Maxim I

Eastern Archery Tournament in Mpya Stedor

Too bad for Kucuk Kartal... I guess the ogre's breath was just too much for him.

edit: I had thought my second messenger had brought the finals but to my delight Kucuk was able to focus and made it to the next round! :thumbup:

I wish I had been able to be present at the contest myself but due to my exploration and search for the water crystal I was not able to make it at this time. However the first messenger let me know that beer was running low so I have requested two shiploads of Mitgardia's finest beer from Barqa to Mpya Stedor.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Day 04 (12 April): First Round - 3rd try

For the last time of the day, the trumpets were blasting, making the people move to the arena like a big bunch of sheeps.

Inside the arena, there were 17 participants sitting, looking to each other, calculating their chances. Let's see:

First try: 4/30 had the 100 points => which is 14%.

Second try: 9/26 had the 100 points => which is 33%

The microclimate here in Mpya Stedor makes it even difficult for Kaliphlin archers too. Considering the great names there are still by the last 17: Kathryn Flagg, William Harkenshire, General Whisximus, ... Even the 2 Elite Archers who made the pre-tournament legendary, are not sure of their ticket to the final!

The wind changed, difficult to tell if it will be an advantage or not. Fear can be found in the eyes of some, others are praying. Only a few are relaxed, knowing their own skills, they are feeling sure of going to the finals...

Finally Willinotam Lionheart starts speaking to the crowd. Stupid to tell, but they were going crazy! With the necessary patience, Willinotam made absolutely silence in the arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the last tries for the first round will start soon! I see you all are ready for it! To repeat it quickly: There are only 2 places left IF no one can hit the bulls-eye this round or find another way to score 100 points!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's your duty to support the last participants to the finals! We all wish them luck! Let's start!"

First Group:

Bastian Efandor looked to his friend Olaf with something in his eyes that predicted an upcomming victory. But he was is shock when he saw the eyes of Olaf. There is something wrong with him. But there sounds the signal. Still a bit confused, he tooks his arrow, cleared his mind, stared at the target and shoots. Second circle, but 30 timepoints, that makes he goes to the finals! He smiled and then looked again to Olaf to find him running away, both his hands embrassing his stomach. Must be a combination of stress and ale...

Looking to Whisximus, he wondered when he will shoot as his bow was still beside his body. But why are the other participants cursing then? Then he remembers there was already an arrow on the target when he aimed for it! He looks back to Whisximus, who starts laughing seeing his face and walks away...

1) Sir Guntham

27/76 => 20 --- 43/10 => 75 --- 52/7 => 75 (75)

2) Olaf Stedor

58/97 => 25 --- 18/60 => 20 (25) --- 32/80 => 20 (25)

3) Bastian Efandor

58/19 => 65 --- 10/64 => 10 (65) --- 80/35 => 105

4) Lord Wisximus

80/70 => 85 --- 73/35 => 80 (85) --- 68/0 => 100

5) Captain William Throw

90/5 => 125

Second Group

The signal goes, William Harkenshire looks to the target and aims. Still with the previous try in his mind he shoots. Not again!!! The arrow was perfect in the line to hit the bulls-eye but again just before the target it went to a complete other direction, missing the target! Not getting it, he looks to the tribune, shaking his head. Those Drow are looking extremely happy...

But the jury assured there could be no magic used while the arrow was on it's way...

Being sad, he headed to outside the arena. Just before leaving, the crowd starts calling his name as nobody forgot his achievement in the Gladiator Games!

6) Freydir Broadchest

4/95 => 0 --- 89/31 => 105

7) Hoka Netra

85/10 => 125

8) William Harkenshire

24/5 => 60 --- 8/99 => 0 (60) --- 5/81 => 0 (60)

9) Torak

24/35 => 40 --- 58/30 => 55 --- 49/71 => 35 (55)

10) Waisur Iarel

75/78 => 60 --- 81/33 => 105

Third Group

Nitnelav had everything planned. This try he will hit the bulls-eye, he kept repeating to himself. The signal goes, he looks to Kucuk Kartal who was looking back. They wish eachother good luck, take their arrow and start aiming. Nitnelav was the first one who shoots, hitting the bulls-eye perfect in the middle! The crowd cheered. He looks to Kucuk and whispered "Good Luck" again. More was not necessary for Kucuk who shoots and also hit the bulls-eye! Everyone of group 3 goes to the final!!

