badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Sign Up Thread

banner_groot.jpg

Yakuza Family - The Mafia Game

The year is 2012. The last decade the Yakuza Family hasn't been on the news. It's like they vanished off the face of the earth. But you know that's not true. You are a proud member of the Yakuza Family and the last decade you guys have been organizing the crime in Japan. No longer out in the open but behind the screens. The people of Japan have come to think that the Yakuza Family has been eliminated, they couldn't be more wrong!

Yakuza Family Tree

family_tree.jpg

There are 32 slots available in this game for advanced mafia players.

The game will follow the Standardised EB Mafia Game Rules, with a few minor modifications.

To sign up, please post in this thread indicating:

1) A brief summary of your previous mafia experiences on EB

2) Indicate your availability for frequent posting for the next 6 weeks

3) Please tell me some more about your basic knowledge of Japanese language/history/culture

1) I won Scouts' Imperial Mafia and was murdered on Day 4 in Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives Mafia School (which I passed). I wouldn't consider myself a hardened veteran, but I don't think I'm a mafia noob either.

2) I will definitely be available for frequent posting over the next 6 weeks.

3) My knowledge of Japanese culture and history is admittedly pretty basic and is largely based on games such as Shenmue and

. Definitely not a fan of anime, but I've got tons of respect for the Japanese gaming industry. I do not have any tangible knowledge of the Japanese language other than how Engrish sounds, but I'm sure that doesn't count - although if need be I could try and recite something from Zelda or some of X Japan's more famous tunes... Oh, and I'm not sure if that's of any significance, but I do love sushi :grin:

Really looking forward to this Mafia game, and I hope I'm picked for participation. Thanks for your consideration!

I'd love to play!

1: I survived Cirque Du Freak, played (but was lost the whole time) in Suburbia, and Played Two-Face In Gotham City Mafia.

2: I'll be gone from the 22nd to the 27th of this month, but here until then here until the end of March if necessary.

3: Eastern Hemisphere, East of Russia, involved in WWII, that's about it. :grin: But there were Ninja! Or was that China?

Hi I am going to give it a go, if you'll let me. :classic:

1.) I passed as Sir Carrots in Def's Witchbreed Mafia School, and I played as Mellifluous Murgatroyd in Pandora and Rufus' Imhotep Mafia game.

2.) I am very much around, checking EB multiple times a day, most days, no vacations or anything ;)

3.) Ive followed History in high school, from which we had one part of Japanese History, which I found pretty interesting. I am pretty familiar with the Japanese pop-culture, and I enjoy listening to certain J-rock bands, even though I have no idea what they are singing :grin:

Edited by Scubacarrot

Yay, it's up early! I saw the character list on your flickr a couple of weeks ago, and I've been eagerly anticipating this game ever since! I'd love to play! :cry_happy:

1. My Mafia history is getting kind of long, so you can view it on my profile.

2. I don't have anything going on for the next six weeks, so I'm free to play. :thumbup:

3. I actually took a Japanese language class a few years back, and I have some 'Learn Japanese' books that I'm currently trying to teach myself out of (although I haven't picked them up in months! :laugh:). I can speak/write/read very limited Japanese,

and I know just about the whole Hiragana alphabet. I know a little about Japanese holidays (like how people in Japan go to KFC on Christmas), and a bit about the culture (traditional and pop).

I also watch a lot of anime and read some manga. Not sure if that counts or not.

1) Dystopia, Hogwarts, Eurodina, Gotham, Werewolf, Baritones 3, Bloodbricks II, Imhotep.

2) I'm free, and here most of the day anyway. :thumbup:

3) Not much in particular, but I pretty much live on the History channel, so I have a fair enough grasp.

Hope I can do better in this game than most of my other ones lately. :sweet:

It's been a while since I've been in a Mafia game, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

1) I've been in (and lost) Dystopia, Euodina and the PoP Bloodbath. If it counts, I also won Red Scare

2) I'm free for the next six weeks.

3) Like K-Nut, my knowledge is fairly limited, however I do have extensive knowledge into the Japanese actions in WW2, as that is one of my larger interests.

Hi badboy! After your great work in the Circus I would love to play in this one.

I passed Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives Mafia School, and I played in ADO15 and The_Penguin's Gotham Mafia. I was also in def's Coming Darkness Mafstery game.

I'll be on every day

3) Please tell me some more about your basic knowledge of Japanese language/history/culture

Just some cartoon/anime stuff like Transformers Car Robots and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Signing up.

