CptMugwash

Kaliphlin Lodge in Konugard, Mitgardia.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the Kaliphlin Lodge in Konugard, Mitgardia.

6876135365_e901498b5b.jpg6876140839_836db5321b.jpg6876139539_1c1473ebae.jpg

The Lodge is a place where traders can negotiate prices and exchange items to be shipped to Kaliphlin. Outside there is a small market stall selling fresh exotic fruit such as coconuts, bananas and grapes, the seller already has a customer!

Up high on the roof top there are two watchmen keeping an eye on things, in times of need these men are able to assist the locals.

During the day in the bright sun the golden domes gleam like a ray of light signalling to guildsmen from the surrounding moutains.

Out back two hard workers are gathering wood to keep the lodge warm.

The building combines local Mitgardian architecture with traditional Kaliphlinian style, the first half made of sturdy timber treated by Kaliphlin black oil and local sourced stone whilst the second half is imported sandstone finished with ornate golden domes on the roof.

6876129423_8b6e2a97a5.jpg6876130403_7f4408ea96.jpg6876130935_ce30a3f2ba.jpg

Inside you are greeted by the warmth of the fires and the smell of freshly cooked food aswell as local ale and imported wine, mmm.

Two traders are arguing about prices as usual. The chef is preparing some meat and a courier is making haste with an important document.

As night decends the fires eminate a warm glow.

6876127625_5845493e0d.jpg6876127027_98aa8f4d9b.jpg

Upstairs the ambassador, Bakavasa Dosta of Samrd'dha with architect Kcaj Nosnikta and Lord Jakon Rytight of Konugard discuss important issues, straight to business!

6876141383_5d15b39238.jpg

And it's modular.

For more photos see my Flickr.

C&C welcome, thanks.

Edited by CptMugwash

This fits well in our Mitgardian lands! Great job on the walls but the interior is what I liked most!

Very nice Cpt Mugwash! The light brick is a great touch. The interior furnishings are lovely, I really like the bookcase and fireplace especially.

:classic:

Jakon Thank you, we are very honoured to have our embassy in your fine village.

Eccles Thanks, the interior was the most fun for me, it's just a pain when you have to rearrange those tiles.

Rob I had a few light bricks and wanted to use them, perfect opportunity and were pretty easy to do. My favourite is the bookcase too, horizontal tiles simple but effective, least favourite is the barrel holder I didn't know how to make a good one.

Cheers.

Wow,

I am so happy to see such quality embassies coming out of our guild - and at least two great ones today!!!

Excellent build! Puts mine to shame! I love the interior, really well done my friend! I like the Mitgardia on bottom, Kaliphlin on top - its meshes well, also the discolored side with the darker tan pattern is really nice looking. You made the offset of color without too much texture work really well.

love how this is modular. That is something I want to work on for future builds.

Nice Lodge indeed and awesome interiors!

I used a removable wall to show the interior of my embassy, but it's much nicer to make it modular.

Although the golden domes seem somewhat out of place in the snow I still like the building very much. Great job on fusing the Kaliphlin and the Mitgardian style!

SkaSo far I think all our embassies are great :tongue: I didn't have enough bricks to have the same on the front but with a little variation. Is your's up? I do hope it is in time. I couldn't find it on the forum.

MikeThat's something I like to have in most builds because it adds to the playability and I look forward to seeing those builds.

Soccer Thanks, the arches work well for both mitgardian and avalonian architecture.

Balth Cheers, a removable wall is just as good and gives you a minifig's pov.

Kabel Thank you, I did try and think about adding some snow on top or something to make them fit in a bit better and thinking about it now I could have added some 4x4 white discs which might have worked, but I always think the domes are an easy way to incorporate the Kaliphlin style.

Thanks for all the comments.

Brilliant work. A fantastic addition to the Kaliphlin guild! :thumbup:

Some fantastic little details in here. Firstly I love the exterior and the way that you mixed Kaliphlin and Mitgardian styles. I particularly love the roof - it reminds me of an Orthodox church or similar.

But me the interior makes this MOC. Firstly, you bothered building one (I rarely do) but secondly I love the little details. The bookcase, fireplace, lighting, etc! The list goes on!

All is excellent and wish you best of luck in the contest.

Lovely embassy build CptMugwash, looks very spacious inside - lots of room to take good interior shots! (I always seem to end up so cramped in mine :sceptic: ) The details and liveliness of your embassy really make it for me. Nice work! :thumbup:

I think you did a great job blending Kaliphlin with Mitgardia :thumbup: , I am especially liking the the back second story, the windows are perfect. The interior on the first floor is my favorite part - looks like they are set to have quite a feast tonight!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who tried out the four flags on top of the dome, I did almost the exact same thing on mine, except it threw off the proportions too much so I scrapped it. It looks so much better on yours!

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Kayne I think for most mocs it's the details that make it for me.

Basil I had alot of fun making them, I would have liked to have done a room with some beds in but there wasn't enough space, I would have tried lighting the top fireplace up too but wanted to finish the rest of the moc off first.

Gabe The bottom and top are nice long rooms good for shots, If I had split them up with extra rooms it would have been a bit different. I always like to make mocs look lively and busy with plenty of mini scenes going on without overcrowding it too much.

Eryn I do like that side too, everyone is welcome in the lodge plenty of food and drink to go around. I was wondering how to attach the flags and I came across that idea and just went with it,TBH the top was rushed, if I had an idea I went with it without too much altering. If I wasn't pushed for time I would have revisited it and maybes toned it down but for future challenges it might be an idea to get an early start.

Cheers everyone and good luck.

The gold really shows the wealth of Kaliphlin well! :laugh:

Also very nice decorated interior and nice mix between Mitgardian cabin-style and Kaliphlin Palace-style :classic:

It's a pleasure to look to the golden touches in it, they are absolutely masterpieces

The gold really shows the wealth of Kaliphlin well! :laugh:

Also very nice decorated interior and nice mix between Mitgardian cabin-style and Kaliphlin Palace-style :classic:

It's a pleasure to look to the golden touches in it, they are absolutely masterpieces

Thank you, I was thinking about the wealth of Kaliphlin when doing the domes, but then I think it may be ott. I'll tone it down a bit in future mocs.

This is a Beautiful Embassy! I really like the windows, and your colors work well here. I love the crosses and the other roof details, and the interiors are Amazing! Great job!

This is a Beautiful Embassy! I really like the windows, and your colors work well here. I love the crosses and the other roof details, and the interiors are Amazing! Great job!

Thanks rogueang, for the upper floor I would have used tan windows but I didn't have enough so grey it was. I always love interiors it just adds a whole level of playability and is open to more features. Cheers.

Great job on the walls but the interior is what I liked most!

Like Ecclesiastes said, excellent exterior, but the detailed interior (especially that fireplace) finishes it off nicely.

Like Ecclesiastes said, excellent exterior, but the detailed interior (especially that fireplace) finishes it off nicely.

Thank you, I do love Derfel Cadarn's style of an incredibly detailed exterior but always think that it makes the moc extra special if there is an equally detailed interior. Glad you like the fireplaces.

Another thing, other than the fortress, this is the wealthiest building in town! Oh, also, can you post this in the town thread plox?

Edited by Jakon

I like all the golden adornments on this embassy. Makes it look very royal. Very Kaliphlin. I didn't know you could get so many of those pieces in gold.

Edited by palathadric