11) Thor Olafson

17/2 => 50 --- 99/96 => 100

12) Naraoug

79/66 => 85 --- 99/5 => 150!!!

13) Nitnelav

85/80 => 85 --- 63/58 => 70 (85) --- 100/36 => 130

14) Sir Hogs-Eye

27/41 => 30 --- 87/30 => 105

15) Kucuk Kartal

19/98 => 0 --- 33/17 => 50 --- 93/68 => 110

Fourth Group

Ibrahim looks to his opponents after the signal goes. Sitting on his Elephant, he has a nice view and as he is a real Kaliphlin, he uses the power of patience to clear his mind. Something Drinian and Ylda should learn as fast as possible as due the stress, their arrow never hit the target. Ibrahim smiles, aims and shoot. Just before the arrow left the bow, his elephant started hiccuping. The arrow hit the third circle instead of the bulls-eye on the same time as Ibrahim hit the ground thx to another hiccup of his elephant...

16) Drinian

48/76 => 35 --- 41/58 => 45 --- 14/19 => 40 (45)

17) Ibrahim

0/27 => 30 --- 19/94 => 0 (30) --- 69/55 => 70

18) Ariana Thunderbow

100/51 => 120

19) Leo Aragon

85/62 => 85 --- 82/5 => 125

20) Ylda

16/52 => 20 --- 75/84 => 50 --- 17/53 => 20 (50)

Fifth Group

Captain Michael can't wait till the signal goes. He is an excellent archer and he knows it. He make a quick pray just after the signal goes. The wind is blowing the wrong direction he realises... He aims, a bit longer than necessary and shoots just after the shot of Vlan. And just after the shot of Vlan the arrow reached the same circle. Both look to eachother and shake their heads, it's over for them, just like the other 2 of their group...

21) Jitran

52/38 => 55 --- 95/46 => 120

22) Kutanii Arfelan

47/26 => 55 --- 2/90 => 0 (55) --- 50/41 => 45 (55)

23) Valter

77/88 => 75 --- 9/44 => 20 (75) --- 17/26 => 30 (75)

24) Vlan

0/83 => 0 --- 79/49 => 95 --- 20/77 => 82/63 => 85 (95)

25) Captain Michael

51/38 => 55 --- 76/62 => 85 => 78/67 => 85

Sixth Group:

Sir Sagittarius looks to Kathryn Flagg and admired her beauty, too bad she is from Kaliphlin... The signal goes. Kathryn smiles to him and shoot at the same time. 3rd circle, but fast enough to get the 100 points! Sagittarius doesn't know what confused him the most, the shot or the smile of the beautiful lady. Then he remembered he had to shoot. But the shot completely missed the target... The guy with the really nice hat is out!

26) Kathryn Flagg

51/81 => 25 --- 20/82 => 0 (25) --- 64/5 => 100

27) Countess Wyndifera Ed-Wardhi Marmota

15/83 => 0 --- 92/30 => 130

28) Sergeant F.Chu

18/100 => 0 --- 92/69 => 110

29) Sir Sagittarius

73/83 => 50 --- 44/14 => 65 --- 1/72 => 10 (65)

30) Lucius Fortunatus

94/62 => 110

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's the drinking start again for this night! Tomorrow those heroes we will see again:

3) Bastian Efandor (105)

4) Lord Wisximus (100)

5) Captain William Throw (125)

6) Freydir Broadchest (105)

7) Hoka Netra (125)

10) Waisur Iarel (105)

11) Thor Olafson (100)

12) Naraoug (150!!!)

13) Nitnelav (130)

14) Sir Hogs-Eye (105)

15) Kucuk Kartal (110)

18) Ariana Thunderbow (120)

19) Leo Aragon (125)

21) Jitran (120)

26) Kathryn Flagg (100)

27) Countess Wyndifera Ed-Wardhi Marmota (130)

28) Sergeant F.Chu (110)

30) Lucius Fortunatus (110)

Good night to you all and see you tomorrow!"

Sorry for the next 2 faults:

The signal goes => The horn blows

First/second/third try => First/second/third attempt

(I checked it on a translation page :p )

;)

Sad to see Drinian out so quickly :sad: But I guess he can come home and help us look for the crystal now :laugh:

Thanks DaMaximus for hosting this great event and donating the prize :thumbup:

Kutanii is out. :sadnew:

Seems the explorers should have sent a more experienced archer.