1. I've played in... 12 games since Noir. Details on profile page.

2. I'll be able to post all the time, no vacations are planned.

3. No more than basic history and culture. I go to the local sushi joint occasionally and watch anime. That's about it. :blush:

I'm hoping to redeem myself.

I've played in 15 games, all of them you can see on my About Me profile.

I will be able to post for the next 6 weeks.

I love U.S. History, as it's going to be my major next year, so admittedly my Japanese history is a bit basic. What I do know is mostly from the U.S. involvement with Japan, for example in 1853 (I believe 53') when Commodore Matthew Perry arrived in Japan in an attempt to open trade. I also know Japan was in a war with Russia at the start of the twentieth century, in which they won and slowly became more important in the world.

I'd like to sign up.

1) I was in Witchbreed Mafia School and the Curse of IMHOTEP.

2) I am generally on daily and should be able to contribute as needed.

3) I know a little bit about Japanese feudalism and their involvement in WWII, but nothing more recent in great detail.

Yes please!!!

1. I've played in your Mafia School, and also in Gotham City Mafia, in which I was lynched day 5 or 6 :tongue:

2. I will be available.

3. I love Japanese culture although I have no Japanese descent. I am a fan of Anime; I love Japanese food :laugh: I also, am interested in the Samurai - Their ways/code of honor etc.

To be even more succinct, I'd just love to play in a Japanese themed Mafia game about the Yakuza and their families (however fictional it is portrayed). :classic:

Okay let's see here....

1) Four games so far, Fabuland Housewives, Baritones 3, Manuel Bukowski, and Gotham City Mafia. Let's see if I can survive more than one day as an active townie. :laugh:

2) Let's see, nothing! Awesome! I will be around 24/7.

3) Sadly, not much. Just the basic stuff that normal people would know. :grin: Maybe I should look it up....

:excited:

1. I won as Town Cop in Isla Paradisa Mafia School, died in the conclusion of Baritones 3 as a n00bish Town PGO, was lynched Day 6 as Town for general sheepishness in Bloodbrick II, was lynched Day 7 as the last surviving Scum Framer and Bus Driver in Gotham Mafia, and was lynched on Day 3 as the Scum Godfather of IMHOTEP Mafia.
  2. I might be away for ten days at the end of March, but I know for certain that I'll have Internet access during that time. I just might not be as active as I usually am during that time.
  3. Not much, really. I know a good bit about Japanese food, since it's one of my favorite cuisines, and I know the basic history of Japan. As Gotham Mafia proves, though, I'm good at doing research when I'm playing mafia.

Hi I'd love to play! :wub:

1) I've played in 8 mafias over the years and I've done crap to ok in the games I have played. But I feel I've learnt quite a lot on my break from mafia games (and EB) and I am definitely ready to get back into it! I changed my name from Roncanator to RileyC so if you don't recognise me that's probably why. :sweet:

2) I am able to be frequently posting for the 6 weeks so that's no problem for me :classic:

3) I think I know a far bit about the Japanese culture. Having studied the language for 4 years now and having been to Japan also I feel like I know quite a lot about the language and culture. History is probably lacking a little but I can certainly research if need be! But I think I have a fairly basic understanding of Japanese history :classic:

The game looks great! :thumbup:

Yay, its up!

1. Cirque du Freak and Witchbreed.

2. I'm available.

3. Very interested in Japanese history, Edo period to WWII and how they took over Taiwan. Can understand a little Japanese and love sushi, also watch a lot of their movies and tv shows.

Edited by VolcanicPanik

1. Survivor and Winner in Gotham as a vigilante, died night two as scum blocker in cirque de freak.

2. I am available all that time.

3. I know about Ninja, Sushi,WW2, anime and a bit about the Yakuza.

Looks like a big game, badboy! I hope to be a part of it! :classic:

1. I won Eurodina and Curse of Imhotep, and also played Hogwarts, Bloodbrick's Asylum, Village of the Bloody Damned and The Coming Darkness, as well as co-hosted Gotham City Mafia.

2. I should be able to check and/or post everyday for the duration of the game.

3. To be honest, my knowledge is pretty basic. I can remember numbers 1-10 from my karate classes and know the basics/stereotypes you see on TV, but not much more than that, so I hope to learn a bit here.

