ZCerberus

Rossen Manor

M’Lord Burress,

I send you word from Rossen Manor, the Avalonian Embassy at the foothills of the Rakath Mountains in Nocturnus. Yesterday Rossen Manor played host to Andonii, the Chancellor of Avalonia, and his companion, William Harkenshire, the Lord of Panik. They share your concerns and those of our Lord Rex about the growing darkness in Historica. Even here, in the shadow of the mountains in the Eastern darklands, a cloudy gloom grows.

The gloom is seemingly the only thing that grows in Nocturnus these days. Though Avalonian plants still sprout inside our estate, anything that touches the Nocturnian soil or air dies and withers instantly. Even the trees and Violet’s vine outside our walls appear more lifeless than usual. My eyes long to see the lush life of the Avalonian hills and rivers once again. I want to feel the sunlight upon my face, and gaze upon the beauty of the Pearl City. I fear the darkness may take this land before I ever have that chance.

The Chancellor warned us to increase our garrison at the manor incase our fragile relations with the Nocturnians finally cracks in these dark days. Peace at the manor has been uneasy, but constant. We have not had to ring the warning bell in Rossen Tower for years. It was said the noise from the bell disorients and drives the local minotaur population mad.

To prepare for the dark times, we have sent out a call for sharpshooters and a request to Lord Rex for any arms he can spare from the forges of Albion. We now ask you, Lord of Mesodraconem, to send any siege engineers that may be able to help us prepare the defenses for the coming storm. I fear the first rains may fall here, at Rossen Manor, the only ray of sunlight in these black lands.

Your friend and ally,

Bishop Kronely

img_7589.jpg

img_7540.jpg

img_7537.jpg

img_7553.jpg

Click the thumbnails to see all the angles:

img_7519.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7520.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7531.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7533.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7537.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7595.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click the thumbnails to see some of the finer details:

img_7542.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7564.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7517.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7574.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click the thumbnails to see the vegetation:

img_7544.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7548.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7576.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7579.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click the thumbnails to see the interior:

img_7565.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7567.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7570.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7508.jpg_thumb.jpg

Oh- and I forgot to say it here... credit to Tiberium Blue for the liftarm thing, DC for the roof on the bell tower and de Gothia for the little dragon sign thingy outside the embassy.

Just amazing Z! I very much like the feel of surrounding darkness you've acomplished with this. The outer wall is great and the Manor just splendid. I am glad to see the technic lift arm technique, it is a great one.

I love how you have featured some sig-figs and I wonder if I'll ever make it into a MOC. :) An amazing entry for round 2! -K.Kreations

This is quite a MOC! Fantastic build as always. You have worked out the scene to the least detail with great skill. I specially like the interior, the gate and the roof shape. A small nitpicking: I feel the tower, in spite of having a nice combination of roundness and normal bricks, lacks some colour patterns. Perhaps you could have extended those dark grey areas a little bit more through the walls default_blink.gif

I wonder if I'll ever make it into a MOC. :)

You never know K.K... the next MOCs I plan to do will all feature a story told through a letter written to the King or another Lord like the one here in Rossen Manor and some of the heroes of Avalonia have a good shot at making it into some of those MOCs.

Perhaps you could have extended those dark grey areas a little bit more through the walls

Yeah... I had to order tons of those liftarms, and I did get some in dark gray, but probably not enough... anywho, once they are on there, they aren't coming off without a fight! I think part of the issue is that the base of the house is ALSO built with the liftarms, but since it is 95% covered by the outter walls you can't see it... that does make the towers grayness stick out a bit more than I would like.

May I ask where you got the name Rossen from??

Well there are lots of little red flowers inside the Avalonian side... kind of like roses... but I didn't want to call it "rose manor" so I modified it a bit to Rossen. Change a letter here and there and maybe you would think you were in the "Dollhouse" :sceptic:

Well there are lots of little red flowers inside the Avalonian side... kind of like roses... but I didn't want to call it "rose manor" so I modified it a bit to Rossen. Change a letter here and there and maybe you would think you were in the "Dollhouse" :sceptic:

I'm only asking because it's my brother's name :laugh:

Wonderful building and superb architecture yet again from you!

I'm only asking because it's my brother's name :laugh:

Interesting. I have never met a Rossen or known anyone by that name. How weird is that? Oh- and I PMed you earlier- let me know about that stuff when you get a chance.

another Great build, as I mentioned before, love the tiberium blue technique on the tower, the details and of course, all the photos showing pleanty of details..

I also like the backstory. I was going to present my embassy build as a letter as well after de Gothia presented his embassy the same way. It's a great way to add character and story at the same time.

Edited by MikeyB

Wow, nice build, ZCerberus. I like the way you portrayed your safe haven inside the walls compared to the blackness outside. The introduction adds to that feel too.

The house also looks splendid. Well done.

Wow Z! This beuaty looks even better with the improved pics!

The contrats between our green and lush area and the black and dead Nocturnian land is great!

As I said before, that technique from TB is great and you manage to incorporate is so good in this moc! The tudor style houses are your strength and this my friend is no exception! Great work Z!!!

A stunning Embassy Z, very well thought out. I like the many different parts of this, it feels like a propper embassy with a main building surrounded by wooden battlements and a tower. Great work on all the details. I see the effect of the dead trees really works well, kind of like an outpost of 'good' surrounded by 'evil'. Excellent work, a fine entry indeed and glad to see the photos turned out very well in the end :thumbup:

This build is AMAZING as usual! I love everything about this Embassy. The letter was great, I really like the towers and their windows, the main tower is really nice - where did you get that bell from? I also really like the interior with the central fireplace, and it's chimneys. My favorite things by far though are the lift-arm tower and the lift-arm posts at the gate. I think they just look incredible. I love the Avalonia/Nocturnus clash you've created here. BEAUTIFUL! :wub:

You MOCs always surprise and inspire me! Great work, as always.

I was just thinking the day before you posted this that our guild should have an embassy in Nocturnus, as it makes perfect sense.

Rock on!

I see you will repeat on the top 5¡ :classic:

It is very good embassy, I like the wooden towers, have a realistic timber look, the largest one resembles a lot to the one on Durnovaria, wich I love to see the continuity.

And of course the interior is priceless with so much detail. :thumbup:

A beautiful building in a beautiful land. I shall come and visit shortly.

Dr Rod

Thanks everyone! This one took a while for me to get inspired, but I did enjoy the build the further along I got with it. I like how the trees turned out, and honestly those turned out to be some of the best pictures. Definitely check out the vegetation pictures if you skipped them. the effect of the trees dying when the cross over into Nocturnus and springing to life in Avalonia isn't as strong as I had hoped, but I think it works if you look closely!

This is incredible Zcerberus! A shiny gem in the midst of the barren lands!

It's a fantastic structure with a nice amount of detail and a true Avalonia feeling! :thumbup:

I hope there is a seat left for the Avalonia Trading Company diplomats!

A fantastic embassy which certainly rises the standard!

Great design! And nice use of technics.

I like youve made more of a fence then a wall, like real ambassies. And the death treas look great, it shows the wastland of Nocturnus in a other way than lava. Also a nice touch to build an interior, it makes it come more alive :thumbup:

Also a nice touch to build an interior, it makes it come more alive :thumbup:

It seems that is the direction many took with the embassy builds. I do think it adds a little touch of life to a build as well. :thumbup:

oh man, this is really so cool, all those details I wouldn't possibly think of. Yet nothing so complicated that it seems like a magical kinda built. You're definetely building in a league most of us dream of!!