No matter he is still young, has many to learn.

Good luck to all. :classic:

Wow, what a absorbing contest of skill and concentration! I'm glad to see that Waisur and his bow are holding up nicely so far - the previous version of the "Evergold" literally blew up in his hands, poor fellow... :look: Can't wait for the next exciting round, the tournament looks to be a raging success for the wonderful city of Mpya Stedor! :thumbup:

Wow, what an awesome tournament going on here! It is much fun to read and it's even better to see we Hobbits doing well. :thumbup:

Sad to see Drinian out so quickly :sad: But I guess he can come home and help us look for the crystal now :laugh:

Thanks DaMaximus for hosting this great event and donating the prize :thumbup:

Indeed! Lets find some crystals!

Great to see Jitran is still in the competion. Not to bad for a swordsman :sweet:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Day 05 (12 April): The Finals : The semi-finals - first attempt

The last day of the Tournament. Lord Damaximus walks on the walls, having a nice overview of the social ambiance going on in the city. In his city, he thinks while smiling. Tomorrowevening, most of the visitors will be already home and the slaves will have to start cleaning every single bit of trash. And himself? Oh, he is going to sleep day and night!

A messenger came with a message of Geschi Edeh Nis who is right now somewhere in the mountains having fun discovering things.

"Dear Lord Damaximus, where I am now, I can't tell you as I have absolutely no clue myself. Must be somewhere in the Rakathmountains. I hope the Tournament is going well in our great city. Luckily for me, I can follow the games throught the mind of our Genius. Wish Lord Whisximus good luck when you see him, I bet for him, so he would owe me much if he loses :laugh:

But now a bit more serious: I think I am heading to the right direction this time! The thing we are looking for must be somewhere here as the small traces of footprints of thousands soldiers on the ground are becoming more and more clear, proving we are right. I'll let you know pronto when I found it, so I apologisz already now for teletransporting you in the future. I know you don't like it, but it is necessary :laugh:

Well, c ya!"

Still thinking about the letter, the trumpets blow for the last time of this tournament, bringing Lord Damaximus back to reality. He walks quickly to his seat, just like the whole city does. In a few minutes, you can hear every mouse peeping in the streets as they will be abandoned.

Finally sitting, General Willinotam Lionheart already called Lord Damaximus to the stage, starting with his last speech. Finally, thinks Damaximus...

"Ladies and gentlemen, the last evening of the Tournament will be starting soon. But before we enjoy the finals, I think we better can thank the noble ruler of the glorious city of Mpya Stedor, who is hosting this exciting tournament and treats us like he treats his own people! So Lord Damaximus, please come standing beside me!"

The crowd applaud, chanting "Damaximus! Damaximus!". Lord Damaximus smiles.

"Thank you! But that applaud is also for yourself as you are a fantastic crowd! Thank you for coming to this city and I hope to see you again after the tournament is done! I won't say to much as General Willinotam Lionheart is taking care of that, so to you all I wish a fine night and enjoy these finals!!!"

Willinotam looks amused, waiting till the crowd calms down so he could continue. Half an hour later he could.

"So before the finals start, first I will tell you how they will go on.

The semi final will be like the first round, but now participants will have only 2 chances and will need to score 110 points to be sure! To make calculating easier for you that means:

Bulls-eye within 80 seconds or Second-circle within 25 seconds!

If there are no 9 participants who had 110, then those with the best results may go further!

Those who survived it, may go to the final, where after every attempt halve the archers will be eliminated, those with the worst shot. That till there is one archer left!

Are you ready?

(some people became deaf now)

Allright, here I present to you the 18 semi-finalists!

They will be split up in groups of 6!

Group 1:

1) Bastian Efandor

2) Lord Wisximus

3) Captain William Throw

4) Freydir Broadchest

5) Hoka Netra

6) Waisur Iarel

Group 2:

7) Thor Olafson

8) Naraoug

9) Nitnelav

10) Sir Hogs-Eye

11) Kucuk Kartal

12) Ariana Thunderbow

Group 3:

13) Leo Aragon

14) Jitran

15) Kathryn Flagg

16) Countess Wyndifera Ed-Wardhi Marmota

17) Sergeant F.Chu

18) Lucius Fortunatus

So let it start!"

First attempt:

Group 1:

The participants are looking to eachother, they hate it to start as first. And the wind just changed direction, so the practicing of half an hour ago was unnecessary. The horn blows. Waisur and William are the first one to shoot their arrow, but only the one of Waisur hits the target. Circle 2, not bad, but it is not fast enough. The other participants struggle much more with the aiming. Only halve of the arrows reached their destiny.

No one is sure...

1) Bastian Efandor

19/65 => 10

2) Lord Wisximus

72/88 => 60

3) Captain William Throw

10/46 => 20

4) Freydir Broadchest

42/70 => 35

5) Hoka Netra

20/57 => 20

6) Waisur Iarel

84/47 => 95

Group 2:

They saw the first group fighting with the wind, so they quickly changed tactics. The horn blows.

And unlike the previous group, someone managed to reach the target within the 25 seconds. The only thing Nitnelav will have to focus on at the second attempt is the direction of the arrow. The other participants are doing that much better, all hitting the target. Naraoug and Thor even in decent times. But everybody has the same problem, the wind makes the arrow changes direction like a Mitgardian drinks beer: too fast.

7) Thor Olafson

35/33 => 40

8) Naraoug

44/27 => 55

9) Nitnelav

18/9 => 50

10) Sir Hogs-Eye

48/70 => 35

11) Kucuk Kartal

22/92 => 10

12) Ariana Thunderbow

59/93 => 25

Group 3:

The stress is almost noticeable in the crowd... Stupid wind says Leo Aragon. Jitran and Lucius supported. Only Sergeant F.Chu smiles as he is used to this kind of aggresive wind. Kathryn Flagg yawns, her eyes very narrow. Why is this ******* Tournament just in the period where everybody is looking for a ******* crystal?, she thinks. The horn blows. Jitran keeps the words he heard Nitnelav saying against the other hobbit Naraoug, in mind and shoots as first. The arrow hit the target, but only in the fifth circle. The next arrow hitting the target is the one of F.Chu. And for the first time this semi-final, it's in the bulls-eye!

A few seconds later, Leo and Kathryn both are cursing. ******** wind!

13) Leo Aragon

1/44 => 20

14) Jitran

39/11 => 50

15) Kathryn Flagg

0/43 => 20

35/75 => 20

17) Sergeant F.Chu (Finalist)

96/33 => 130

18) Lucius Fortunatus

69/56 => 70

"Ladies and gentlemen, time for a quick break!

There is already 1 archer sure of the final in a few hours! Congratulations to Sergeant F.Chu and see you in a half an hour again people!"

Edited by DaMaximus

How am I supposed to hold my breath for 30 minutes? Come'on Fortunatus! Throw some salt over your shoulder, get a couple four leaves clovers and throw a couple horseshoes. In the meanwhile, Count Nero is dumping a fortune in Mpya Stedor wishing well. Hit it!

Edited by Balthasar

Wow, terrible shooting in this round. That wind is really messing things up. Hope it dies down before the next round.

Day 05 (12 April): The Finals : The semi-finals - second attempt

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I ask you to return to your seats?"

Stupid question as almost nobody dared to leave their seats as they were affraid of losing their places.

Luckily for them, the entertainers are smart enough to come to the crowd with the food and drinks instead of expecting that everybody comes to them!

What a thriller! Only 1 archer made it already to the finals!

Lionheart asked for absolute silence, and once achieved it, the second attempt could start:

Group 1:

The wind still revolts against the tournament. Looks like one of the next week, a heavy storm will visit Mpya Stedor. But it still is strange for this time in the year. Almost like someone messed with the balance of the nature... Looks like the first crystal is already found...

Anyway, nobody of the first group is really used to this. Even the two from Kaliphlin, Hoka & Waisur are living in another climate, a more subtropical climate.

The 2 Mitgardians and 2 Ximians are somehow confused, but they don't know fear, they even start joking about it. They laughed till the horn blows.

None of them successed in achieving the 110 points...

1) Bastian Efandor

19/65 => 10 --- 69/88 => 50

2) Lord Wisximus

72/88 => 60 --- 84/81 => 75

3) Captain William Throw

10/46 => 20 --- 70/10 => 100

4) Freydir Broadchest

42/70 => 35 --- 67/91 => 50

5) Hoka Netra

20/57 => 20 --- 35/9 => 60

6) Waisur Iarel

84/47 => 95 --- 81/47 => 95

Group 2:

The two hobbits exchanged information about the circustances of the weather. Ariana, being a Drow and hating everything that is Avalonian tried to be as far as possible of the two. But still close enough to hear the tips about improving the speed of the arrow.

Kucuk Kartal used the break to ask some questions about the wind to his supporters from Barqa. Keeping that in mind, he hopes his Elf-instinct will not let him down.

The horn blows. Thor Olafson made use of a small break between 2 wind blasts to shoot his arrow as fast as possible. It hit the target, but that was everything noticeable. Kucuk Kartal on the other hand was jumping around for joy as he hit the bulls-eye. The jumping didn't last long as he was quickly stopped by an angry Hogs-Eye who had again a bad shot.

7) Thor Olafson

35/33 => 40 --- 31/1 => 60

8) Naraoug

44/27 => 55 --- 26/40 => 40 (55)

9) Nitnelav

18/9 => 50 --- 76/65 => 85

10) Sir Hogs-Eye

48/70 => 35 --- 26/60 => 30 (35)

11) Kucuk Kartal (Finalist)

22/92 => 10 --- 98/45 => 120

12) Ariana Thunderbow

59/93 => 25 --- 23/22 => 50

Group 3:

The horn blows. ******** horn was the last thing Kathryn thought before shooting the arrow. Sometimes when you never expect it, a miracle happens. The arrow hit really fast the second circle!

The other participants were a lot more unlucky. Especially Wyndifera and Jitran who both just missed the target. Why is this tournament in the desert and not in Avalonia, wonders Leo Aragon a bit to loud.

13) Leo Aragon

1/44 => 20 --- 24/51 => 30

14) Jitran

39/11 => 50 --- 14/56 => 20 (50)

15) Kathryn Flagg (Finalist)

0/43 => 20 --- 88/14 => 115

35/75 => 20 --- 19/61 => 10 (20)

96/33 => 130

18) Lucius Fortunatus

69/56 => 70 --- 8/76 => 10 (70)

Lord Damaximus shakes his head. Where the megablocks is this wind coming from??? I gonna kick everyone who have found the real crystal!, he thoughts.

He walks to the stage to made a new announcement:

"Good folks from Historica! As you can see, we are a bit unlucky with the wind. Let's hope this storm will be finished soon so we can continue with the third attempt! Yes, you heard it well, the 15 last participants may try again to go to the finals!

But as it will be a bit unfair for those who have 95 now for example, there will be a small addition in the points:

The best points of the 2 attempts already done will be declined with 50 and the result will be added by the points of the third attempt!"

The crowd applaud again, approving the new attempt!

Third attempt:

Group 1:

This time it's for real, says Wisximus agains Bastian while laughing. Bastian insists. They all changed their bow, taking a bow which makes the arrow goes more straight, but slower. The horn blows. 6 arrows start their race to the target, all hitting it. The only one cursing is Freydir who misplaced her fingers. Too bad for her, but the others got 100 points. Bastian and Hoka look to each other and cross their fingers, hoping the other groups will do it worse.

1) Bastian Efandor

19/65 => 10 --- 69/88 => 50 --- 94/93 + 0=> 100

2) Lord Wisximus (Finalist)

72/88 => 60 --- 84/81 => 75 --- 94/51 + 25=> 145

3) Captain William Throw (Finalist)

10/46 => 20 --- 70/10 => 100 --- 86/91 + 50 => 125

4) Freydir Broadchest

42/70 => 35 --- 67/91 => 50 --- 30/12 => 50

5) Hoka Netra

20/57 => 20 --- 35/9 => 60 --- 82/59 + 10 => 105

6) Waisur Iarel (Finalist)

84/47 => 95 --- 81/47 => 95 --- 94/84 +45 => 145

Group 2:

Thor curses at himself. How could he forget his heavy bow at home? Sir Hogs-Eye looks to him with a funny glance in his eyes as he only has heavy bows with him. Too bad for Thor, his bows are way too big for the Mitgardian. The two hobbits are discussing. Nitnelav also changed his bow as it looked very effective in the first group, but Naraoug thinks their normal bow can do it as well. We'll see who is right after the horn blows. And that must be now... Sir Hogs-Eye rages and shoots his arrow formidable fast. Right in the second circle! But thx to the sound, Thor, Naraoug and Ariana lost their concentration and let their arrow go to early... Luckily for Nitnelav, he had problems putting up the bow :D

