Sign in to follow this  
Captain Blackmoor

Veizlasalr Skógrhaukr

Veizlasalr Skógrhaukr

In the Northern cold lands of Mitgardia, the Avalonia Trading Company established an embassy to provide shelter for travellers and merchants, and a place to negotiate for diplomats. Because of it's remote position, heavy fortifications weren't required. A wooden pallisade to keep the wolves out and a garrisson of A.T.C. soldiers to chase potential enemy forces off the hill on which the embassy is built. The embassy is built in ancient Mitgardian ruins, with traces of Avalonian architecture.

Inside the hall there is a feast area with lots of Avalonian ale, mead and food. There are as well seperate places to discuss matters of importance.

Feasting Hall of the Forest Hawks

6875949711_69972e03c4_b.jpg

6875949133_ab72fe34a1_b.jpg

6875948643_c2603ac391_b.jpg

6875948381_62fbcc1154_b.jpg

6875949413_57931abbf4_b.jpg

More pictures will be up tonight! Thanks for viewing. :thumbup:

As promised, here they are. They haven't been edited though. :tongue:

embassy08.jpg

The place for diplomats to discuss matters of importance.

embassy09.jpg

And a place to sit down after the hard negotiations.

embassy10.jpg

The feasting hall interior again.

embassy11.jpg

A.T.C. officer and musketeer. Notice the custom dark tan planks. :wub:

embassy14.jpg

A.T.C. halberdier patrolling the perimeter.

embassy13.jpg

Thou shalt not pass!

embassy12.jpg

A.T.C. halberdier guarding the entrance.

embassy24.jpg

The feasting hall again.

embassy01.jpg

And some men enjoying the feast.

Very interesting build. It reminds of Skyrim in some way. Can't wait for the other pictures, 'cause the ones you posted now seem a bit too grainy to make out most of the details. What I really like about this, is you that have added an interior. I'm a sucker for interiors :wub: . The combination of dark green, brown and grey works well too. Makes me think of Rohan somehow :tongue: .

EDIT: I forgot to ask, what does it's name mean? Or is it just something random?

Edited by Khorne

Wow, is pretty much all I can say here, as this building is absolutely superb!! So many nice details and of course the dining hall, which almost invites one to participate in the feast. I'm really a big fan of these almost photo-realistic kind of mocs. And of course green as a roof color is really cool too!

Very nice! I wonder how many late additions we have yet to see today! This one was worth the wait.

I love the roofs, very impossing.

And the interior is so full of activity.

Well done. :thumbup:

This build is so nice, you truely have a talent and you show it with every creation you make, that is one imposing yet homely and inviting embassy.

Brilliant work :thumbup:

I saw this on flickr and was waiting for it to come up on here. Very nice, I also love interiors and yours is great. The chandelier is very nice. Great job :thumbup:

Also well done on editing the photos, I'll be doing that for my future mocs.

Edited by CptMugwash

EDIT: I forgot to ask, what does it's name mean? Or is it just something random?

I'm not positive on the meaning (and obviously once the Captain chimes in it will answer the question completely) but in an attempt to satisfy you somewhat I think it's something along the lines of Guild hall of the Forest-Hawk (I'm not really sure on the "guild" bit. I can't quite remember what Veizla means on it's own like this.)

edit:

LOL! I kind of feel like an idiot now. Just realized there's a translation in the first post. Just above the first picture is Feasting Hall of the Forest Hawks.

Edited by Foremast Jack

LOL! I kind of feel like an idiot now. Just realized there's a translation in the first post. Just above the first picture is Feasting Hall of the Forest Hawks.

:blush: Kind of feel stupid too for missing that. I should of know it meant something about feasting hall.

This is wonderful! It surely has a good mix of the two guilds and they blend very good!

I really like your own building style! I may have to borrow that great idea for oil lamps that are attached at the roof! :classic:

Great work on this one!

I have added some more pictures to the first post. :classic:

Very interesting build. It reminds of Skyrim in some way. Can't wait for the other pictures, 'cause the ones you posted now seem a bit too grainy to make out most of the details. What I really like about this, is you that have added an interior. I'm a sucker for interiors :wub: . The combination of dark green, brown and grey works well too. Makes me think of Rohan somehow :tongue: .

Thanks! Yeah, I've gained some inspiration from Skyrim as I've adapted some architecture. :blush:

The pictures are grainy indeed, I was in an extreme hurry as I didn't know if I had time today to submit my entry. And it would be a shame to fail the deadline. :laugh:

Wow, is pretty much all I can say here, as this building is absolutely superb!! So many nice details and of course the dining hall, which almost invites one to participate in the feast. I'm really a big fan of these almost photo-realistic kind of mocs. And of course green as a roof color is really cool too!

Thank you! I've fallen in love with dark green, and I'm glad it pays off. :classic:

Very nice! I wonder how many late additions we have yet to see today! This one was worth the wait.

Thanks! I'm curious as well to see where other people come up with. There are some epic embassys already!

I love the roofs, very impossing.

And the interior is so full of activity.

Well done. :thumbup:

I'm glad you like it! :sweet:

This build is so nice, you truely have a talent and you show it with every creation you make, that is one imposing yet homely and inviting embassy.

Brilliant work :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm glad you see a homely and inviting embassy, that was exactly the feeling I was looking for! :sweet:

I saw this on flickr and was waiting for it to come up on here. Very nice, I also love interiors and yours is great. The chandelier is very nice. Great job :thumbup:

Also well done on editing the photos, I'll be doing that for my future mocs.

Thank you! The chandelier was something I came up with after the embassy was finished, and I'm glad I put it in there as it fills up that huge space nicely. :sweet: Editing the pictures takes some time, but it makes the MOC look so much better.

I'm not positive on the meaning (and obviously once the Captain chimes in it will answer the question completely) but in an attempt to satisfy you somewhat I think it's something along the lines of Guild hall of the Forest-Hawk (I'm not really sure on the "guild" bit. I can't quite remember what Veizla means on it's own like this.)

edit:

:laugh::thumbup:

:blush: Kind of feel stupid too for missing that. I should of know it meant something about feasting hall.

:tongue:

Nice embassy. The roofwork is well done and the interior is full of life :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Now that is cool! Well played. This is one of my favorites by far.

This is wonderful! It surely has a good mix of the two guilds and they blend very good!

I really like your own building style! I may have to borrow that great idea for oil lamps that are attached at the roof! :classic:

Great work on this one!

Thank you! I'm glad you like my embassy, and of course you may borrow the idea for those oil lamps! :sweet:

Very, very nice. The new pictures look great. I'm wondering where you got those dark tan planks, though. I could've sworn I've seen them somewhere, but I can't recall where :wacko: . Are they from Brickforge or some Bricklink store (I think there's a German store on Bricklink that sells custom printed items, too, but I can't remember its name).

Wow, great embassy Captain Blackmoor! I especially love the roofline and detailing, and the interiors are great also. :thumbup: I am curious about the amount of vegetation you seem to have growing on the inside walls and ceiling though - what's going on there? :look:

I am curious about the amount of vegetation you seem to have growing on the inside walls and ceiling though - what's going on there? :look:

This may not have been the intent, but it reminded me of the typical Norse langhús. The MOC here a little sparing in this regard, but I think it is reminiscent. :wink:

Þjóðveldisbær in Þjórsárdalur, Iceland:

house_reconstruction.jpg

Eiríksstaðir in Haukadalur, Iceland:

eiriksstadir.jpg

This is a beautiful Embassy! I love the way the roof slopes all the way to the ground, and the sheer amount of dk green in this build screams Avalonia. Very inventive building, I really like the balconies inside and the chandelier (I've been meaning to do this with my Dwarf build someday). Very nice MOC as usual!

:thumbup: Stunning! Simply stunning, Captain! *oh2* So much detail and life in this MOC. It surpising how much minifigs well placed can add to the scene and make it come to life. Although this build would still look great without them. :laugh: So much attention to detail in this embassey, it's stunning. But I repeat myself.