LEGO Guy Bri

MOC: Car Dealership

Over the past year I have toyed with the idea of building a cardealership. I started some time last October or November with a small lot and trailer for a group of Smart Cars I built. I abandoned that project wanting something a much bigger. Apart from that, I did not want a bunch of bluish grey tiles or plates over a green baseplate ( those are like gold, as I don't have many right now). I received two big, rectangular, red, baseplates with a small lot of road plates. They are non-Lego, so they will work perfectly instead of just pitching them. Inspiration can be credited to 'riggs' for his awesome dealership! I started collecting pieces last month and began building at the end of January. Here is the progression of the construction of my biggest MOC to date: The beginning of Prestige Auto default_classic.gif

Note: This is a work in progress and will be going under many renovations for the build. I have a pretty good idea of what I want it to look like, but have to build it trial by error default_classic.gif

The Floor Plan: Size comparison to modern car... A is lot of RED to cover up

moc_car_dealership_01.jpg

Building the show room:

moc_prestige_auto_02.jpg

The garage bay and car ramp and office:

moc_prestige_auto_03.jpg

Showroom Exterior:

moc_prestige_auto_06.jpg

moc_prestige_auto_07.jpg

One little problem... I forgot an entrance for potential buyers. default_blush.gif

I ditched the office (temporarily). Here is the first attempt of the entrance:

moc_prestige_auto_10.jpg

This is all for now, I hope you stay tuned. There is much, much, more to come!

As always questions and comments welcomed default_classic.gif

-LGG

Looking good so far, though a red baseplate ? :wink:

Keep going 'LGG'.....by the way what make of cars with be on display ? :wink:

Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

Looking good so far, though a red baseplate ?

Keep going 'LGG'.....by the way what make of cars with be on display ?

Thanks 'lt'.

Red is an odd color to have for the baseplate, but I will have it completely covered by the builds end. I think it's MegaB****ks or something worse. So it needs to be hidden.

As for the cars on display; I'm not sure if I want modern or classics. I was thinking about those 911's I have so many of. More will fit inside, obviously, but I could go either way. Depending on how fast the fly outa there default_laugh2.gif

I think it's MegaB****ks or something worse.

Wait...there's something WORSE?!?!?!

This is a great MOC, just get those baseplates covered. :wink:

Looks like a great start and I'm glad I helped in some small way to get you going on this!

I like the chequered tile floor and the black framed windows together with the red stripe look good too.

You have now countered inspired me to get on with my interior this weekend.....

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Thanks 'rriggs', I would say you helped in a big way! default_satisfied.gif

I finished editing more of my photos from last week, so here is a more recent views of the build. To maximize show room space it is a multilevel showroom default_classic.gif

moc_prestige_auto_08.jpg

moc_prestige_auto_12.jpg

moc_prestige_auto_19.jpg

moc_prestige_auto_16.jpg

moc_prestige_auto_21.jpg

More to come!

Thanks for looking default_classic.gif

Oh, now I didn't see this coming.....a second floor....excellent work 'LGG'....now I'm really interested to see where this one heads too ! :grin:

Brick On Drive On 'LGG' ! :grin:

After finally loading the last of the photos to Brickshelf, here is the most recent view of the lot. A revised, larger entrance (waiting on a clear door) and an entire shift of the building, to the left side of the baseplates. I, unfortunately, have to leave part of it untiled to save weight. I plan to switch the black plate for a dark gray.

moc_prestige_auto_24.jpg

The car lift:

moc_prestige_auto_28.jpg

With the length of those technic axles, I could go up another floor. For now, I am going to stick with the two.

moc_prestige_auto_27.jpg

The repair bay. It can accommodate a taller car, more so when the garage door is down.

moc_prestige_auto_30.jpg

Next on the list is finish the floors, garage, outer lot, and to make sure there are no gaps in between bricks... I never seem to see them until I get them on my computer default_blush.gif

Until next time, thanks for looking default_classic.gif

Great to see the improvements there 'LGG', neat little hoist lift....at least it works with short 4 wide vehicles....6's would tip over all the time. :blush:

Keep going 'LGG'.....Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

indexed.gif B-OV-28A

It's taken nearly a month, but I have finally finished my car dealership! That is, with the exception of stickers, they'll come later. I have decided to just use classic 4W cars to have on display.

Welcome to Prestige Auto! default_classic.gif

moc_prestige_auto_55.jpg

Repair Garage:

moc_prestige_auto_62.jpg

First Floor Show Room with wheel display:

moc_prestige_auto_65.jpg

2nd Floor Showroom:

moc_prestige_auto_66.jpg

Fully functional elevator:

moc_prestige_auto_67.jpg

For photos following the build, start to finish, click HERE.

Suggestions and comments welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks for viewing default_classic.gif

Excellent final touches you have done to your dealership and that collectable motor mechanic comes in real handy eh ? :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

It's a nice little dealership, complete with a salesman that I wouldn't trust with -anything- lol

And -plenty- of cars! It's very detailed, too, with the roof windows, roof lamps, flags all over, looks like a real dealership! GJ :thumbup:

Wow going over the progress photos really makes me appreciate the end product. Fantastic MOC man, the exterior looks really nice, and I like the diagonal entry point too. Good job

Excellent final touches you have done to your dealership and that collectable motor mechanic comes in real handy eh?

Thanks for following lt! I figured I'd throw him in there for fun. Unfortunately he won't be staying for long; planning to open his own garage someday default_blink.gif

It's a nice little dealership, complete with a salesman that I wouldn't trust with -anything- lol

And -plenty- of cars! It's very detailed, too, with the roof windows, roof lamps, flags all over, looks like a real dealership! GJ

Thanks wooootles! I chose that guy for a reason... His suit! default_laugh_new.gif JK, but I'm glad you like it default_classic.gif

Wow going over the progress photos really makes me appreciate the end product. Fantastic MOC man, the exterior looks really nice, and I like the diagonal entry point too. Good job

And thanks to you too, Big T. It was quite a long, ever-changing, but fun build for me. Now I have to find a bin that I can store it in default_classic.gif

Thanks Rail Co and The Blue Brick for commenting default_classic.gif

I love the cute little ferrari you have. The design of the whole dealership is also great.

The Ferrari is a modified version from 1256 Shell Service Station. From Mondial to 328 GTS default_classic.gif