Mencot

Missing parts

Tried to search for a topic about missing parts but didn`t find any (I am bad on searching :classic: ) if somebody knows then it would be helpful if put a link here.

But the problem, 1. what to do if there is missing parts in sets?

2. And then what do when there is missing parts in minifigure bags?

For the first one, whom to contact for replacement parts, Lego in the country, the store where you buyed it or to main Lego?

The second, is there any chance to get replacements for the parts in the bags or is it just tough luck, to bad kind of thing?

Thanks

I dont know but there was a sprue of flower petals missing from a friends set I purchased recently ((olivia's tree house)mind you it did have an extra stalk) and I bought 3 of the series 6 minifig minatours and one only had one horn instead of 2) :(

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx

There you go :sweet:

Fill in the form on the Customer Service website and the missing parts will be delivered to your address, regardless of your location. You don't need to contact local representatives / shops.

Missing parts are nothing irregular, the good thing is that LEGO Customer Service is very swift in handling the issue.

Hope that helps!

There you go :sweet:

Fill in the form on the Customer Service website and the missing parts will be delivered to your address, regardless of your location. You don't need to contact local representatives / shops.

Missing parts are nothing irregular, the good thing is that LEGO Customer Service is very swift in handling the issue.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, thats great but, on question does it work for the minifigures too. They ask the set number, what does minifigures have for number?

Haven't heard of there being problems with the Collectable Minifigures, so I can't say whether it works with them as well. You could, however, just specify the set number of the CM series and then additionally explain in detail what's wrong with the particular figure.

They typically don't have replacement parts available for the Collectable Minifigures (see here for set numbers)

They typically don't have replacement parts available for the Collectable Minifigures (see here for set numbers)

Ok, thanks for your helpful comments :classic:

I will try and if it doesn`t work, atleast TLG has been informed that there have been some missing parts

Rick is right. I have experienced it myself 'first hand' on a very few and occasions. Unfortunately, TLG Customer Service does not have the missing part for the LEGO Collectable Minifigures in their inventory breakdown. Drop them a detailed email and tell them your situation to see what they can do for you to provide you a possible remedy.

Rick is right. I have experienced it myself 'first hand' on a very few and occasions. Unfortunately, TLG Customer Service does not have the missing part for the LEGO Collectable Minifigures in their inventory breakdown. Drop them a detailed email and tell them your situation to see what they can do for you to provide you a possible remedy.

I believe their solution for missing or otherwise faulty collectible minifigure parts is just to give you a replacement minifigure. The reason they don't have replacement parts on hand is that the collectible minifigures are produced and packaged entirely in China, so there are never any significant quantities of loose parts lying around in Denmark where I believe their replacement parts service is based.

I believe their solution for missing or otherwise faulty collectible minifigure parts is just to give you a replacement minifigure. The reason they don't have replacement parts on hand is that the collectible minifigures are produced and packaged entirely in China, so there are never any significant quantities of loose parts lying around in Denmark where I believe their replacement parts service is based.

Correction: They'll send you another Minifig from the same series, whether it's the incomplete one or not is up to chance. I should know, my Cavewoman had an incomplete hair piece and when they sent another one, it was Detective I got. They were really good about it, though. I ended up just going to bricklink to get the missing element.

Correction: They'll send you another Minifig from the same series, whether it's the incomplete one or not is up to chance. I should know, my Cavewoman had an incomplete hair piece and when they sent another one, it was Detective I got. They were really good about it, though. I ended up just going to bricklink to get the missing element.

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified that. They're not going to identify a matching minifigure for you. :blush:

The service provided by TLG is very good. I have a 'wheel' missing from my Tower Bridge and a 2x3 light grey from my Death Star. (Separate cases) They were shipped for free and it took about 2-3 weeks as promised for them to reach Indonesia. There were no questions asked, and they didn't ask me to prove anything. I actually fear for the TLG that the system might get abused. I'm not sure if rare parts are replaceable, thankfully all that were missing from my sets were common ones.

That being said, I believe prevention is better than cure. I think the missing part monitoring system needs to be adjusted. From a Lego documentary that I watched, it seem that they rely on weighing the sets to ensure that nothing is missing. But the result is a lot of extra, unnecessary useless parts while there still is a possibility for a missing part.

I think the missing part detection system of TLG is very good considering the volume of sets they produce. In all the years that I bought sets (or gotten them as a gift when I was younger), I have ever only had to contact TLG once. (I had a wrong bag in a set at the beginning of the year. As already said, no questions asked.)

The service provided by TLG is very good. I have a 'wheel' missing from my Tower Bridge and a 2x3 light grey from my Death Star. (Separate cases) They were shipped for free and it took about 2-3 weeks as promised for them to reach Indonesia. There were no questions asked, and they didn't ask me to prove anything. I actually fear for the TLG that the system might get abused. I'm not sure if rare parts are replaceable, thankfully all that were missing from my sets were common ones.

