Sign in to follow this  
Erynlasgalen

Embassy Kalilia

Weary Kaliphlin citizens are always happy when the Kalilia Embassy comes in sight after a long day of traveling. The green scenery is a stark contrast to what most of the desert dwellers are used to, but the embassy architecture makes you feel right at home, no matter how far it is away.

(Kalilia has no exact location in Avalonia yet- if someone thinks it would fit well in their realm let me know and I'll update the post :)

6878168721_52a5a87c96_m.jpg

Embassy by erynlasgalen, on Flickr

6878169047_44870b8023_m.jpg

embassy-8 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr

6878168901_0e987f7245_m.jpg

embassy-5 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr[/center]

6878168953_1fe716b0f5_m.jpg

embassy-6 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr

6878169273_4e3021497d_m.jpg

embassy-15 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr

6878168771_cde192cb32_m.jpg

embassy-1 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr[/center]

Click on any of the links to go directly to a larger picture -also posted on Flickr are more views and different angles. Total size is 48X36, currently the largest MOC I have ever done.

Comments are welcome, thanks for looking!

looks great! lots of nice details and I think you did a great job of representing both Avalonia with the landscape and kaliphlin with the architecture.

A lovely build, is so natural it seems real.

Excellent job. :thumbup:

Lovely build, a welcome sight indeed for the Kaliphlin traveller. Really like the duckpond, and your balcony railings are very effective. The sand blue highlights looks great with the tan colours, it`s a pity it`s so hard to get hold of in decent quantity, you used it really well here.

:classic:

Oh, that is just beautiful! :wub::wub: So simple, yet elegent and complete. Lovely work! :thumbup:

A stunning moc, the embassy looks great against the landscape and I like the plants growing on the wall, the pond is lovely and the ducks are cute, those sunflowers from the MVR look nice too and the fence and steps are fab. Is there an interior? This is a wonderful embassy :thumbup:

Fantastic work and a strong entry for the Kaliphlin cause. You've used simple techniques to create some lovely architecture.

The combination of tan and light bluish grey looks beautiful.

One thing - the photos on Flickr seem a bit blurry? I hope you don't mind me pointing that out.

Thank you for all the compliments! :blush:

I seriously debated on whether it was too simple or not, but I'm glad I went with my gut!

Is there an interior?

I ran out of time to add anything inside, except for decorative back wall you can see through the doors. I don't think this will be last incarnation of it though, once I get more time I want to make it more modular and add an interior to it.

One thing - the photos on Flickr seem a bit blurry? I hope you don't mind me pointing that out.

Not at all, thank you for letting me know! I brought my originals up and put them side by side and they definitely are out of whack. I'm not entirely sure what happened when they uploaded, the originals are nice and clear, but they are a little blurry when I bring up some of the larger views on Flickr. I'll try to re-upload everything later at a higher resolution and see if that helps.

I like it! I bet I could learn some things from you about LEGO landscaping. I have a tendency to turn mine into either a simplistic well manicured lawn or a dense jungle. :sweet:

Great job with this Embassy! The terrain is great! I really like the staircase and the balcony, and the pond is very well done too. The round 1x1s are very popular with Avalonians. Excellent MOC!

I think this is one of the prettiest embassies in our guild. It just screams relaxation to me. And we all know that Kaliphlinites work hard so they can relax in luxury. Great job with this embassy.

I just love the scenery in this MOC. It is so nice. The pond, the tree. The stairs. I just wish the pictures were a bit bigger here in Eurobricks so I could see them a bit more clearly, but beautiful work.