7) Thor Olafson

35/33 => 40 --- 31/1 => 60 --- 36/19 + 10 => 60

8) Naraoug

44/27 => 55 --- 26/40 => 40 (55) --- 57/17 + 5 => 70

9) Nitnelav (Finalist)

18/9 => 50 --- 76/65 => 85 --- 77/82 + 35 => 110

10) Sir Hogs-Eye (Finalist)

48/70 => 35 --- 26/60 => 30 (35) --- 86/9 - 15 => 110

11) Kucuk Kartal (Finalist)

22/92 => 10 --- 98/45 => 120

12) Ariana Thunderbow

59/93 => 25 --- 23/22 => 50 --- 35/19 => 50

Group 3:

Countess Wyndifera feels guilty for herself. Instead of non-stop shopping, she better practiced some more today... But she smiles as she received a nice reduction on that beautiful white dress! Being a Kaliphlin Countess rocks!

The horn blows. Lucius Fortunatus shows to the crowd he hadn't stolen his name! Just when he let the arrow fly away, the wind stopped blasting for a few seconds. Wyndifera tried to use this moment as well, but she forgot to aim a little bit more and the arrow disappeared somewhere in the sky. 3 days later, they would find her arrow again when a dead whale was washed ashore with the arrow in one of his eyes...

Leo and Jitran cursed like they learned from Kathryn: ********* wind...

13) Leo Aragon

1/44 => 20 --- 24/51 => 30 --- 43/71 - 20=> 15 (30)

14) Jitran

39/11 => 50 --- 14/56 => 20 (50) --- 40/65 => 20 (50)

15) Kathryn Flagg (Finalist)

0/43 => 20 --- 88/14 => 115

35/75 => 20 --- 19/61 => 10 (20) --- 18/10 - 30 => 20 (20)

96/33 => 130

18) Lucius Fortunatus (Finalist) 69/56 => 70 --- 8/76 => 10 (70) --- 62/2 + 20 => 120

"Ladies and Gentlemen! So the 9 finalists are finally known! Enjoy your lunch, we see you again this evening for the finals!!!

Those are the finalists:

2) Lord Wisximus

3) Captain William Throw

6) Waisur Iarel

9) Nitnelav

10) Sir Hogs-Eye

11) Kucuk Kartal

15) Kathryn Flagg

17) Sergeant F.Chu

18) Lucius Fortunatus

"

Note: days are long in Mpya Stedor as Kaliphlin lies close to the equator. So I will have to mess a bit with the time as I am going now to sleep for 9 hours. So let us say for once, when I wake up and write down the finals, it still will be 13 April in Historica ;)

Edited by DaMaximus

Wow, luckily none of you guys were sitting next to me :tongue: I went almost crazy after the first 2 attempts! from the 35 tries, only 3 had 110 points (and only 4 in total even had 100 points)! Luckily my calculator stopped being a megablocks and gave some more usefull numbers for the third attempt :p

For those who wonder what I use: a graphical calculator we had to buy for college (as my first attempt in college was Industrial Engineering) and on this thing I can use "randint(0,100)" so it generates numbers between 0 and 100 :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

archer5.jpg

"RARGRH! Hogs-eye hate wind! Stoopid Quivver! Hogs-eye tell you to give wind resistant Spear!"

archer6.jpg

"Sorry sir sorry, but...you don't have a wind resis..."

"Quiet! Hogs-eye destroy target old fashioned way."

archer7.jpg

"By Stomping!"

Day 05 (12 April): The Finals

The wind finally stopped blasting like a fool who tries to blow out the candles on his pie for his birthday.

Back in the Arena, the participants are standing next to each other, nervously, waiting till they can finally start shooting again.

Lord Damaximus climbs up the stage. The crowd is quiet within the 5 seconds. What a big difference with Lionheart! Looking around with a smile on his face, Damaximus starts talking:

"My dear public, a time has come the Tournament will be finally over. This time will be in an hour approximately. Till then, you will be victims of a thriller, those 9 brave finalist are dying right now, the goal is the fabolous price for the winner! But the monster is the wind, the climate and the target itself!

As we discovered in the third attempt of the semi-finals, the bonuspoint system is very fair!

But let's hope we don't need it for the finals!

