Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

AT-RT

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone , it's been a while since I posted a moc , but I'm back with another one . This time I built the famous All Terrain Recon Transport , a.k.a. AT - RT , and made a custom waterslide decal ARF trooper to ride the walker . I apologise for the background of the pics , it's just that the grey baseplate I use as a bg is currently needed in another moc . The fig is my first attempt at waterslide decals , so please comment on its pro's and con's . Here are some pics , but you can check my flickr for much more !

6895618763_f44c7d6435.jpg

6895629695_caeb6f15a7.jpg

6895627917_494a0eca7f.jpg

AT-RT by troopmaker, on Flickr

I hope you liked it ! Please comment !

Edit : I thought you'd like it if I posted some close photos of certain parts , so here is the "leg" and the "communications thingy" in the back

6895626051_dd4d93b0a5_m.jpg6895624107_143d714bd9_m.jpg

Looks like a nice little AT-RT Troopmaker. I like the smaller more accurate scale, sleek body and legs and sturdy well designed feet. Good job :thumbup:

This looks great! Is the ARF based off the Umbara arc?

The only thing is that the legs should not be splayed out like that, but other than that it looks good.

Very nice art, I especially like the well decal covered art trooper. I think the legs came out well, as did the weapon, but I think that the side armor on the front is a but too big

Thanks for your comments guys !Answering to Legoman , I am familiar with the idea of cutting part of the bottom of the leg joining thing so that one can use a "whole-leg" decal with no fear of it being ruined when he brings the fig's legs into a sitting position , but I'm new to it , so I thought that I will try it on other customs , when I will be more experienced ...

Answering to C.Colt , I tried the 2x3 angle piece first , but the 3x3 looked much better ...

Edited by Troopmaker

Thanks for your comments guys ! <div><br></div><div>Answering to Legoman , I am familiar with the idea of cutting part of the bottom of the leg joining thing so that one can use a "whole-leg" decal with no fear of it being ruined when he brings the fig's legs into a sitting position , but I'm new to it , so I thought that I will try it on other customs , when I will be more experienced ...

Oh. :blush: I was referring to the legs of the AT-RT. Now that I reread it, I know how you got confused.

That's one nice 501st ARF Trooper Troopmaker :thumbup:. The AT-RT looks a bit odd with it's legs so far apart, but it's design is great.

Edited by Mr Man

Thanks for your comments MrMan and LEGOman ! I see what you mean and I'm thinking of taking a couple of shots with more "mainstream" leg posing default_tong.gif. Please keep the comments up !!

Oh , and , MrMan , you probably mean 501st ...default_tong.gif

Edited by Troopmaker

Oh , and , MrMan , you probably mean 501st ...default_tong.gif

Great :hmpf_bad:, I thought I changed that before I posted :grin:.

My apologies for being late to the party, but I must say a great, sturdy looking design. Now you just need a few more to hunt Yoda down in a larger MOC. :laugh:

Thank you guys !

My apologies for being late to the party, but I must say a great, sturdy looking design. Now you just need a few more to hunt Yoda down in a larger MOC. :laugh:

I don't know if i 'm going to post it in EB , but that's definitely going to happen !! Your idea is absolutely hilarious !!