That being said, I believe prevention is better than cure. I think the missing part monitoring system needs to be adjusted. From a Lego documentary that I watched, it seem that they rely on weighing the sets to ensure that nothing is missing. But the result is a lot of extra, unnecessary useless parts while there still is a possibility for a missing part.

Weight checks are one of the most trusted means of checking mass-produced items to ensure they have the right quantity of contents. This applies to everything from LEGO sets to boxes of cereal. TLG probably also uses other means of quality control, like checking one set per batch to see if there are any omissions. But with mass-production at TLG's scale, it would be impossible to manually check each package individually for completion.

Thus the weight check is invaluable: it's the best means they have of ensuring quality control for all sets produced, not just a few sample sets from a batch. Errors get by the weight check occasionally (in a particularly egregious example, my younger brother once got a BIONICLE set with a red 2x4 brick in place of the intended silver shoulder armor piece), but far more would get by if TLG didn't have the option of checking every box in some way or another.

As for the uselessness of extra parts, that's a matter of opinion. Sometimes the smallest parts are the ones it's most useful to have multiples of, like 1x1 tiles for SNOT brick lettering and mosaics. Remember the outcry there was after the Collectible Minifigures stopped including extra parts? It wasn't huge, but there were some people who felt very strongly about getting extra minifigure accessories.

My Gladiator minifig from Series 5 came without one of the critical pieces in the bag - his sword! I've been mourning his unarmed-edness now for 2 weeks, seeing as he was one of the minifigs that I REALLY wanted.

My Gladiator minifig from Series 5 came without one of the critical pieces in the bag - his sword! I've been mourning his unarmed-edness now for 2 weeks, seeing as he was one of the minifigs that I REALLY wanted.

If I were you, I would still contact Customer Support. In the past, I have had missing/badly molded parts in sets that were a short time out of production, and received replacements.

If I were you, I would still contact Customer Support. In the past, I have had missing/badly molded parts in sets that were a short time out of production, and received replacements.

I read earlier in this thread that they can't send specific parts or even minifigs in the minifig series, but rather just "a" minifig from the same series. Guess I'll have to finger my way through a batch at a toy store, IF I can find series 5 again...

I once brought the blacksmith set, and I found the torso cracked up under the arm, I rang them up and they sent me the whole figure...

With the CMS, they just sent me not one, not two but three packages when I told them about my artist missing his paintbrush

With the CMS, they just sent me not one, not two but three packages when I told them about my artist missing his paintbrush

Did you buy it form S@H or elsewhere? When I contacted the customer service about my CMS Highlander who had the legs of a Minotaur they just answered that I should contact the shop from where I had bought the faulty product.

I once brought the blacksmith set, and I found the torso cracked up under the arm, I rang them up and they sent me the whole figure...

That was a good deal, it seems to be quite diffrent from country to country an case to case how they solve stuff,

Because this what "Haltiamieli" said:

Did you buy it form S@H or elsewhere? When I contacted the customer service about my CMS Highlander who had the legs of a Minotaur they just answered that I should contact the shop from where I had bought the faulty product.

is something I can quote too about CMFs but I had an missing lion knights armor and I went here: http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx and filled out the form. Two emails from Lego and two weeks, an envelope with the Lion armor dropped from the letterbox. So thats excellent service :sweet:

Lego Customer Service is great and it is probably easy to abuse so they have a few safeguards in place. I have purchased a lot of Lego within the last 6 months and have come across a lot of sets with one or two missing pieces, so I've requested many which probably set off some red flags in their system, even though it is 100% legitimate. I have to send them copies of my receipts and the purchase code in the back of the manual before they ever send me anything and then they say I have to pay for pieces from now on, so it is almost counter-productive to request any missing pieces. I might as well just buy pieces from Bricklink for cheaper to actually build my sets instead of requesting pieces that should have come with the set originally. But I digress..

Contact them and see what they say. But I do think it depends on who you talk with because some are more lenient than others.

Incidentally, today I had a shield in a CM6 roman, that was bend. I called Lego, and they gave me a choice: Either get a random CM6 set, or a minifigure of choice from all other sets, except licensed. This is great service in my opinion, it is too bad I won't get a new shield, but I can imagine it would be hard to do that, with the CM's being made in China and all.

Incidentally, today I had a shield in a CM6 roman, that was bend. I called Lego, and they gave me a choice: Either get a random CM6 set, or a minifigure of choice from all other sets, except licensed. This is great service in my opinion, it is too bad I won't get a new shield, but I can imagine it would be hard to do that, with the CM's being made in China and all.

That's an especially nice offer considering it's very possible that the shield was bent through no fault of LEGO. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to someone feeling the packets too roughly, or the packet being stepped on by a customer and then returned to the rack. I know I'd definitely appreciate such an offer, especially seeing as you could pick a minifig only available in larger, more expensive sets!