Hello everybody ! I have finished to build my version of an all wheel steer loader. My model is finished at 99% ( some parts need to be added and some colors changed ,but the global design and functionnalities won't be modified). It took me approximativly 100 houres to build and I built three frames ( two prototypes and the last version). The MOC is fully functionnal and it's a pleasure to play with. My goal was to build a playable model and I think that I've reached it.

Here is the controller. With three fingers I can control all the model functions.

gg001-001.jpg

gg001-002.jpg

And finally, my MOC, very similar to fsb001 ( I have taken the same real model as inspiration) :

gg001-024.jpg

A mini-cylinder is used to lock or unlock the steering axle :

gg001-012.jpg

M motors are located into the frame because Xl's one are too big.

gg001-010.jpg

gg001-030.jpg

gg001-032.jpg

Same if everything is built very strong, the steering cracks at the end. The same thing happens to the propulsion ( but only in reverse and when I block the wheels or try to pass a too big obstacle). The all wheel steer mod used three diffs ( like the fsb001).

Finally, here are the videos. I do not explain a lot about this model in this topic because a lot of things are explained in the video ( it's the first one I made speaking englihs so it's far to be perfect).

You can see more pictures on my brickshelf galery :

My galery

I hope you like and I'm open to any questions or comments, as usual !

Edited by GuiliuG

Looks good -- the color scheme is similar to that of a Caterpillar skid-steer loader (pictured below). Your pneumatic controller looks very advanced, and I like how the battery box is integrated into it. :classic:

skid-steer-intro.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thx Dluders, I forget to put tags for my video. I have edited my first post.

Edited by GuiliuG

Looks good -- the color scheme is similar to that of a Caterpillar skid-steer loader (pictured below). Your pneumatic controller looks very advanced, and I like how the battery box is integrated into it. :classic:

skid-steer-intro.jpg

Sorry,I only see your reply now ! Yes, the color scheme is yellow and not white because there aren't enough white parts in lego technic.For the controller, I wanted something very different to everything I have seen done by other builders and the possibility to control simultanously all the functions is very important for me. I have forgotten to say but I will create building instructions (not before a long time, unfortunately). and this model will be exposed at the french exposition fana'briques :)

Edited by GuiliuG

Sorry,I only see your reply now ! Yes, the color scheme is yellow and not white because there aren't enough white parts in lego technic.For the controller, I wanted something very different to everything I have seen done by other builders and the possibility to control simultanously all the functions is very important for me. I have forgotten to say but I will create building instructions (not before a long time, unfortunately). and this model will be exposed at the french exposition fana'briques :)

This is a truly remarkable model! I have been interested in the FSB001 for a long time, but I know that Anio built it and that it does not work properly. I'm very happy to hear that you have solved most of the problems and updated the design to modern parts. I can't wait to build one!

I was only inspired by the way the bucket is attached to the arm. But the fsb001 uses an illegal build.

Here is the first modelisation picture :

gg001_first_picture.jpg

Everything will go quicker, now that I have used a little the tool and know how it works.

Here is the first modelisation picture :

Everything will go quicker, now that I have used a little the tool and know how it works.

You mean SR3D? :sweet:

Yes, Blakbird does excellent renders! Did he use LDRAW, SR3D, or POVray for the render above?

revolve.gif

Edited by DLuders

The render is a Pov-Ray render,but GuiliuG used SR3D for his cad model above.

I would have added the hose's and cable's. :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

That looks great! I wouldn't mind building one of those as well at some point. Very nicely done! I saw Blakbird's render the other day and it has been stuck in my head ever since. :thumbup:

Yes, Blakbird does excellent renders! Did he use LDRAW, SR3D, or POVray for the render above?

GuilliuG built the model in SR3D. I fixed it up in MLCAD and then exported to POV-Ray, as usual.

The render is a Pov-Ray render,but GuiliuG used SR3D for his cad model above.

I would have added the hose's and cable's.

You are welcome to do so! It will only take 20-30 hours to put them all in. :laugh:

This really is an incredible model. If the measure of a Technic model is the number of functional gears, then this wins!

This really is an incredible model. If the measure of a Technic model is the number of functional gears, then this wins!

I agree, awesome work GuiliuG. When I first saw it on BS earlier this year, I finally felt okay dismantling my FSB001 as I've needed some of its parts but liked it too much despite its dysfunction :laugh: The new hope was to build this sometime down the road.

Blakbird, have you built it yet, or is it on the project list?

Next thought is instructions (of course), myself and many others would gladly contribute to both of you for the ability to build our own GG001.

Blakbird, have you built it yet, or is it on the project list?

Not yet but yes, it is on my list.

Not sure about that... Sheepo's models ( for instance) are way more complex than this !

I'm very glad to see that some people want to built this model. Instructions will probably cost rougly 5euros for all the work involved.Hope you don't mind... :)

Notice finished !

test.jpg

With a magnificient render by blakbird :

gg001.jpg

Notice costs 5euros. Money is splitted 50/50. You can naturally give more if you want. So, to have the notice, you contact me at guillaume.meurisse@gmail.com. I give you all the informations needed for payment( iban). And as soon as I have checked that it's done, I send to you the file. When you paid, please write "notice for GuiliuG" ( with your name instead of guiliug). Naturally, I trust you that you're not going to send the notice to everybody.

I hope I was clear, if not ask your question here !

If you build this model, please don't forget to post a picture on this topic and to say what you think about it.

Enjoy building !

It looks amazing! I need to finish up a couple of projects and then I will build one. Thanks for all of the hard work that went into this. :thumbup: Not sure if I have enough gears to build it! :classic:

Thanks. Here is the part list, it's indeed a good idea to see before if you have all the parts needed :)

part_list.jpg

Edited by GuiliuG

Thanks for posting that! Nothing really jumps out right away except for the pneumatic cylinder brackets - those are getting pretty spendy lately. That thing is a parts beast! I see some new style triangular liftarms - are those needed for gear clearance or aesthetics? I think they look a little better.

Edited by Technic Gearhead