Bonaparte

10224 Town Hall

Does anyone have trouble seeing the video? I can't watch it, they say it's private.

Me too! :sad:

Perhaps to revise the video start? If so, then it adds to rumor mill

Perhaps to revise the video start? If so, then it adds to rumor mill

Well, I also managed to miss that... :sceptic:

Did anyone care to download a copy of the video?

Luckiely I saw it earlier. But know when I wanted to make clooser studies its gooooone :cry_sad:

Did anyone care to download a copy of the video?

Luckiely I saw it earlier. But know when I wanted to make clooser studies its gooooone :cry_sad:

Yes; I did wen I get back home later I will create a link!

I guess that TLG removed the video cause people where drooling more over Astrid then the Town Hall! :drool:

I think the video was removed by LEGOClubTV on Youtube, I don't know why.

Maybe because of the pics of the upcoming sets of R2D2 and the monster house ;-) ?

Greetings

ThomaS

Who said that girls can't play with bricks? Go Astrid!

Tillykke med det flotte resultat Astrid! Glæder os til at det kommer i handlen :sweet:

*edited out comment as it didnt really add much*

From looking at this, compared to the other modular buildings I have seen, it seems to be missing a certain 'flare'... or something... quirkyness? :wacko:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Sweet. The elevator is an interesting feature and allows for those open balconies at the inside instead of the usual staircase. I like that very much. But why has the mayor a frog sculputure on his desk? Am I the only who thinks this is weird :laugh:

Regarding the price, I must say it's very fair. They just raised it as much as necessary to make up for the additional pieces. 180€ for 2760 pcs is on the same level as 150€ for 2200 pcs, so I won't complain.

I "ticked" on the frog as well, how can this be useful on a mayor's desk??? It might be a paperweight??? default_laugh_new.gif

This set looks absolutely stunning, and will look brilliant with the others (as long it is not put next to the Pet Shop! :tongue: )

Have large HR official images added to my BS gallery!

Enjoy ! :wink:

grogall, don't know how you manage it but... after a few days with no post on the new modular, you posted one last night saying we might get some official press release soon...mhmhm and today.... mhmhmmh

THANKS for sharing the info!!!

Well what do you guys (and girls) think: will the next modular be the ''normal'' price ? of for example 150 Euro's or are we going to be scr*wed by TLG and eventually end up paying as much as a Death Star xD ??

And I have found one good point about the Town hall being more expansive: you get more VIP points :P, and especially with the Double Points that are awarded from March 1 until March 15 (source: upcoming calendar of the Lego Store in Köln(Cologne, Germany))

@LegoDad

A bank with a drive through ??... What the hell .. I knew things where strange in the USA but this xD

A bank with a drive through ??... What the hell .. I knew things where strange in the USA but this xD

I've seen this in Germany as well... (Kassel), it would definitely be great to have some kind of drive through!!!

But for the moment I'll be satisfied with an elevator default_blush.gif

Eventhough, as someone said, for me too a modular is "static" and not meant for play, but I guess this was just meant to switch form stairs...

Actually I recall some people saying that the escalators in GE would have been cooler if they were working, and thinking myself, oh yeah that would have been fun... but to build, not to play with...default_laugh_new.gif

*edited out comment as it didnt really add much*

From looking at this, compared to the other modular buildings I have seen, it seems to be missing a certain 'flare'... or something... quirkyness? :wacko:

I agree. It's missing "something". I don't find it as interesting to look at as the others. I also find the inside detail to be quite weak. Better to have left it open concept, and let us design our own.

The elevator does not add much.

Overall it's very nice, and I'm sure I'll buy at least 1 copy, but I would not rank it up there with Green Grocer, Cafe Corner, or even the Emporium set.

The town hall looks lovely! I'm a bit amazed by the $200 price, but I guess that's because of all the pieces and the size. :classic:

I was expecting Jamie to present it, but I thank Astrid did. :wub:

You have to love the elevator, that is an enormous surprise, the amount of interior detail is amazing, the pics show so many you can only stare and admire, and the video actually shows the dimensions we may have suspected about it. The size of the building is huge, am glad is that way as the town hall should be an impossing view on a city.

Overall I like the pack of minifigs and the new printings, the spaceman shirt is my favorite.

PS. I laughed with the amount of comments refering to Astrid, I hope Jamie shows her this thread. :laugh:

What is the piece that is milky white and connects the bottom of the dish below the globe to what I think is an upside-down palm tree trunk?

townhall11.jpg

Edited by Cara

Lego designs are 100% in the details. So, that's how I'd apportion the credit to her. Even if the same overall concept is similar (it's a standard building type), it's not really the same design at all.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm totally with you on the details part, and I'm sure she's responsible for the (very impressive) design. But surely, you're not dismissing the fact that it's very similar to the 2007 building? I mean, even the interior layout is basically the same. Anyway, I assume that the design process at a company like Lego is very much teamwork, so although there's one main designer, a whole lot of others have probably provided input.

This is an amazing modular, a great addition.

-Price is justified, because it is noticeably larger than the rest of the series, as well as that 2700 piece count.

-With price/piece ratio out of the way, I would say $200 is still justified because it's the modular line, one of the few 'extreme/super high end' LEGO sets tailored at an older audience. Not like $150 is cheap, either. It's like worried that the price of the new Lamborghini is now $400k instead of the $300k last time around.

-It's less flashy in terms of architectural detail that the rest of the line. It's ok to me, IMO, because it's huge anyway, it doesn't need the extra attention it would get

-Green Grocer is still the best. That set may as well be the modular line's ATG (all time great)

-Astrid :wub:

Edited by wooootles

I'm drooling over Astrid. :wub_drool: She is beautiful and she is a LEGO designer, a win-win situation. Anyways, I think the town hall is looking great. At first, I thought it was a 'meh' kind of set, but once the official images and video got released, my thoughts changed instantly. This a must-have for me, and probably for all LEGO collectors. Though, I don't even have the Fire Brigade yet. Got to start quickly and build my way up to the Town Hall. Oh, did I mention how beautiful Astrid is? :wink::wub:

EDIT: I apologize for my disrespectful/creepy comments on Astrid.

Edited by Legobrandon

In contrast to a few other posters, I actually think the interior is one of the best (if not the best) yet of the modular line. Maybe its just that its more airy than some other buildings while still being full of goodies, but overall I think this sets has the best use of space so far.

As for the frog, why not? Either a paperweight, or a souvenir, or something his kid/nephew/niece made him, or maybe it hides a secret key or alarm button... :laugh: