Fonzy

Kaliphlin ambassy in Avalonia

I present you my Kaliphlin embassy in Avalonia.

I tried to combine the style of a Kaliphlin building I made (see: Ma'al Ta'ar) and Derfel's style, which I see often used in Avalonia.

Front:

6856879609_95d31cffe6_b.jpg

6856879513_b96fde6b49_b.jpg

Back:

6856879367_2f46b3a02d_b.jpg

6856879251_3f2ffe87bd_b.jpg

Sides:

6856879715_f7afe6bc86_b.jpg

6856879063_477da9634e_b.jpg

Hope you like it.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

That looks like a fantastic place to go take a few days off visiting :classic:

I find your lack of Minifigures interesting - so many of us (my self being a big one) love to collect and cram them in. It has been joked that I build not for the sake of building something cool - but to build something to showcase my figs :wink:

But I like how you don't have figs - It makes this feel so ... homely ... like everyone is having a good time INSIDE the house, and not bothering hanging out on the outside.

The cross hatching with the brown plates - BRILLIANT.

Only suggestion I could make is maybe make the path slightly more interesting - normally I would suggest something like add more 1x1 round plates ... but I think you might be running low on them :laugh:

Alternatively maybe put a little border around it?

Really great work.

I agree with SI! The cross hatching with the brown tiles and cheese slopes thrown in look great! You are doing our guild proud!

Quite the collection of 1x1 plates I see :tongue: . Well I think you hit the nail right on the head. This definitely looks Avalonian with a spice of Kaliphlin. I agree that the upper floor beams are beautifully done. The tree is great, as is the landscaping around the building. Very nice MOC!

Thank for all your comments

Only suggestion I could make is maybe make the path slightly more interesting - normally I would suggest something like add more 1x1 round plates ... but I think you might be running low on them :laugh:

Running low on 1x1 round plates? When it comes to the gray-ish ones I used them to the last one I could find.

Looking really good! As said before, very Avalonish with some spice of Kaliphin! :laugh:

One or two minifigs to guard the embassy perhaps? But then again, we Avalonians are a peacefull people so you don´t have anything to fear!

A fantastic mix of Avalonian and Kaliphlin styles, fits right in and just what I would expect to see in the embassy challenge. This MUST be in our top 5 MOCs for the embassy challenge. :thumbup:

I agree with out guild leader, I like how it's so peaceful outside instead of minifigs everywhere. And that cross hatching is so :wub:.

I agree with SI! The cross hatching with the brown tiles and cheese slopes thrown in look great! You are doing our guild proud!

Indeed, it looks great. Also a nice touch to put Kaliphlin windows in an Avalonian house!

Great embassy Fonzy, a lovely mix of Avalonian and Kaliphlin style. Those nougat ground floor windows and the half timbering on the upper level are the bomb, and the landscaping sets off the house beautifully too. :thumbup: Although i might have put higher fences in the nougat windows if it were me - looks like anyone could just jump through the open windows as they are - now that's taking welcoming a bit too far! :laugh:

It really has an Avalonian look globally seen. But looking closer, you see a lot of Kaliphlin elements in it! (colours, windowarches, ...). Great job!

Great job! You really nailed the Avalonia look here. And really nice landscaping too. I'm going to have to buy some more 1x1 round plates so I can start building in this style too. Do you know how many you used in this build approximately? Would like to get an idea of how many I need. My only suggestion is to add a bit of texture to the path, which looks a bit too flat right now.

Admittedly, I hadn't noticed the cross hatch untill I read the reply's, but it's brilliant! I also like those roof beems, clean and solid.

I see I am not the only one reading Derfel's guide on how to build a medieval village. When I first looked at it, I thought it WAS one of Derfel's works... Great work!

You really did an excellent job in combining the styles of Avalonia and Kaliphlin. Good work. I really like the gold 1x1 round plates lining the roof. :laugh: If there was a guard or two outside. Just idly lounging around and perhaps if you'd see a few minifigs in the window it would be perfect. :thumbup: