner building is beautiful, really like how you have done the ground floor canopies, and the rest of your town setup looks great, wonderful stuff :thumbup:

Wow, these are beautiful. I love them all individually and together they are just brilliant.

It may be a bit too much blue overall, but these are truly amazing buildings that go together very well. :thumbup:

I'm guessing blue is your favourite colour. :laugh: Overall, the buildings look amazing, despite being in fairly similar colour design. However, different architectural styles give them extra level of complexity, and just saying they look amazing is not enough. I checked your Flickr account for more details. The pillars on BB house look great. CC in gold, dark brown and blue looks nice, the blue and gold give enough colour to lighten up all the dark tones. But what caught my attention even more are all the interior details. The room in CC looks great with the friends' piano, and school has great interiors as well - my favourite is science lab. Basketball court is amazing - simple, yet realistic. All in all, this is amazing work! :thumbup:

That's just wonderful, truly amazing! The school with the playground in the backyard is my favourite, reminds me of my own elementary school. I also like the way you did the roof on those apartment buildings. The blue and brown color scheme works surprisingly well, makes it all look like a very cold winter's day.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting your Pumpkin Factory!

Absolutely breathtaking job, every modular is stunning! I especially admire the rounded corner building, the blue house, and the coffee corner!

Great modulars. I like the CC like one and the big pillared one and...oh! They're all too good I can't pick one I like best. They all have a level of detail we have been accustomed to seeing in Modulars these days, well done.

I've mixed feelings about these houses. On one side, I really like all your buildings, the way they look apart, and I can even see the way the blue colour binds them all together. On the other side, the pictures of all the buildings together to me look too much of an picture someone's done too much photoshopping to.

On the other side, the pictures of all the buildings together to me look too much of an picture someone's done too much photoshopping to.

...or it could be the less than optimal photography conditions the pictures were taken in.:wink:

And that is probably the only main critique I have here; the buildings themselves are fantastic. There's diversity, each building it's own, with distinctive features, but they work together as well.

Also, gotta love the pallace, if only because of the four towers! But my favourite of these is probably the reimagined Café Corner - can't really beat a classic!:thumbup:

I've mixed feelings about these houses. On one side, I really like all your buildings, the way they look apart, and I can even see the way the blue colour binds them all together. On the other side, the pictures of all the buildings together to me look too much of an picture someone's done too much photoshopping to.

Pictures were taken with our Canon SLR on close-up mode with cool hue and tungsten/shade. The photos of the buildings shown together were snapped in a room without direct light, unlike the individual ones. Had I processed afterward, I could've brought some brown back without sacrificing the vivid blue. Alas, I still need photoshop for home.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Great work! I particularly like the fascia on the B&B. Considering the large use of blue all the buildings go very well together!

Wow, these are outstanding! :oh: I love the building with the round towers, and the use of blues throughout the buildings. If there is one thing I don't like, its that the house doesn't seem to fit in with its neighbors. It still looks incredible though.