Sign in to follow this  
Pepa Quin

MOC: The Order of the Stick

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to share my newest creation: a six-panel mosaic of the characters from The Order of the Stick:

6886642323_60c3fdf4da_z.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, The Order of the Stick is a very good webcomic where the characters exist in world based on the rules of D&D (as opposed to our world, which is lamely based on rules of Physics). I highly recommend checking it out, just make sure you check the clock now and then and remember to eat and sleep.

Thanks for checking it out!

-Matt

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This looks great. It's hard to tell from the photo, but how big is each panel? The figures look great and true to the comic!

This looks great. It's hard to tell from the photo, but how big is each panel? The figures look great and true to the comic!

Each one is on a 10x10 baseplate. This image (from the backside of each) might give you a better sense:

6886642199_1360223991.jpg

*huh* So cool! It's so perfect, too. It's almost like they've been printed on the Lego. Keeping the characters their respective heights in their frames also turned out really well.

Really nice! Haley even has that stray strand of hair, and the expressions are perfect. :thumbup:

Wish I could make something like this.

The only one who looks off is Vaarsuvius, the hair looks too light purple to me. :sceptic:

The only one who looks off is Vaarsuvius, the hair looks too light purple to me. :sceptic:

Yeah, I knew someone would figure that out. ;)

Choosing the right purple was tough since it's a rare color (or colors). The most ideal hues simply did not come in the right parts, or the right parts were far too rare and would just not be worth it. I finally settled on the new 'Medium Lavender' that was introduced in the Friends sets. The pieces were far easier to obtain and there is enough variety for my needs.

Great stuff. Should we consider this The Order of the Brick?

Hope you'll do something else along these lines at some point - I can't help but feel Thog would very much like to be represented in Lego. :wink:

Pepa Quin is a member here?! :oh: Incredible! Our subforum blog actually promoted your CUUSOO project not too long ago. Being a sucker for plate-based SNOT builds in general (I still remember how taken I was with your ARC-170 during FBTB's Episode III UCS contest, and of course your Falcon is still the best out there :wub:) I absolutely loved the superb shaping and the ridges on your opee sea killer.

I'm not familiar with this webcomic, but from the link you've provided you've captured the look of these simple caricatures nicely, the bricks adding a 'pixelated' feel that definitely makes them more cartoony. Almost like seeing them in a SNES game. :thumbup:

The web comic is also "available" in paper format, and there is even three books that are print-only.

Only "available" though, as they are mostly out of print.

There is however a pledge drive in order to get them reprinted, and the pledge is getting close to 1.000.000 dollars collected.

Some great items / gifts, like hit point pads, stickers, a board game, 8 pdf stories, fridge magnets and so on.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive

If, you haven't already, check it out and see if this is something for you.

I am not associated with this pledge or OotS, just a fan.

As for lego copy, love it!

Love it! Big fan of OoTS and these are really well done.

This little group I made usually appears somewhere in my castle or town displays as a kind of "easter egg":

613943286_4e2dfe8c40_m.jpg

Wow! All of these are just amazing. There has been quite a few great mosaics on here lately.

I like how you SNOTted them all, it gives a much more smoother feel to the pictures, like they're printed on. If you zoomed out some, I bet you'd not see the lines from in-between the bricks.

Edited by Legocrazy81