1. Passed in Cirque du Freak

2. After the 22nd, I'll have plenty of free time.

3. Honestly, not that much, but willing to learn as necessary

1) I passed in def's witchbreed mafia school getting slaughtered by a SK and a witchbreed

2) I will be able to post frequently for the next 6 weeks

3) I like Japanese things ranging from anime(japanese animation) to yakitori(grilled skewered chicken) to kanji(dialect of Japanese)

:classic:

I'd love to take part in your mafia badboytje, but I'm away for about 10 days late March and I don't believe I will have regular Internet access. I do look forward to following this one from the bleachers though! :thumbup:

1. I've played quite a few mafia games so far, feel free to look at my profile, I've got them all there. :classic:

2. I'll have an oral examination in March, but except for that, school's all but over, and I've got nothing to do after that, so I'll be able to post frequently from now until, say, September. I figure that will be enough. :wink:

3. I tried to learn some Hiragana characters at some point, but I never quite got the hang of it. I might try again, though. I don't speak Japanese (but I've watched Hetalia in Japanese, does that count? :tongue: ). About history, I'm very interested in the history of Japan, I've read a lot about the Sengoku Jidai, the Azuchi-Momoyama period, the Edo period and the Meiji era, which are the ages I'm interested in most. I've also read a bit about the Gempei war, Japan during WW2 under Hirohito and modern Japan, but not that much. I've also seen some Akira Kurosawa movies playing during that age, i.e. Kagemusha, Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro and Throne of Blood. I've also seen the first half of Last Samurai, but I never got to watch in fully. I've seen a few Yakuza-themed movies as well, but I don't know how accurate they are.

I don't know that much about present-day Japanese culture, I've never been there, I've watched one or two documentaries at some time, and I've read a bit, but not much. I'm more of a historican, really. :grin:

32 slots, that's rather much, I think. Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead. I'm really excited about the game, and I hope I'll manage to get into it. The characters sure do look good. :classic:

Looks nice! :classic:

1. I've played in Werewolf Mafia, Fabuland Houswives, Bloodbrick II, an Gotham City. Not very well though... :blush:

2. I'll be free. Won't be around all day but I probably won't be away for long periods.

3. Not very much I must admit. But I like history a lot, so I know a reasonable amount.

3) Please tell me some more about your basic knowledge of Japanese language/history/culture[/i]

1) A more detailed list can be found on my 'About Me' page, but here's a summary, including my opinions of each of my performances:

• Baritones - Little more than a sheep. I had little idea what a Mafia Game was.
  • Galatic Paranoia - I was an invesitgator underneath JBlue, then a Black Sun member under Shadows. I had planned to tell my previous allies that I was still the investigator, and that they could trust me, but the vigilante beat them to it. Not bad, but far from my best.
  • Mystical Castle - One of my favourites. I was conservative in voting, which helped me gained some trust. I survived to the end, mostly because there were bigger fish to fry (or in this case, kill) than me.
  • Dystopia - My first scum role. I can't remember much from it, but I recall being found out due to the meta-gamey reason of being the last in my ingame family left alive. :hmpf:
  • Hogwarts Mafia - I must confess to meta-gaming here. I kept thinking that the Malfoy would be scum, or that there'd be one scum in the staff, another in Ravenclaw, etc. Too much Harry Potter knowledge didn't get me anywhere! :blush:
  • Eurodina - I tried to be more active here, creating a few alliances behind closed doors, and attempting to be more of a leader in the day threads. Nothing really came of it, but I did enjoy it.
  • Werewolf Mafia - Investigator, and Gary Coleman in Hinck's play. Didn't do too bad in the day threads, and believe I was quite helpful on my own. I felt I earned that survival more.
  • The Forest Mafia - Ah. Well, at the very least I went out singing. One of my worst performances.
  • Bloodbricks II - koilette.gif
  • Prison Riot! - An experimental Mafia, but a Mafia nevertheless. I was on one of four scum teams, so as you can imagine it was rather hectic. Once again, roleplaying overtook Mafia playing in my mind.
  • Gotham City Mafia - Scum, and a rather poor one at that! :tongue: Suspicion was aroused when I said there'd be a 5:30 scum:townie ratio (using what a townie might call basic mathematics). I was tracked, and then it all went downhill from there.
  • IMHOTEP - More roleplaying! :laugh: Another investigator, this time finding virgins. Due to exams, I wasn't as active as I would've liked, but still tried in the background regardless. Another survival that felt earned.

2. Should be mostly free.

3. In a spate of ignorance, rather little I'm afraid.

3. In a spate of ignorance, rather little I'm afraid.

Yeah, but the second you get your role PM, you'll be spewing Japanese. :laugh: