Sign in to follow this  
Lobot

MOC - Watto's Junkyard

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my entry for the Episode I Community Build

Ok, I'll admit it that this isn't my favourite SW film but I thought that I'd give it a bash. I simply refuse to own a Jar-Jar Binks so he's missing from this scene. I was debating doing an 'alternative version' with Ben Kenobi slotting Jar-Jar with his lightsaber :wink: But I digress....

Anyway, I'm moderately pleased with this; as usual limited by my supply of spare bricks & talent. I used a couple of screenshots as a guide. I'm quite pleased with a couple of the robots; I wanted to build the pit droid in brown, but 'Pick a brick' didn't have the necessary parts available so dark grey will have to do! It's 30 x 24 studs & illuminated by 5 x sets of Technic LEDs.

Credit to Lego for the design of the white Gonk Droid which is very similar to the Sandcrawler version & the 'rebreather' on the floor (I love the design!)

Anyway, I hope that you like it. C & C welcome :classic:

Watto spots another sale:

watto3.jpg

A slightly different angle:

watto4.jpg

The (unusual) suspects:

watto5.jpg

From above (without the LEDS):

watto6.jpg

Edit: New photos added

I really like this Lobot. You've managed to pull off the cluttered, junk yard feel without making the whole scene just look a mess of Lego and imho that's not easy to do. :thumbup:

I admire your refusal to own a Binks minifig :laugh:

Fantastic, what i like is how watto is flying and the jusk is just enough.I also like the LED work as usual. Great job with this scene LOBOT. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like it. Lots of nice greeble here, and like Lightningtiger said, the inclusion of the LEDs really adds to it! :thumbup: I'm guessing that's not supposed to be C-3PO in the backroom? Because he is supposed to be sitting "naked" in Anakin's room. :grin:

Very nice, you have made the build 'messy' enough to resemble the chaotic sight of the junk shop, though I think it is not complete unless you have Jar Jar mucking around with that little robot from the scene

I'm quite a sucker for MOCs that I've seen for the first time in brick-built, and you've really done a wonderful job in recreating Watto's Junkyard Lobot! The detailing is very convincing and is just about the right amount, not too much nor lacking, and the use of LEDs accentuate the build even better. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is great Lobot, it balances scrapyard detail without been cluttered. No pit droids? However will we have some comic relief :sceptic:.

It seems someone beat me to building this scene! No matter, I will try to create my own interpretation in due time... If everything goes as planned. :laugh:

You did some lovely greebles and details in this scene, and I love the metal hanging around. It's

a nicely done contribution to the community build. I enjoyed it. :sweet:

Thanks for the comments everyone, really appreciated :blush: I've added a couple of extra photos which I took in daylight.

I like it. Lots of nice greeble here, and like Lightningtiger said, the inclusion of the LEDs really adds to it! :thumbup: I'm guessing that's not supposed to be C-3PO in the backroom? Because he is supposed to be sitting "naked" in Anakin's room. :grin:

He's standing in for a battered protocol droid that's in the scene. If you look closely he's lurking at the back of the room and crashes to the floor when the Pit droid runs away!

I'm quite a sucker for MOCs that I've seen for the first time in brick-built, and you've really done a wonderful job in recreating Watto's Junkyard Lobot! The detailing is very convincing and is just about the right amount, not too much nor lacking, and the use of LEDs accentuate the build even better. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thank you!! :blush::blush:

I Love the design, how the greeting meshes with clean lines of the walls and how the various random pieces come together to create an orderly clutter. The design of the piece comes about as close to movie accurate as you can get, and the placement of the minifigs perfectly shows their relationship and status.

very detailed...

i luv the droids and those overhead machines.....

jar jar is awesome..... no offense.

but i would still love to see him get decapitated

he ca nbe a bit annoyin sometimes..... :tongue:

Well, you got the store part of watto's junkyard but you didn't really build the junkyard it's self. Over all it's not a big deal because you built the watto's store in nearly perfect detail.Well done!

I must say, I really like you recreation of this scene. It looks real cozy - especially considered all the terrible things that happened here. I mean Watto being a slave owner, blowing up slaves left and right - and very possibly being the real farther of Darth Vader - sorry Shmi, but I don't buy that virgin Mary midiclorian story...

But I digress...

This is really well made and something I would't mind having on my shelf - even though TPM isn't my very favorite SW documentary :wink: