GuilliuG built the model in SR3D. I fixed it up in MLCAD and then exported to POV-Ray, as usual.

You are welcome to do so! It will only take 20-30 hours to put them all in. :laugh:

This really is an incredible model. If the measure of a Technic model is the number of functional gears, then this wins!

Guys could some those files be made ready for download. I got to purpose one is to study the software, which I already knew. But never have mastered and secondly to allow for possible inspiration, just by look at 3d model. Because I have consider making a bucket loader from 9398 + the unimog(think PPTO, PTO and the compressor(maybe x2)) and the old 10 piece pneumatic set of an excavator.

Not sure about that... Sheepo's models ( for instance) are way more complex than this !

I'm very glad to see that some people want to built this model. Instructions will probably cost rougly 5euros for all the work involved.Hope you don't mind... :)

I am fine with it, as long as you release the raw 3d cad files. The people can do what they want, like making pov-ray renderings or make into instructions.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. But blakbird has all the files, not me, sorry.

Two new triangulars are indeed needed for a stronger built in a critical location :)

I really like the model and would love to build it!

What I dislike about pneumatic models in general are the long hoses connecting the remote.

In my opinion, it doesn't look nice and limits 'the freedom' of the model.

Q: Is it possible to build this model without the remote and still use some of the functions?

In that case, count me in!

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. But blakbird has all the files, not me, sorry.

Two new triangulars are indeed needed for a stronger built in a critical location :)

I guess that, and I am trying to hoax Blackbird into release a link to the sr3d file:cry_happy:

I really like the model and would love to build it!

What I dislike about pneumatic models in general are the long hoses connecting the remote.

In my opinion, it doesn't look nice and limits 'the freedom' of the model.

Q: Is it possible to build this model without the remote and still use some of the functions?

In that case, count me in!

Yes, remote control model would be greater but it's impossible due to space problem. Actually, there are so many gears in it that you can not add an Ir and a battery box without destroying model look. Also, control pneumatic with auto-valve take a lot of space. It was the first model I build with an external remote and honnestly, I don't find it limits freedom of the model since you are used to play with it. The thing which is more annoying is that I don't have long enough hoses, so I'm obliged to play with it on a table ( I can not stay up and play with the model on the floor). :)

All the functions are controlled with the remote, and I find that it's also one of the interest of the model (see video).

Yes, remote control model would be greater but it's impossible due to space problem. Actually, there are so many gears in it that you can not add an Ir and a battery box without destroying model look. Also, control pneumatic with auto-valve take a lot of space. It was the first model I build with an external remote and honnestly, I don't find it limits freedom of the model since you are used to play with it. The thing which is more annoying is that I don't have long enough hoses, so I'm obliged to play with it on a table ( I can not stay up and play with the model on the floor). :)

All the functions are controlled with the remote, and I find that it's also one of the interest of the model (see video).

You might be able, to reduces it to three valves on the remote and keep the rest including a compressor(8110, maybe x2 or you could include a air tank and drop the autovalves) onboard the model and rechargeable battery box, but it would fill up the cabin of it...

Yes but it has absolutly no interest in term of playability and global model conception.

I had the same shortage of pneumatic hoses when I built the FSB01 skid steer and used several 3mm rigid hoses (longest available is 20L I think), with short pneumatic hoses connecting the 3mm's. That allowed for me to hold the remote standing/walking while operating the FSB01 on the floor.

A new PF pneumatic switch would solve some of this but I suspect not always.

Also, one of the fun design aspects of Five Star Brick's and GG001's model is the remote with the pole reverser swithces etc.

I was only inspired by the way the bucket is attached to the arm. But the fsb001 uses an illegal build.

What makes the build illegal? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

As you can see on this picture :

gg001-024.jpg

4L thin liftarm are not parallel to the beam where they are attached. Fsb001 did not consider that !

What makes the build illegal? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

SeTechnic posted this PDF document on "Stressing the Elements by Jamie Berard" (Legal and Illegal Building Techniques). It shows (though many illustrations) how poor, defenseless Lego plastic elements get STRESSED (but still fit together).... :grin:

Hrm. I don't think that those parts are actually being bent out of shape... I went ahead and built a copy of that assembly with two long beams spaced a beam's width apart. After connecting some 4-length pieces and a 5-length beam to that, I had myself an assembly that would hold another beam at an angle with no bending of parts needed.

Yes but it has absolutly no interest in term of playability and global model conception.

I depends on, if just ours needs. Or it needs kids appeal.

Hrm. I don't think that those parts are actually being bent out of shape... I went ahead and built a copy of that assembly with two long beams spaced a beam's width apart. After connecting some 4-length pieces and a 5-length beam to that, I had myself an assembly that would hold another beam at an angle with no bending of parts needed.

Yes, you probably don't see it because parts are sligtly deformed ( and you can still connect them as fsb001 does without any problem) :).

My MOC is added on rebrickable :

Rebrickable

Also, if you want to pay with paypal, you will need to pay 6euros due to fees taken by paypal (it's why I prefer IBAN for europeans people).

Hmm... Sorry to bump again this thread, but I want to be sure about something :there is NO need to have a train controller to play with this model. You can use a standart battery box which is integrated on the MOC controller.

I just built this model yesterday. You might be asking yourself, "Why should I build this model when there are so many other construction models out there?" Hopefully the following pictures will help answer that question for you.

First I sorted all the parts. You can see Jennifer Clark's New Holland LS160 Skid Steer Loader in the background which I kept out for comparison. I was expecting something which looked similar but with the additional 4 wheel steer option.

dscn0885.jpg

A closer look at the parts reveals what is so special about this model. Look at the gears, the pneumatics, and the electric parts!

dscn0888.jpg

dscn0886.jpg

dscn0887.jpg

I'm having a blast playing with it now that it is all done. I can't deny that it is a challenging build. There are a million gears and axles that have to be continually tested to make sure everything spins freely and you need many meters of pneumatic tubing.

In skid steer mode one motor drives the left wheels and one drives the right. The steering is locked by a gear engaged using the small pneumatic cylinder on the bottom.

Then use the controller to switch modes and the large pneumatic shifter on top engages 4 different driving rings. Now the same two motors have new functions. One steers all 4 wheels and the other drives all 4 wheels. The 4 driven wheels use 3 differentials so the average speed of all 4 wheels is constant. The motor drives the ring gear of the center diff. The whole thing is very clever.

As you can see in this last image, it is a lot bigger than I was expecting!

dscn0895.jpg

Everything works with virtually no gear skipping. The one exception is if you drive the steering into the stops and keep the motor running. You can eliminate this problem with a clutch gear, but then the steering doesn't stay locked in skid mode.

By the way, you can build this thing without the expensive pneumatic brackets. Just use 1x4 thin liftarms to connect the actuators instead.

That's a lot of parts! A model like that is certainly deserving of the pneumatic cylinder brackets. :classic:

That looks like a fun build for sure and it's nice to know it functions well also. It certainly looks the part too. :thumbup:

Hi there,

I'm very interested in a skid loader like this. But which one would fit better in scale to the 8110 Mog?

So far

Pat

I just built this model yesterday. You might be asking yourself, "Why should I build this model when there are so many other construction models out there?" Hopefully the following pictures will help answer that question for you.

Looks great - Blackbird :cry_happy: But would you be so kind, as to answer my previous question. Regarding at least releasing the 3d file?

Hi there,

I'm very interested in a skid loader like this. But which one would fit better in scale to the 8110 Mog?

So far

Pat

The smaller one, Jennifer's model.

I'm very impressed with this model, surprised I haven't noticed it here till now.

Looks great - Blackbird :cry_happy: But would you be so kind, as to answer my previous question. Regarding at least releasing the 3d file?

Sorry, but I don't want to release the CAD file when instructions are being sold. In addition to the CAD, all the instruction details are in there and it contains all my secrets. :sweet:

Tell me Blakbird, why there is needed three new small pumps, and also big manual pump. Just curious.

Regards.