The finals will consist of 3 elimination rounds:

9 => 5 : The best 5 will go further (2 attempts)

5 => 3 : The best 3 will go further (2 attempts)

3 => 1 : The one with the best points after 3 attempts will win!

So here are the participants:

Give them a warm applaus!

1) Lord Wisximus

2) Captain William Throw

3) Waisur Iarel

4) Nitnelav

5) Sir Hogs-Eye

6) Kucuk Kartal

7) Kathryn Flagg

8) Sergeant F.Chu

9) Lucius Fortunatus

The finals 9 => 5

So here we will start with the first attempt:

The horn blows finally again. The 9 participants are taking their arrows, aiming and one by one they shoot...

Wow, already after 11 seconds the arrow of Waisur hits the target right in the bulls-eye! 2 seconds later, Kucuk hit the second circle. Also all the other participants are doing it well, except for F.Chu and Lucius, who just missed the target. All eyes are focused now on Sir Hogs-Eye. He stretches the bow and shoots the enormous arrow he uses.... Oh no! His arrow crushes the one of Waisur, making it falls down! Making only Hogs-Eye has a bulls-eye this attempt!

1) Lord Wisximus

63/69 > 60

2) Captain William Throw

71/61 => 60

3) Waisur Iarel

0/11 => 40

4) Nitnelav

31/44 => 30

5) Sir Hogs-Eye

91/86 => 100

6) Kucuk Kartal

83/13 => 115

7) Kathryn Flagg

59/16 => 65

8) Sergeant F.Chu

15/53 => 20

9) Lucius Fortunatus

11/12 => 40

Second attempt:

F.Chu curses again, where is the wind of the semi-finals? This is now much more difficult for him...

The horn blows, the first arrow hitting target is the one of William Throw. Second circle within 20 seconds!

Waisur on his side, learned from the previous attempt and awaits the shot of Sir Hogs-Eye. Once he sees the direction of the gigantic arrow, he shoots his arrow much faster. Again bulls-eye for him!! But this time it will count! Again Kucuk Kartel hits the second circle! Now it is his moment he thinks!

Nitnelav and Kathryn both had a decent shot, but not fast enough to score enough points to go to the finals. But they can be proud of themself! Just like F.Chu and Lucius, who again both missed the target. But they still can count themself by the 10 best archers of Historica!

1) Lord Wisximus

63/69 > 60 --- 76/52 => 95

2) Captain William Throw 71/61 => 60 --- 79/19 => 115

3) Waisur Iarel 0/11 => 40 --- 92/52 => 120

4) Nitnelav

31/44 => 30 --- 73/77 => 60

5) Sir Hogs-Eye

91/86 => 100 --- 11/58 => 20 (100)

6) Kucuk Kartal

83/13 => 115 --- 85/40 => 105 (115)

7) Kathryn Flagg

59/16 => 65 --- 68/28 => 80

8) Sergeant F.Chu

15/53 => 20 --- 19/67 => 10 (20)

9) Lucius Fortunatus

11/12 => 40 --- 3/56 => 20 (40)

The finals 5 => 3

"Ladies and gentlemen, I, General Willinotam Lionheart, am proud to present you the 5 finalist who are still competiting for the prices!

1) Lord Wisximus

2) Captain William Throw 3) Waisur Iarel 4) Sir Hogs-Eye

5) Kucuk Kartal

Good luck to them!"

First attempt:

And just as Lionheart said that, the wind showed Mpya Stedor it still is a grumpy element of nature... Bringing chaos to the tactics of the final 5...

The horn blows.

And none of them was even close to the third circle...

1) Lord Wisximus

3/14 => 40

2) Captain William Throw 6/43 => 20

3) Waisur Iarel 49/76 => 35

4) Sir Hogs-Eye

49/62 => 35

5) Kucuk Kartal

34/13 => 50

Second attempt:

And as fast as the wind comes, the wind goes! Still there is a fresh breeze, making it hard to predict the line of the arrow. The horn blows. Wisximus and William both shaked their head when they saw their arrow flying. This is not good...

Meanwhile at the same moment the first 2 arrows hit the target! Second circle and bulls-eye!!! Again, everybody is looking to sir Hogs-Eye now. He shoots... Bulls-eye! He roars and grunts something that is supposed to be a happy melody!

1) Lord Wisximus

3/14 => 40 --- 16/76 => 10 (40)

2) Captain William Throw 6/43 => 20 --- 14/36 => 30

3) Waisur Iarel 49/76 => 35 --- 76/29 => 105

4) Sir Hogs-Eye

49/62 => 35 --- 91/91 => 100

5) Kucuk Kartal

34/13 => 50 --- 99/29 => 130

"The 3 finalists are known!

In a few minutes Waisur Iarel, Sir Hogs-Eye and Kucuk Kartal will proove why they should be the best archer of Historica! Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for it? (needless to say who is speaking now)"

The crowd goes mad! The 3 archers are really a good match for eachother! They deserved it!

And so the real final starts:

First attempt of the three

The horn blows. All three participants are as stressed that it looks like they forgot how to shoot in these circumstances!

1) Waisur Iarel 30/30 => 40

2) Sir Hogs-Eye

37/94 => 10

3) Kucuk Kartal

46/87 => 25

Second attempt of the three

The participants are looking to eachother... The horn blows. 3 arrows are finding their way into the air, only 2 of them will finally land at the target. Still no absolute certitude after this attempt!

1) Waisur Iarel 30/30 => 40 --- 56/41 => 45

2) Sir Hogs-Eye

37/94 => 10 --- 9/43 => 20

3) Kucuk Kartal

46/87 => 25 --- 85/65 => 85

third attempt of the three

The horn blows again. For the last time this tournament. Kucuk Kartal is the first one who shoots his arrow, second circle, within the 20 seconds! Sir Hogs-Eye can't handle the stress anymore now and shoots at good luck... 3rd circle will be the destiny of the arrow. All eyes are now at Waisur. He shoots... Bulls-eye!!!!!! The crowd stops breathing. All eyes are focused on the jury. They put the number 65 in the air. The shot was 5 seconds to slow to beat Kucuk Kartal...

1) Waisur Iarel 30/30 => 40 --- 56/41 => 45 --- 94/65 => 110

2) Sir Hogs-Eye

37/94 => 10 --- 9/43 => 20 --- 62/70 => 60

3) Kucuk Kartal

46/87 => 25 --- 85/65 => 85 --- 82/16 => 115

The crowd applaud for Waisur, but then they started calling the name of the new Champion of Historica!

KUCUK KARTAL!

"May I beside our Champion, also ask Naraoug on the stage!

He will receive this (imaginary) arrow, made out of pure gold as he is the only one who managed to score 150 points!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you enjoyed the tournament! Congratulations to all 30 participants who started here. Some of you were unlucky, but we hope you all had a great time! The pubs are open again, so have a good night and a good travel back home tomorrow or later!!!"

Edited by DaMaximus

WOW! I knew that my friend Kucuk was a good archer but it is still a little hard to believe he is now the Champion Archer of Historica! Now I just hope that I am as succesful in my search for the water crystal...

Luckily for Nitnelav, he had problems putting up the bow :D

:laugh: What a fun tournament. Congrats to the Winner. And thank you DaMaximus for your outstanding work!

Kucuk, well done! 50 gold points for Kaliphlin, so we can catch up half way to Avalonia! :thumbup:

DaMaximus, the tournament was very well organized. Although I didn't enter (I suck with arrow and bow) I enjoyed reading the highlights. You are a very talented sports commentator!

great stuff, my friend ;)

We will have to penalize our archer, but as I heard, she requested asylum at your guild. Damn :) She was right, the only way she could come home is as a winner ;)

Congratulations to the winner and compliments to THE organisation for creating this fine tournament!

But, eh, can I get my money back from the wishing well please?

Wow,I didn't figure William would make it so far, anyway, congrats to Angeli for the win.

Great competition! thank you for all your hard work, it was a fun thing to participate in. the golden arrow is a wonderful trophy!

Wow, what a close finish! :o Congrats to Kucuk Kartal on a very well deserved win, and congrats to Lord Damaximus and all of Mypa Stedor for hosting such an entertaining tournament! Waisur will be assured of a rousing reception back in Peregrinus for his efforts, and more to the point (hoho), it looks as though the Evergold system is finally proving itself. Time to upgrade all of our archers i think... ;)

We will have to penalize our archer, but as I heard, she requested asylum at your guild. Damn :) She was right, the only way she could come home is as a winner ;)

That's ok, there's always plenty of room for talented archers in Kaliphlin! She might feel at home in the valley of the centaurs, i'll have to get Waisur to ask her. ;)